• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
c'mon man, whats the one RPG she talks about more than Suikoden 2
I don't talk about Ni no Kuni that often...

It's a poorly-structured game. It's a pretty screenshot.

Btw, do you have to have 10 games for GOTY? Or if you just wanna talk about 1 can you do that?
I think you can, going by the votes in the GotY threads I've posted in (ie: "up to 10 games"). Just as long as you follow the format.

AniHawk

back when i ran things, i did the 3 game minimum because i thought it was ridiculous that people would only have one game they considered was good for an entire year. it started because i was concerned about people only voting to get one game up over another (i kept the results public as i updated them).

i think that if you only vote one game, you should explain why nothing else deserved a mention as something you enjoyed in that year.

bah. BAH!

anyway, i still have a ton to go through myself. finished 3d world and gta v. going to finish tearaway and move onto a link between worlds after that. then who knows. still have wonderful 101, batman, assassin's creed, and metal gear rising.

gta v might not even wind up on my list, although i liked it a lot. it's a weird game.

TheOGB

Banned
I am gonna say this here, because I'm sick like that and I'm excited to go out later, but the VGX thread devolved into some race war over music or something and it was amazing
ly horrible, as you'd expect
(fake edit: and now thankfully closed)

But I've been getting back into Sonic Adventure 2 the past few days. Still don't like it, frustrates the hell out of me (and it could be because I'm rushing through levels to not play for longer than necessary), but something about it fascinates me. I am like a moth drawn towards a flame, I can't stop, won't stop. I've gotta get these emblems.

I think, at the very least, I'm starting to "get" this game now.

Razzer

back when i ran things, i did the 3 game minimum because i thought it was ridiculous that people would only have one game they considered was good for an entire year. it started because i was concerned about people only voting to get one game up over another (i kept the results public as i updated them).

i think that if you only vote one game, you should explain why nothing else deserved a mention as something you enjoyed in that year.

bah. BAH!

anyway, i still have a ton to go through myself. finished 3d world and gta v. going to finish tearaway and move onto a link between worlds after that. then who knows. still have wonderful 101, batman, assassin's creed, and metal gear rising.

gta v might not even wind up on my list, although i liked it a lot. it's a weird game.

It's actually because all the games bar one that I have played this year came out in other years, whether full retro or catching up on 2011-2012.

BlackJace

Ugh, the track selection from the Sonic series is lame again in Transformed. They're mostly from Heroes. And while the track was pretty, we've already seen Sky Sanctuary in 3D thanks to Generations.

The rest of the tracks are fucking awesome though. Studio Scramble is godlike.

TheOGB

Banned
I meant track as in the race tracks, but yeah this song is great lol.
Oh wow, don't know how I didn't notice that, lol.

Yeah, the Sonic tracks aren't what they could have been, but looking back now I think all the tracks are pretty great. Even Chilly Castle (the Billy Hatcher track)

Razzer

Oh wow, don't know how I didn't notice that, lol.

Yeah, the Sonic tracks aren't what they could have been, but looking back now I think all the tracks are pretty great. Even Chilly Castle (the Billy Hatcher track)

Chilly castle has 2 corners that I swear are somehow out of sync with every other corner in the game. The angle feels different somehow, I don't know how to describe it.

Regiruler

It's happening. Wall of Shame:

1MEuukc.png

Look who grabbed his Queen Cape again.

I was late so let's extrapolate about an additional 3 thousand on it.
I didn't even bother to check the number

BlackJace

Chilly castle has 2 corners that I swear are somehow out of sync with every other corner in the game. The angle feels different somehow, I don't know how to describe it.

Duuude I know exactly what you're talking about! There's this one weird ass turn right when you exit the ice water cave.

The ice water cave part is fuckig gorgeous though.

Razzer

Duuude I know exactly what you're talking about! There's this one weird ass turn right when you exit the ice water cave.

The ice water cave part is fuckig gorgeous though.

That's the one. There is also the start where you are winding through the city and getting it right is super hard.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Noi and I just finished Tearaway today.

I dunno if Noi will do a writeup. He probably might but he might be just as swamped with work as I am. I think it's a pretty good game. I was reading Leigh Alexander's take on it today and I'd kind of agree with her assessment of it.

