• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

bubumiao

I REALLY really hope they do this. This game with the way it's been made really calls for a long, healthy lifespan.

I'm thinking we should set a GAF Injustice 2 gear enabled tournament up for either the Friday or Saturday the week of release. Who's down?

I'm down :D

I'm don't have a problem with the Batman characters so far, unlike a lot of people, but Penguin would push me over, probably Two-Face too. I had enough of them in the Arkham games.

I've never played those games (I want to get the Return to Arkham double pack). I'd be excited if they come as DLC.

It just struck me which Brainiac this one reminds me the most of. The one from The Black Ring arc:
ozrju.jpg

Oh wow, Green Lantern is a ton of fun to use. I never was that big of a fan when I first played through the game almost for years ago. I'm also not doing as terribly as I thought I would be. I've won some matches and got a lot of them pretty close. I just need to work on punishing.

Slaythe

Er...

A gear enabled tournament ? Hell no. There's a reason they don't let you use abilities without stats. Some are broken and not balanced.

Now you can tell me "it's for fun !" but then don't make a tournament. Make something else.

A tournament implies it gotta be competitive. Worst of all, you can't make sure everybody will have the same level, so what if some us who get review copies decide to join and we're max level with legendary gear and most people don't ?

Like it's a logistical nightmare, just make it non gear enabled.

sinkfla87

Er...

A gear enabled tournament ? Hell no. There's a reason they don't let you use abilities without stats. Some are broken and not balanced.

Now you can tell me "it's for fun !" but then don't make a tournament. Make something else.

A tournament implies it gotta be competitive. Worst of all, you can't make sure everybody will have the same level, so what if some us who get review copies decide to join and we're max level with legendary gear and most people don't ?

Like it's a logistical nightmare, just make it non gear enabled.

Fair enough lol. Then let's just do a competitive mode (gear disabled) tournament on that Friday or Saturday like I suggested before and later on maybe we can have 2 tournaments on a weekend, one competitive mode again and one gear enabled. Might even have a prize for the gear disabled tourney, and the one WITH gear on isn't really so much of a normal tournament but rather a showcase of the different abilities and is supposed to be for fun. Only reason I'd even call it a tournament is so it could be on stream (competitive will have a stream also), and we can see just how ridiculous it will be with the stats enabled (level 20 characters allowed only).

Also, preview for INJUSTICE 2 #3
http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2017/04/21/dc-preview-injustice-2-ch-3/
I think Grodd is controlling Batman

Marvel

could never
Haha, Cage dressing up like various members of the roster would be legit.

Kinda like Deadpool with Cable etc in MvC3 lol

I REALLY really hope they do this. This game with the way it's been made really calls for a long, healthy lifespan.

I'm thinking we should set a GAF Injustice 2 gear enabled tournament up for either the Friday or Saturday the week of release. Who's down?

I am so down for this. It'll be a great chance for everyone to show off their custom characters.

Injustice noob here. While I own Injustice 1, I've not actually played it too much. I'm super excited about Injustice 2, with it being a loot game, and am wondering if the story is continuous from Injustice 1. If so, I'll probably play through the story mode for it before 2 comes out.

vg260

Injustice noob here. While I own Injustice 1, I've not actually played it too much. I'm super excited about Injustice 2, with it being a loot game, and am wondering if the story is continuous from Injustice 1. If so, I'll probably play through the story mode for it before 2 comes out.

No reason not to if you have the game. It's entertaining enough and the I2 story is a continuation.

sinkfla87

I am so down for this. It'll be a great chance for everyone to show off their custom characters.

That's what I'm thinking! Are you okay with gear or no gear, or both? Slaythe isn't keen on a gear enabled tournament so I think we should have two different tournaments one with and one without! I need to make a sign up for the tournament, I might set one up through challonge. Finding a proper time when we're all available is important, too.

I didn't even think about it but I gotta figure out everyone's platforms too haha. I think I might buy the game on Xbox digital as well. I did that with MKX.

Xevren

If tourney is just for fun doesn't really matter, though preference will always be for competitive mode. Stats can really just make things pretty nutty but still...just for fun so no big deal. I just want the game to be out already!

I'm more keen on the idea of a "custom moves" tournament, where you equip your character with the equippable special moves. I think you can setup loadouts where you have the unique moves, but no gear; aka you have the custom moves, but no gear stats.

The folks over at Test Your Might are entertaining the idea of a side tournament like this at EVO--a custom moves tournament, but no gear stats.

sinkfla87

I'm more keen on the idea of a "custom moves" tournament, where you equip your character with the equippable special moves. I think you can setup loadouts where you have the unique moves, but no gear; aka you have the custom moves, but no gear stats.

The folks over at Test Your Might are entertaining the idea of a side tournament like this at EVO--a custom moves tournament, but no gear stats.

Same here, I'm excited at the idea of seeing all the crazy shit go down with the abilities haha. I think I'll go ahead and organize two separate ones to please both crowds, but I'm more excited to see what ridiculousness people can come up with. They said on stream though that gear stats and abilities are one​ in the same and can't be separated. :( Then again, I guess you can disable the level handicap and strip the characters down to the most basic level 1 gear? That might be a good way around it? How are they proposing it over there? That might be a fair way of using custom moves without level advantages and stat boosts.

