• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

kermit.gif: Dragon Quest Press Event in Japan [DQIX = 28/3, 5980yen, DQX = Wii]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zihark

DQ 9 multiconsole on all platforms, handhelds, pc, and of course splorgenborg(i butchered the name-right?). all bases covered.

Crisis

Banned
Totobeni said:
what I want from this event

Dragon Quest X for Wii
Dragon Quest Monsters for DS
Dragon Quest Torneko no Daiboken for Wii
Dragon Quest Slime Party for Wii and DS
Dragon Quest Dissidia for DS

or Epic fail

What if they announced any of those for the PSP? Or the PS3/360? Would that still be an epic fail?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
My prediction is release date for 9 and footage of 6r that will look radically different from 4 and 5. :D

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
SNSD-avatar2.gif
oh_hell_yes.gif
SNSD-avatar4.gif

oh_hell_yes.gif
SNSD-avatar.gif
oh_hell_yes.gif

SNSD-avatar4.gif
oh_hell_yes.gif
SNSD-avatar2.gif

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'll keep my expectations low.

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker sequel (DS)
Rocket Slime sequel (DS)

I'd really like there to be some sort of Dragon Quest console game announcement.

Zihark

Y2Kev said:
My prediction is release date for 9 and footage of 6r that will look radically different from 4 and 5. :D
doesn't 9 already have a date? but yeah i'm sure 6 will be shown and dated.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Grizzlyjin said:
I'll keep my expectations low.

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker sequel (DS)
Rocket Slime sequel (DS)

I'd really like there to be some sort of Dragon Quest console game announcement.
I doubt TOSE is making both. Here's hoping for a Rocket Slime sequel but if they're making one it'll probably be Joker 2 after sales of the first.

Kaako said:
*Prays* for Dragon Quest HD for PS3/360. Please throw us HD console owners a bone as well.
The Japanese have to start caring about HD consoles first.

duckroll

Jonnyram said:
I don't expect anything earth-shattering. Maybe total details on DQIX (voice acting? lol), and potentially DQVI DS and/or Slime Mori Mori 3 and/or new DQM game.

stealth edit: DQ Online using TFLO engine, developed by Level-5 for the meltdown.

Look at the schedule though. It's not a general DQ event, it's an announcement of a new title with introduction + trailer, and staff comments.

duckroll said:
Look at the schedule though. It's not a general DQ event, it's an announcement of a new title with introduction + trailer, and staff comments.

And it doesn't look like "spin-off DQ" team staff, either.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
2008/12/10 13:20
Will be the 14th game from the opening introduction Organizers and production staff to Play Closing Remarks photo session sponsored by Representative Remarks

14:30, and the "exhibition room open," People say.

The start time of 14:00 to please be patient.

2008/12/10 13:25 2008/12/10 13:25
Press another, and each gathering. "Dragon Quest", but said, "What's announcement of Dragon Quest is an" in the title is not a "covered" a kind of a surprise, or "... What?" As And tears in its eyes, or even certain non-皆目guess. Everybody is kind of strange tension.

2008/12/10 13:32 2008/12/10 13:32
Has been a little buzz. Press, a non-official "distribution of seats" that had been prepared. Something strange trend is much more easy listening tunes.

Jonnyram

duckroll said:
Oh wait, it's 10 Dec, the 3rd anniversary of 360's release in Japan :O
Also it doesn't say "new" title anywhere in the schedule :p

DogWelder

PantherLotus said:
Will be the 14th game from the opening introduction Organizers and production staff to Play Closing Remarks photo session sponsored by Representative Remarks

Press another, and each gathering. "Dragon Quest", but said, "What's announcement of Dragon Quest is an" in the title is not a "covered" a kind of a surprise, or "... What?" As And tears in its eyes, or even certain non-皆目guess. Everybody is kind of strange tension.

Has been a little buzz. Press, a non-official "distribution of seats" that had been prepared. Something strange trend is much more easy listening tunes.
:lol I don't think this helps.

PantherLotus said:

wat

Kinv

Banned
360 Anniversary + Square's several announcements about how they think 360 will do fine in Japan not to long ago=360 game!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Wii Will Rock U said:
That is what I WANT to happen but I know that Square-Enix doesn't love us that much.
BELIEVE!
to be disappointed?
*sigh*
I don't care if the Japanese market is not "ready" for HD yet. I am damnit, and I know 10 shit-loads of people who are as well. Give us the damn console HD version please. :D

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Jonnyram said:
Oh wait, it's 10 Dec, the 3rd anniversary of 360's release in Japan :O

Wasn't the DQIX DS unveil on the 1 year anniversary of the 360? That didn't exactly work out last time around...

theultimo

Come on real DQIX with standard DQ VIII style fighting system (a big no probably)

Otherwise, DQX exclusive to iphone? No idea.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
2008/12/10 13:54
The announcements came soon begin.

2008/12/10 13:56
After all, the official photographer shooting SUKUENI splashing in the shooting.

2008/12/10 13:57 2008/12/10 13:57
MARIMASHITA most seats.

PantherLotus said:
Oh Japan, so chintzy. This makes me think that a Japanese blog could very easily fake a press event. Get some chairs, some signs they made in Word, rent a shitty hotel room, and post 640x480 pictures to the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom