• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captivate 2012 Rome - Embargo Ends April 10th

The embargo seems too long, but that's from the point of view of someone who wants to know about this shit now goddammit and not someone who actually has to write all this stuff up.

The embargo on journo write ups (hands on impressions?) doesn't mean Capcom won't release media themselves beforehand, right?

:(

fates

MH3G with or without online would be an day -10 buy for me. But not getting my hopes up (and if Nintendo is involved, I'd have a bad feeling it would end up another Europe only release).

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
If you guys wanna have a GAF meet-up and eat some REAL pizza/ pasta carbonara shoot me a PM.
Btw, I like NY pizza, it's just another kind of (good) food, that's all, not really pizza as we intend... And unfortunately now you can eat shitty pizza here in Italy as well, so don't make it personal and just accept my goddamn offer.
First round of drinks is on me if we don't go overboard.
Let it be clear that tonight I'll be watching the Barca vs AC Milan game tho :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...-presentation-captivate-new-future-mentioned/

With the quote possibly getting a bit lost in translation, Yoshinori Ono mentioned that Capcom's fighting game team was giving a presentation at this year's Captivate event, and talked about a new future.

Ono's English isn't stellar, so proceed with that in mind, but he stated:
So we're having Captivate at Rome just now! Fighting team had presentation for new future.
Came here to post this.

Potential announcement incoming. Though I don't feel as sure about DSIV announcement as I did before.

pow.jpg

?

Cyrano

Considering Capcom is probably never going to make an original Vita game, there are two options (three if the game is SFXT):
- MHP team porting Dragon's Dogma
- Resident Evil Revelations

I'm betting on RE:R because Dragon's Dogma doesn't have multiplayer and the port would take more resources than simply doing RE:R qHD

Or RE: Operation Raccoon City.
Or maybe an even bigger troll, RE:Mercenaries qHD.
I would guess that a PC port of Dragon's Dogma is more likely than a Vita port. That said, I doubt there will be any port of the game at all until after the initial release (just because people in this community know about the game doesn't mean that the game is widely known; frankly it's still very underground). I would say that Resident Evil or SFxT is far more likely to receive a port.

duckroll

I'll just drop something in here: I prefer the original game, not fond on the back and forth pows stuff, but this is good too.
That's it, you guys know.
Please mods delete my post or warn me so I can edit before banning me since I don't really know if we're allowed to drop hints in this case and I care a lot for my account.
I could only try three games since I wasn't really allowed in there [tag quote!] per se and I would feel bad for my friends.
If you guys are there as well drop me a pm, we'll have fun! Curious to meet gaffers :)

Edit: oh good duckroll is here, again don't nuke my account like I dropped idiotic rumours in my post, just edit it in case. I don't think there's speculation at all in there, it's obvious stuff.

I'm having difficulty understand what you are actually trying to say. Are you saying that you played JoJo's Bizarre Adventures HD at Captivate 2012 in Rome?

joe2187

Banned
After DS4 I think they need to lay off making any new fighters for a while. And give us some UMVC3 DLC.

Also, port Alien Vs. Predator to XBLA/PSN

Dash Kappei

Can you guys please delete my quotes? I'd appreciate it a lot.
I mean if I can't say anything worthy I may as well shut the fuck up instead of saying meaningless stuff just because a friend was nice to me and took me with him to the gig.

Dash Kappei

I'm having difficulty understand what you are actually trying to say. Are you saying that you played JoJo's Bizarre Adventures HD at Captivate 2012 in Rome?

I haven't even seen that game you're mentioning.
I was just trying to help give context to Filippo's tweets (at least what I made of it, maybe it wasn't that particular game but it sounded reasonable). It was stupid of me, again, sorry man.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I mean if I can't say anything worthy I may as well shut the fuck up instead of saying meaningless stuff just because a friend was nice to me and took me with him to the gig.

Your request is granted, but I think I could get what you meant. I hope that you have fun today.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
In order of FG likelihood:

Darkstalkers IV
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom XBLA/PSN
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom 2 XBLA/PSN
Street Fighter Alpha 4
Power Stone 1 or 2 or a new one XBLA/PSN
Street Fighter X Mortal Kombat
UMvC3 DLC / New MvC3 iteration
Capcom vs. SNK 3
New Street Fighter IV iteration or update
Street Fighter EX4
New Final Fight or new Rival Schools
Nintendo vs. Capcom

Xater

If you were clever you could have PMed a mod to post info and no one would have ever known the leak. ;)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Darkstalkers IV
Street Fighter Alpha 4
UMvC3 DLC / New MvC3 iteration (with 8-12 new characters please)
Capcom vs. SNK 3
Street Fighter All Star
Nintendo vs. Capcom

I don't mind to see Tales vs Breath of Fire. Just strange dream I had lately after playing Tales of Grace F.

Gartooth

I'm going to guess that aside from news related to SFxT DLC, we won't be getting any fighting game announcements at Captivate this year. (would be interested in DS though)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'd feel pretty crappy with the word new being thrown around so much for this to just be about sfxtekken...
Especially when everything there is to know about SFxTK is already out there and it's just a waiting game at this point.

Though, I don't remember Captivate -or Capcom as a while- being heavy on FG announcements anyways. I'd expect maximum two fighting game announcements per year, with the average closer to 1. The "robust roadmap" probably only has releases with that frequency, and they're just showing they're still committed to the genre.

Captivate is probably all RE6 with a hint of DmC just to remind people it still exists.

Gartooth

I'd feel pretty crappy with the word new being thrown around so much for this to just be about sfxtekken...

Well when Ono's quote mentioned a "new future" I'm thinking more along the lines of a new direction than just fighting games. It must be important, especially if he had to cut his time off work early just to go to Captivate.

Darkstalkers IV

Street Fighter Alpha 4
Street Fighter X Mortal Kombat
UMvC3 DLC / New MvC3 iteration
Capcom vs. SNK 3
New Street Fighter IV iteration or update
Street Fighter EX4
Nintendo vs. Capcom

TvC had problems (lol Niitsuma game) but it was fun and I'd love a followup.

Top Bottom