Think I've decided on my most wanted DLC characters.
  1. Faora
  2. Batwoman
  3. Plastic Man
  4. Black Manta
  5. Mary Marvel
  6. The Atom
  7. Circe
  8. Red Hood or Lady Shiva
  9. Spawn or Hellboy

Marvel

could never
Is anyone else here getting the game on Xbox One? I'd love to have people to play on launch day.
Ahhh I mean I was, but a couple friends of mine aren't so canceled the order in favor of PS4. However! I will buy an extra copy on Scorpio's launch day as then I am leaving PS.

Garlador

1. Faora
  2. Batwoman
  3. Plastic Man
  4. Black Manta
  5. Mary Marvel
  6. The Atom
  7. Circe
  8. Red Hood or Lady Shiva
  9. Spawn or Hellboy

We doing DLC wish-lists now? WELL then...
  1. The Ray
  2. The Question
  3. Manhunter (Kate Spencer)
  4. Toyman
  5. Plastic Man
  6. Booster Gold
  7. Granny Goodness or Big Barda
  8. Azrael (dream big!)
  9. Invincible, Spawn, Savage Dragon, or Bigby Wolf

Narrowing it down almost isn't even fair. I'd still be thrilled if Deadman, or The Spectre, or Constantine, or Phantom Stranger, or Starman, or Captain Atom, or Vixen, or Star Sapphire, or Miss Martian popped up.

We doing DLC wish-lists now? WELL then...
  1. The Ray
  2. The Question
  3. Manhunter (Kate Spencer)
  4. Toyman
  5. Plastic Man
  6. Booster Gold
  7. Granny Goodness or Big Barda
  8. Azrael (dream big!)
  9. Invincible, Spawn, Savage Dragon, or Bigby Wolf

Narrowing it down almost isn't even fair. I'd still be thrilled if Deadman, or The Spectre, or Constantine, or Phantom Stranger, or Starman, or Captain Atom, or Vixen, or Star Sapphire, or Miss Martian popped up.

Here's mine:

1. Batwoman (w/Batgirl Premier Skin)
2. Mera
3. Booster Gold
4. Midnighter
5. Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld (never going to happen)
6. Black Hand
7. Black Manta
8. Johnny Cage/Cassie Cage
9. Buffy Summers, Invincible or Spawn

Choosing seven heroes and villains is tough. I'd love to have included Animal Man/Vixen, the Atom, Captain Atom, Star Sapphire, Vibe; there's just too many viable choices!

Scotia

Banned
We doing DLC lists? Here's what I want.

1. Red Hood
2. Constantine
3. Mera
4. Black Manta
5. Hawkman
6. Sinestro
7. Sub-Zero
8. Spawn
9. Hellboy

I know it would be a lot of work, but I really hope we get a second wave of DLC in 2018.

NRS strongly implied Injustice 2 would see support far longer than MKX did, with MKXL receiving updates even after the announcement of Injustice 2. I'd wager we'll see another season pass for sure; whether it's another nine characters though is hard to judge.

J-Tier

Don't know why I never thought of it, but Mary Marvel would be awesome! Great replacement for Billy in the story, and a great opportunity to redo the moveset.

Here's my new *dream* list (seems to change every day), now including Mary Marvel.
  1. Mary Marvel
  2. Black Manta
  3. Constantine
  4. Mera
  5. Animal Man
  6. Penguin
  7. Batwoman
  8. Raven
  9. Deadman

Edit:
I know it would be a lot of work, but I really hope we get a second wave of DLC in 2018.
Wishing for 10. Realistically expecting 2-4.

Tyaren

DLC wishlist:

1. Nightwing
2. Beast Boy
3. Klarion the Witch Boy
4. Constantine
5. Katana
6. Batgirl
7. Zatanna
8. Johnny Cage
9. Spawn
10. Spiderman ;)

Since I am not a big DC or Marvel comic fan I don't even know that much more to mention, lol.

My list for the DLC lineup.

1. Red Hood
2. Starfire
3. Black Manta
4. Raven
5. Katana
6. Batwoman
7. Rorscharch
8. Spawn
9. Johnny Cage/Sub-Zero

Obvious highly demanded characters and obvious Guest characters.

I can see they bringing back one Injustice 1 character which hopefully they give us a not ugly Raven. Also her gear would be awesome.

Also Katana because she is cool, female and has a lot potential for more sword moves carried over from MKX.

Batwoman because she is a Batman character, they can make up for no gender swap Premium skins and they can use all the Batgirls as Premium skins for her.

But doubt its all gonna happen because too many female characters and NRS hates females -_-

Ryce

I think I've said this before, but Black Manta is the only newcomer I'm actively hoping to see as DLC. The rest of my requests are returning characters from the first game.

Ryce

It might be worth mentioning that Mortal Kombat X's first DLC trailer (which revealed Tanya, Tremor, Jason, and Predator) was released exactly three weeks before the game came out. We're approaching the three week mark for Injustice 2, so maybe we'll get a DLC trailer in the next few days.

sinkfla87

Have a feeling we're either getting Darkseid gameplay this week or first 3 DLC characters announced

I think Thursday we will get a Darkseid showcase since Tyler said it's a special stream, kind of like they did with Goro. Maybe we will see some single player modes as well. Friday, we will see Joker and I fully expect a Red Hood tease along with it. I don't necessarily want Red Hood but the demand is there lol.

It might be worth mentioning that Mortal Kombat X's first DLC trailer (which revealed Tanya, Tremor, Jason, and Predator) was released exactly three weeks before the game came out. We're approaching the three week mark for Injustice 2, so maybe we'll get a DLC trailer in the next few days.

Wasn't there a leak though about the mkx dlc characters? I remember seeing it and a few days after they put up the trailer.

Top Bottom