Have Nocturnowl's writeup instead. Where the hell is that owl anyway?

Need to keep hacking away at 3D World and finish the final levels and stuff. I beat the main game already. Fantastic game, really. I should probably start TW101 soon since everyone voted for me to play it next when I'd asked. I was surprised I didn't get a lot of Uncharted 2 answers. I might play that simultaneously.

I'm just so disappointed that neither version of Lost World is going to cut it for my list this year. Not even my SotY list right now since that's being taken over by Sen no Kiseki, Revengeance, and some other neat stuff I listened to this year.

I still haven't finished the 3DS version of Lost World yet :D

Tizoc

Mornin' guys, how was VGX?

Btw, do you have to have 10 games for GOTY? Or if you just wanna talk about 1 can you do that?

Oh IS THAT thread made already? Mind linking to it? I searched but couldn't find it outside of the 2012 thread ^^;

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Not made yet. Way too early for GotY for me.

I tuned out like an hour in and went jogging and studied instead. *shrug*

Razzer

Mornin' guys, how was VGX?

Oh IS THAT thread made already? Mind linking to it? I searched but couldn't find it outside of the 2012 thread ^^;

Nah, was just asking in prep as I know it will be up at some point in the next few weeks.

Anth0ny

My favourite Sonic Christmas/holiday picture.

r0yra3H.png

This shit gets me every time.

As for GOTY, I've narrowed it down to 5 god tier games from this year:

-Link Between Worlds (best 3DS game ever)
-Super Mario 3D World (best Wii U game ever)
-Last of Us (best PS3 exclusive ever)
-GTA V (top 5 PS360 multiplat ever)
-Fire Emblem Awakening (top 3 3DS game)

and 5 more top tier games, all of which are probably superior to anything that dropped in 2012:

-Metal Gear Rising
-Pikmin 3
-Wonderful 101
-Bioshock Infinite
-Animal Crossing New Leaf

A fucking insane year for games. I'm having an incredibly hard time picking a #1 game.

Tizoc

Not made yet. Way too early for GotY for me.

I tuned out like an hour in and went jogging and studied instead. *shrug*

It started at like 3 AM here so I was a sleep, got woken up at 6 AM to go pick up my sister from the hospital, got back to bed by 7.

During then I just took a quick look on GAF and saw the disappointment. I mean really Reggie? I actually expected them to showcase Bayo 2, but I wouldn't be surprised if SEGA are working on getting it multi or at least on PC/steam.

It shouldn't be surprising since me and Anth0ny are like Yin and Yang, but I disagree with FE: Awakening being a top 3DS game. It's not bad, but I wouldn't put it in my Top 5 of anything.

Maybe Top 10. Maybe.

Tizoc

Off the top of my head, my GotY contenders include:
Mario and Luigi 4
Ace Attorney 5
Killer is Dead

I need to play MG Rising and Last of Us to see if they're worthy of being on the list.

Nert

I'm not even sure if I'll be voting for game of the year this time around. Off the top of my head, I've only played the following 2013 releases: Etrian Odyssey IV, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon X, BioShock Infinite and Rogue Legacy. I suppose that I'll be playing Gunpoint and Antichamber soon, too, but putting all of that together wouldn't even bring me close to 10 :p

More than anything, I wish that I could go back in time and vote for Super Hexagon. It's a magnificent game, and every aspect of it gels together perfectly. I picked it up for $0.59 during the most recent Steam sale, and I would have happily paid several times that now that I've spent some time with it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Having expectations beyond leaked information that made it incredibly clear what they were going to show is probably not the best thing. Some of those games some people are mentioning are either in concept stages, delayed, or haven't even gotten to the point where they can make a vertical slice yet. Best to temper expectations and be reasonable. Especially since it's just an awards show and the bigger surprise should be that Nintendo bothered to show up there at all since they barely seem to go to trade shows like TGS or stuff like this in the first place.

I think I'm more apathetic because I stopped caring 1/3 of the way through and watched Arnold Schwarzenegger films while doing work instead. That was 100x more fun than watching VGX.

Anyway.

Here's the list of everything that came out this year.

Uh, I've just narrowed down stuff I liked:

A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Guacamelee
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Ace Attorney 5
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
The Room
Ridiculous Fishing
Year Walk
Papers, Please
Cytus Lambda
Tearaway
Rayman Fiesta Run
ACNL
Minis on the Move
Starship Damrey

I dunno if I'll put New Leaf on the list proper, but it says something if I'm still playing it every day. Minis on the Move/Starship Damrey are def going on the honourable mentions part.

In the middle of Bravely Default and Sen no Kiseki, but they'll appear on the list in some capacity. I should finish Pokemon while I'm at it, I guess. I put it down for Lost World and I regret it a little.

Still gotta play Runner 2, Mighty Switch Force! 2, Element4l, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Gone Home (which I'm not even sure I can play since it's in first-person), Spelunky, Miku, AC4, TW101, Kentucky Route Zero, Tomb Raider, and Gunpoint. I feel like not playing TLOU might not be a good idea, but I just want to get it for cheap before I play it. I gotta think more on Tearaway with respect to putting it on the list proper or making it an honourable mention. (I usually finish the bulk of my games for GotY during my Christmas break and up to the deadline so it's not much trouble to get through everything.)

I played more older games this year than anything else, though. Like, the first half of this year was basically dedicated to playing old games or old games I'd never played before. This was also the first year I've owned a tablet and can play mobile games, and... well, there are a lot of gems on that platform. I'm fairly happy with it so far. I don't particularly think that it's a platform to stomp all over on. Some games with IAPs, yes. The platform itself, no.

Also we had that old joke where I spent more time playing games I didn't like than games I liked (Ni no Kuni, Time and Eternity, Final Fantasy ATB, etc), sooooooooooo...

Better year than last year, but that isn't a high bar at all.

LTTP 2012 will either be Sora no Kiseki: The 3rd Zero no Kiseki Evolution, Time Travelers or Asura's Wrath. That's the real hard decision for me.

More than anything, I wish that I could go back in time and vote for Super Hexagon. It's a magnificent game, and every aspect of it gels together perfectly. I picked it up for $0.59 during the most recent Steam sale, and I would have happily paid several times that now that I've spent some time with it.
I'll respond to your PM later btw, but oh wow, I agree with this.

Super Hexagon is totally amazing. One of the best games of 2012, and I regrettably missed it. Everyone said so many good things about it and I was interested. I didn't have a device to play it on until now, but now that I do, I'm happy I at least played it.

AniHawk

i wish time travelers would come over. i've heard mixed things, but the people who like it really like it and the people who don't are merely apathetic towards it. it's probably never happening but maybe if i keep saying it'll come over i can make it happen.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I wrote a few things about that game and collected it here, but I thought it was pretty good for what L-5 wanted to do with it, especially since it came out on three different platforms. Jiro Ishii had a hand in it, and he was involved with 428, which is a great game in its own right.

I'm not entirely sure that people will dig it because you do spend a lot of time passively watching cutscenes and then making timed decisions for a story branch. You don't solve puzzles or anything. You collect vocabulary elements, do certain things to unlock trophies, etc. It's truly a cinematic VN at its core. Voice cast is great, music is fantastic, and the game looks good. Some of the jokes and references are pretty rooted in Japanese (aside from the sentai stuff and the Back to the Future references, etc), but if something like Danganronpa can come over with some of its references changed, I guess the same can be done here. With that said, the game bombed hard in Japan, so... >.>

I'm more surprised that Tokushu Houdoubu didn't come out here, so I guess I might import that when it's cheaper.

I doubt I'll do a formal Game of the Year post but for posterity:

Games I Really Liked This Year
Earthbound (Wii U VC was first PAL release so...)
Fire Emblem Awakening
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Luigi's Mansion 2
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
Pikmin 3
Pokemon X
The Wonderful 101

Games I Thought Were Pretty Good This Year
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (probably deserves to be up a tier but I think I burnt out on it pretty quickly)
Bit.Trip Presents Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
DmC: Devil May Cry
HarmoKnight
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Kamen Rider: Battride War
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros.
New Super Luigi U
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (came out here in January (well, technically in the UK in January from where I imported; was held up here over Nintendo's sheepishness towards publishing an R18 game)
Rayman Legends
Steamworld Dig
Super Mario World 3D
Tomb Raider

Games That Were Okay This Year
Anarchy Reigns
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate
Doctor Who Legacy (it's a match 3 game. Not a lot to it...)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
Shantae (same qualification as Earthbound)
Spliinter Cell: Blacklist

Games I Didn't Really Care For This Year
Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures
Puppeteer
Sonic Lost World

Games I Bought This Year That I Haven't Really Played Yet
The Last of Us
Macross 30: The Voice that Connects the Galaxy
Project X Zone
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers

AniHawk

I wrote a few things about that game and collected it here, but I thought it was pretty good for what L-5 wanted to do with it, especially since it came out on three different platforms. Jiro Ishii had a hand in it, and he was involved with 428, which is a great game in its own right.

I'm not entirely sure that people will dig it because you do spend a lot of time passively watching cutscenes and then making timed decisions for a story branch. You don't solve puzzles or anything. You collect vocabulary elements, do certain things to unlock trophies, etc. It's truly a cinematic VN at its core. Voice cast is great, music is fantastic, and the game looks good. Some of the jokes and references are pretty rooted in Japanese (aside from the sentai stuff and the Back to the Future references, etc), but if something like Danganronpa can come over with some of its references changed, I guess the same can be done here. With that said, the game bombed hard in Japan, so... >.>

I'm more surprised that Tokushu Houdoubu didn't come out here, so I guess I might import that when it's cheaper.

ah... the thing about no puzzles makes it a bit of a harder sell i'm afraid. there's probably a fear that everything would have to be dubbed and that would make it far costlier as well. i heard about the 428 connection, and that was a game someone i know really pushed to bring over, but i guess it was too japanese and vns were too unproven at the time.

i forgot about tokushu houdoubu existing. not sure why that didn't come over, but apparently part of it was due to work being set aside for dangan ronpa already (i don't know).

i'd like to see far east of eden make it. i've heard good things, and i guess it's pretty rooted in japanese culture too. although the way i've heard it is that it's a satire of how the west views japan. never played it or anything, but always wanted to.

Earthbound (Wii U VC was first PAL release so...)

oh man, that's right. that actually should count in timetokill's thread, i think (not sure how he handles regions).

I know that feeling, I'd go as far as saying Chilly Castle feels out of sync itself with the rest of the game.

Noi and I just finished Tearaway today.

I dunno if Noi will do a writeup. He probably might but he might be just as swamped with work as I am. I think it's a pretty good game. I was reading Leigh Alexander's take on it today and I'd kind of agree with her assessment of it.

Have Nocturnowl's writeup instead. Where the hell is that owl anyway?
Waiting to make a dynamic entrance, as you can see talking about the corners of a race track was all I needed and now we've gone one better, I've been summoned, sort of.
Actually I meant to post yesterday but couldn't think of anything worthwhile to bring up but GotY related stuff I can chip in on.

I have 10 in mind, actually I have more than 10 so the last few spots are still up in the air. What I don't have is a definitive number 1 which feels weird, my top 5 or so are pretty equal with each other so I don't really feel like there's one game that is championed as a true number 1 this year that I can throw all of my goodwill behind.

I've played enough games from last year this year to completely change what my list from last year would look like with at least 4 new additions , though that's not really surprising since I think a few of us here came to the conclusion that last year was pretty weak by comparison to the years around it, I think Hotline Miami would take away my LTTP 2002 award, I was right to at least give its soundtrack an honourable mention last year.

Shifting on further to soundtracks this year, they fall into a similar spot to the games, once again I have nothing I've really nailed down as a winner.

i forgot about tokushu houdoubu existing. not sure why that didn't come over, but apparently part of it was due to work being set aside for dangan ronpa already (i don't know).
Tokushu Houdoubu came out August 2012; The VITA version of Danganronpa was announced June this year and just released in October, so that probably wasn't it. IIRC they simply said they weren't convinced the VN market was big enough. Danganronpa's word if mouth plus it's (crappy) anime and manga adaptations, along with it being on VITA helped it get noticed.

Tizoc

I think I'm more apathetic because I stopped caring 1/3 of the way through and watched Arnold Schwarzenegger films while doing work instead. That was 100x more fun than watching VGX.
Well if course it would be fun, you were watching Arnie.

I'll mostly use my PSNProfiles link to see what games I played on my PS3 this year since it was my main system to play on.
Note to self: finish up Castle of Illusion HD and DuckTales.

Uh, I've just narrowed down stuff I liked:

A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Guacamelee
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Ace Attorney 5
The Room
Ridiculous Fishing
Year Walk
Papers, Please
Cytus Lambda
Tearaway
Rayman Fiesta Run
ACNL
Minis on the Move
Starship Damrey
I wanna play Damrey but need it to go on sale first =_= Silly Nintendo and their monopolistic store system...

Still gotta play Runner 2, Mighty Switch Force! 2, Element4l, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Gone Home (which I'm not even sure I can play since it's in first-person), Spelunky, Miku, AC4, TW101, Kentucky Route Zero, Tomb Raider, and Gunpoint. I feel like not playing TLOU might not be a good idea, but I just want to get it for cheap before I play it. I gotta think more on Tearaway with respect to putting it on the list proper or making it an honourable mention. (I usually finish the bulk of my games for GotY during my Christmas break and up to the deadline so it's not much trouble to get through everything.)
Runner2 is gonna be on my list, I played it and beat it and putting aside the Trophies it was a fun platformer/runner game.

LTTP 2012 will either be Sora no Kiseki: The 3rd Zero no Kiseki Evolution, Time Travelers or Asura's Wrath. That's the real hard decision for me.
Hold on is Time Travelers that game with art by Gurihiru?
My LTTP 2012 is prob. gonna be VLR, but I'm playing Binary Domain and Darksiders 2 as well atm, so I'll see if they can qualify.

I need to try this Super Hexagon already...

Sciz

A fucking insane year for games. I'm having an incredibly hard time picking a #1 game.

It's been like this every third year since 1998.

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #74
Vocal Track!

Song: It Doesn't Matter
Game: Sonic Adventure
Composer: Jun Senoue
Lyrics: Jun Senoue and Takahiro Fukada

Vocals: Tony Harnell
Guitars: Jun Senoue
Bass: Naoto Shibata
Drums: Hiro Homma

Enjoy the jam today, 'cause I got nothin'. Tony Harnell's damn good, though.

Razzer

Vocal Track!

You chose the better version, good job. One of the better cheesy themes in the series.

BlackJace

Vocal Track!

I have no idea why, but I have fond memories of this track. I loved the little cutscene at the end of Sonics story when it played. It felt really empowering, and it gave adolescent me chills.

NEVA GIVE UP THE FIYIGHT!

BHZ Mayor

Sonic Adventure could've been a better game had it not been dragged down by stuff like Big's and Amy's gameplay. I actually liked Sonic's section and the attempt to translate that classic platforming gameplay into 3D.

On the subject of platforming, I've decided to finally right this wrong I made long ago, of not playing a game because it got 8/10 review scores, and picked up Psychonauts off of PS2 classics. I've only beaten the first level, but there's this kind of whack-a-mole-ish minigame in the second part of it that's seemingly impossible to beat the second time because near the end, the targets retract almost as soon as they pop up. I'm also missing a figment (the basic collectible of the levels) and I'm wondering if it's tied to this minigame. I also remember hearing about this one super frustrating part near the end (something about a milk truck or something) and I'm wondering is it worth it to try to 100% the game or should I just play through it casually?

Refyref

Sonic Adventure could've been a better game had it not been dragged down by stuff like Big's and Amy's gameplay. I actually liked Sonic's section and the attempt to translate that classic platforming gameplay into 3D.

On the subject of platforming, I've decided to finally right this wrong I made long ago, of not playing a game because it got 8/10 review scores, and picked up Psychonauts off of PS2 classics. I've only beaten the first level, but there's this kind of whack-a-mole-ish minigame in the second part of it that's seemingly impossible to beat the second time because near the end, the targets retract almost as soon as they pop up. I'm also missing a figment (the basic collectible of the levels) and I'm wondering if it's tied to this minigame. I also remember hearing about this one super frustrating part near the end (something about a milk truck or something) and I'm wondering is it worth it to try to 100% the game or should I just play through it casually?

The hub world and levels such as the casino could have been cut as well.

As for Psychonauts, I'd always recommend playing through it casually and only attempting to 100% after you beat it. (If you decide you liked it enough for that)

They could keep the Casino in SA1, just shove Sonic in the trash area from the word go breaking into the vault from there with none of that ring farming business, leave the actual Casino interior for Knuckles.

The way they handled the Casino stage was a really peculiar choice, not just in the game in general but it turning up that early in the game, it was like the third Sonic Stage and suddenly you're forced into playing pinball. The stage itself works as a decent summary of SA on the whole really.

Razzer

What SA1 could really do with is a new engine. The collision detection and physics, combined with lots of glitches, ,make the game feel very janky to play. Get even close to a wall and Sonic stops dead. A few tweaks to the levels so they feature more platforming would also be nice. When I'm just running Sonic around wide areas in SA1 it feels great to control but get near anything and the whole thing becomes an haphazard mess.

TheOGB

Banned
That's the one. There is also the start where you are winding through the city and getting it right is super hard.
I can consistently nail both of these now (the curve at the end took more doing than the beginning, but I got it) so this stage is really fucking satisfying to run through.

Vocal Track!

Best version right here. Intro is legit cool, and it is a great feeling hearing this at the end of Sonic's story.

They could keep the Casino in SA1, just shove Sonic in the trash area from the word go breaking into the vault from there with none of that ring farming business, leave the actual Casino interior for Knuckles.
Yes, this exactly.

I've got a pretty strong top 10 this year, I think, with a definitive #1. I don't think I felt this strongly about a year of games since 2010. I noticed the difference in '10/'13 and '11/'12 is Nintendo actually showing up on consoles this year. 2010 had SMG2, DKCR, S&P2, Red Steel 2, and Sonic Colors, '13 has Pikmin, W101, WWHD and SM3DW, and while not all these games made my final list, I quite enjoyed them and they feel like something I can be passionate about.

oh and I also wrote a thing about dat new 3DS Zelda. SPOILERS there will be probably be an abridged version of this as one of my GotY write-ups so if you don't wanna open your gifts early, buyer beware.

also, Sonic

qq more

I think the hub world should stay honestly. It was one of my favorite things about SA1. Maybe add more stuff like side quests and secret levels?

I think the only thing I would really remove is Big's gameplay, either that or just improve it. Have nothing against Big himself, but his gameplay is not really fun lol

Love the game otherwise though

I think the only thing I would really remove is Big's gameplay, either that or just improve it. Have nothing against Big himself, but his gameplay is not really fun lol

but what if they made big fun to play

what if he actually fights fish

and eats them

raw

EDIT: Also, good review on ALBW, JC. I totally agree with it. I did like that, despite that the similarities in the overworld to ALttP, the differences stood out quite significantly. Now, just imagine if they make another game like it, but with an all-new world to explore.

i literally ggggggggggggg at the thought

Refyref

The problem with SA1's hub world that is was clunky and hindered you from advancing to the next level right after you beat the previous one.
Ideally, hub worlds in platformers would work like SMG2's. You access all the levels from a world map located at the center, but you can just participate in the hub's activities if you want to take a break or something.

BlackJace

The hub world was so EMPTY. I wish I could have spent time dusting through Mystic Ruins before I entered a stage, but you could explore most of the available area in 5 minutes. Station Square was like 2 streets. The Egg Carrier was actually pretty damn big, with lots of little nooks and crannys.
Very little secrets littered throughout them, too.

They had a good idea with the whole hub = adventure thing, but it just wasn't realized. It SHOULDNT have felt like removing the hub in SA2 streamlined the process, but it did. It really did because of how poorly implemented it was in SA1.

BHZ Mayor

The hub world and levels such as the casino could have been cut as well.

As for Psychonauts, I'd always recommend playing through it casually and only attempting to 100% after you beat it. (If you decide you liked it enough for that)

Yeah I think you're right. I've only just beaten Sasha's mind and I'm already getting frustrated.

Why am I not told how to do any of the basic maneuvers?
Why is nothing marked on the map?
Why is the place I need to go to unlock a required move only accessible by what seems to be optional warps?
Why am I not informed of or hinted to that in any fashion?
Why am I constantly being interrupted by unnecessary cutscenes?
Why do all of the collectibles run away from me?

Top Bottom