• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

MCD250

dfuwbfel

Daaamn.
This one looks dope.

Yup, Bishojou literally means pretty girl. They have figures for DC, Marvel, Tekken, and Street Fighter, among others in this line. They have other figures and collectibles for dozens of other franchises. Unless you want to see a sexy gender bent Zangief, I'd look at a different line of collectibles haha.

Also din't zenny get discontinued several months into SFV? Pretty sure multiple versions here in Japan came with free zenny.

Yes, Zenny was pulled before the in-game store was even added.
I don't think that Zenny ever got put on sale outside of those versions of the game that you mention.

Capcom here hella confident with that Zenny shit. When reality set in about CFN being crap they decided to sell premium skins directly through the platform holder's marketplace.

Hey, that's easier to get, and not as good as her stocking-less color, which so far only one persond in the world can use:
XURIQZb.png

Chun without stockings? Never knew that existed. Nice

You can't search by connection type because the game doesn't even know until you join the lounge.

Im not sure what you mean by this? I just want the system SF4 had. Im sure I could search via connection quality there.
I agree with you about the flags though. Being able to search via that, would be a huge benefit for me.

Im not sure what you mean by this? I just want the system SF4 had. Im sure I could search via connection quality there.
I agree with you about the flags though. Being able to search via that, would be a huge benefit for me.

No, you could not search for ranked matches by connection quality in SFIV. You could filter by region ("same" or "any"), but that is limited to whatever country the game decides you live in, so anyone outside of the US and Japan probably left it on "any".

You could possibly specify a connection quality when using fight request, but that's the no different than SFV.

MrCarter

Ucchedavāda;244330998 said:
Best alternative color for Chun-Li's default costume, and it is only available if you got the PS4 "Volcano" edition of SFV, which was only available in Japan.

That reminds me of the best Chun colour from 3rd Strike. It's second from the 3rd row.

char_chunli_colors.png

6T5WNPq.jpg

Evil Ryu and Seth at least came with huge setbacks in being glass cannons

yun.. well at least he stayed true to his 3s self of being OD

SFV characters are full blown cannons with no setbacks lol
but everyone is like that though? I get defense needs to be buffed, but GTFO here with this SF4 is better nonsense, it just wasn't. You have to deal with too many systems in that game (on top of execution) instead of just playing the player.

Yes, Urien has derp, Laura is derp, Balrog's comebacks are cray etc...but when you develop enough of a defense to stop the autopilot tactics SFV more easily becomes a game about reads and outwitting your opponent, spacing and whiff punishing. Isn't that what a good fighting game is supposed to be?

I honestly think some of y'all don't really play anymore just complain about bad experiences over and over.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Chun without stockings? Never knew that existed. Nice

You're right, I brain farted. Connection quality does show up (sometimes, eventually) on the BL list page. They should let you search by that, but I'm assuming they don't because it must be an intensive process to ping everyone even though other games do it fine.

ElFly

but everyone is like that though? I get defense needs to be buffed, but GTFO here with this SF4 is better nonsense, it just wasn't. You have to deal with too many systems in that game (on top of execution) instead of just playing the player.

Yes, Urien has derp, Laura is derp, Balrog's comebacks are cray etc...but when you develop enough of a defense to stop the autopilot tactics SFV more easily becomes a game about reads and outwitting your opponent, spacing and whiff punishing. Isn't that what a good fighting game is supposed to be?

no

it's about stupid long combos you practice for hours alone

street fighter is a single player game

no

it's about stupid long combos you practice for hours alone

street fighter is a single player game
lol I don't miss that crap at all. And there's a few characters like Chun that can do crazy long combos.

Opinions and such so whatever. But SFV is a superior game in almost every way, much better off nearing the 2 year mark than SF4 was, and I think with a defense buff and a little more tweaking to each character options (second CA that covers a weakness for example,) the game will match SF3 in quality.

I've been saying for a while that I want Capcom to go all out and release genderbent costumes for every single character, with a new voice and name and everything. Like Ryu to Ryuko, Kenneth to Kendra, Guile to Jillian, Chun to Chang, etc.

Cammy and Bipson should just be swapped. Cammy in her Dictator alt from SFIV and Bipson in the leotard.

Yes GOOD fighting games like Tekken 7 where a poorly spaced jab would lead to a launcher.

One of the many problems with SFV is the hit/hurtbox. Jab AA, jumps ins etc

giphy.gif

Moves like these on Birdie and other character do not have hurtboxes play all the way through the recovery and start up like in SF4.

Imagine if Zangief Cr.Jab having a hurtbox that plays all the way through the move, he wouldn't be abusing this shit and some how trade with fireballs.

Ucchedavāda;244337901 said:
No, you could not search for ranked matches by connection quality in SFIV. You could filter by region ("same" or "any"), but that is limited to whatever country the game decides you live in, so anyone outside of the US and Japan probably left it on "any".

You could possibly specify a connection quality when using fight request, but that's the no different than SFV.

Im only talking about SF4 Battle Lounges/lobbies. I barely played ranked in SF4 and cant remember any of those settings.

You're right, I brain farted. Connection quality does show up (sometimes, eventually) on the BL list page. They should let you search by that, but I'm assuming they don't because it must be an intensive process to ping everyone even though other games do it fine.

All we can do is hope it gets better. The current search options are probably ok for larger player bases like in Europe, the US and Japan, but its a headache for those of us in smaller countries.

Bob White

I honestly think some of y'all don't really play anymore just complain about bad experiences over and over.

You might not have to deal with a lot of systems in V but the 3 dominate systems (fast dashes, CC buttons, and V trigger comebacks) means you're playing around getting absolutely FUCKED by one of those in a blink of an eye instead of playing the player.

Shit, most of the time someone is in v trigger it feels like I'm playing against a fucking mega man boss instead of a human being. Dumb shit like birdie in v trigger or Bison. That's playing the player? I fucking hate sitting a full screen away trying to bait out bull head or slide BLOCKED into v trigger. Shit is on some next level stupid and I absolutely don't feel like I'm playing the player.

And the knowledge of defense/spacing needed in SFV to negate derp of a character and to play the person controlling them is a very high level IMO. So I don't think it "easily" becomes a game about reads or whiff punishing. Not at all.

joe2187

Banned
Ucchedavāda;244322637 said:
Do you really want a bishoujo Abigail or Zangief statue, when the defining characteristic of the bishoujo line is that everyone has the same generic pretty-girl anime face?

they are making male figures too now, but with nightwing and stuff
but yeah its a handsome dude like so geif and abigail ain't getting in

You might get ed though, ed's handsome

They do make male figures....they just happen to be women though

This is confusing! You want to be able to whiff punish a jab with a st.HK?! Also, most normals with 10 frames or more start up are very whiff punishable in SFV too, not sure where are you going with the Tekken comparison!

Karin actually misses Birdies arm. If it was the other way around he would use the same exactly video and complain about the hitboxes not matching up.

Skilletor

This is confusing! You want to be able to whiff punish a jab with a st.HK?! Also, most normals with 10 frames or more start up are very whiff punishable in SFV too, not sure where are you going with the Tekken comparison!

s.Hk isn't good enough. Not only do I want it to be an amazing, safe poke that leads to super damaging combos on CH, now I want to be able to punish whiffed jabs with it.

That's what the game needs.

Karin st.HK has 10 frames of startup + 2 active frames with Birdie having 10 frames of recovery on cr.LP.
If done sooner it would have hit, but Birdie was already recovered before the st.HK was even active.

I want to punish whiff normals without solely on reading and not be 2 frames late because a hurtbox doesn't play all the way through.

So yes.

I bring up Tekken because spacing is very important and whiffing a small button is enough to lose a match.

Karin st.HK has 10 frames of startup + 2 active frames with Birdie having 10 frames of recovery on cr.LP.
If done sooner it would have hit, but Birdie was already recovered before the st.HK was even active.

Birdie was still in recovery, look at the number in the center left.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Im only talking about SF4 Battle Lounges/lobbies. I barely played ranked in SF4 and cant remember any of those settings.

All we can do is hope it gets better. The current search options are probably ok for larger player bases like in Europe, the US and Japan, but its a headache for those of us in smaller countries.

That was my point, though. I'm in North America and the entire list of lounges has maybe a couple of local flags and the odds of those being a 2 person lobby with a spot available ranked Gold - Super Gold are vanishingly small. I could always set up a lobby myself, but I'm not playing SF to fucking sit around waiting (cue lols from people who have had matchmaking problems since launch).

ElFly

Had an encounter with a FANG who kept spamming Back+HP and nothing else.

Was that a bot? o_O

the bot is farming XP

we say bot but it is probably a turbo controller taped over

I want to punish whiff normals without solely on reading and not be 2 frames late because a hurtbox doesn't play all the way through.

So yes.

I bring up Tekken because spacing is very important and whiffing a small button is enough to lose a match.

Birdie in particular is gross by how far apart his hitbox are from the model

crouched Birdie should have a bigger hitbox, or Birdie should crouch more

You might not have to deal with a lot of systems in V but the 3 dominate systems (fast dashes, CC buttons, and V trigger comebacks) means you're playing around getting absolutely FUCKED by one of those in a blink of an eye instead of playing the player.

Shit, most of the time someone is in v trigger it feels like I'm playing against a fucking mega man boss instead of a human being. Dumb shit like birdie in v trigger or Bison. That's playing the player? I fucking hate sitting a full screen away trying to bait out bull head or slide BLOCKED into v trigger. Shit is on some next level stupid and I absolutely don't feel like I'm playing the player.

And the knowledge of defense/spacing needed in SFV to negate derp of a character and to play the person controlling them is a very high level IMO. So I don't think it "easily" becomes a game about reads or whiff punishing. Not at all.
i agree for the most part, but you are talking about a specific character. There's very different match ups here. My favorites as a Ken player, all these I generally feel like I'm playing the player. Yep even Urien, so many scramble to pop their trigger they end up making stupid mistakes.

Vs. Ryu
Vs. Gief
Vs. Chun
Vs. Gule
Vs. Kolin
Vs. Urien

Least favorite in no particular order

Vs. Laura
Vs. Karin
Vs. Birdie
Vs. Cammy
Vs. Sim (tho this is due to online tbh
Vs. Rog (Same as Sim, match is harder online)

Everyone else is vanilla, to me. Even Necali, just needs a tone down on that stupid dash and shouldn't have an endless trigger. But I really feel a few tweaks and a lot of the steamroll stuff goes away. Like it's very easy to make Laura trash, same as Rog, guess that's why they get slight tweaks instead of drastic changes. I know it first hand too. Give my Ken a 3 frame jab, and I think he goes straight to top tier, no b/s. balancing a 2D fighter is tough.

Marvel

could never
Loving experimenting with this V-Trigger, trying out stuffing a quick rise.

5wvc3zch

I'm probably lttp with EX V-Trigger Inferno, but I didn't know you could do that lol. I really enjoy learning.

So yes.

The active frames on the st.HK happened at about ~3-4 frames in Birdie's recovery. It seems that the hurtbox for the cr.LP stops existing at ~8-10.
Karin's hurtbox for st.HK disappears just as fast and her hurtbox retracts far enough back to not be punished by birdies jab (even though it wouldn't hit do to its range)
To me it just seems the timing was off for the st.HK to hit the recovering cr.LP.

But it seems to me what you are asking for is the hurtbox to be constant on the cr.LP/st.HK/whatever until its recovery has reached 0?

Also Zangief's cr.LP has 6 frames of recovery, you wouldnt be able to punish that with st.HK even the hurtbox was constant throughout the move.

Top Bottom