• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably heading to Melbourne or Sydney for another gig in September. Not sure if I could do it again a few weeks later.

Who are you flying for?

Living in Brisbane we miss out a lot of the time, but it must be bloody painful living in Adelaide or Perth. At least Steven Wilson is throwing NZ a bone.

Shaneus

Where in Melbourne is good to live?
Bartronica is pretty good. Pixel Alley is orright as well.

In all seriousness, don't discount Geelong at all. An hour's drive/train to Melbourne and it's cheap as hell to live there. Plus, I know a guy who'd be more than happy to have you over for some pinball sessions.

Quasar

Well. ANZ caved and is now supporting Applepay. Now I'm wondering what happed to the previously announced AndroidPay in Australia announcement. Waiting for Google I/O?

Of course being a NAB customer this matters little

I think it's more the unavailability.
Lack of ice rinks is what's limiting the sport right now.

Probably the second best rink in the country will be shutting down sometime this year as well (Sydney Ice Arena at Baulkam Hills). It's owned by Hillsong, and they're knocking it down to build apartments (despite the fact that they receive government funding to support community sporting facilities).

I can't speak to the situation in other states, but despite NSW having the most ice rinks we're literally already at player capacity and can't fit any more teams. My club had 43 people turn up to tryouts for 2 places, meaning that 41 people simply couldn't play on a team. Games are played late on Sunday nights (as late as 10:30 PM starts) because it's the only time that ice is available.

Would Australia produce world class swimmers if there were only ten swimming pools in the whole country? If there were more rinks, you'd have a bigger player base, and the quality of our top tier competition would be better. It's great that Foxtel is showing our local league now though (AIHL), and hopefully Nathan Walker can crack the NHL in the next few years. The more exposure the sport gets, the more likely it is that new rinks will get built.

Lack of ice rinks is what's limiting the sport right now.

Considering how baseball and basketball has grown here I'm not surprised ice hockey would be on the up too. Loved seeing the Rangers at Madison Square Garden all those years ago. Got free tickets and a puck because our neighbour's dad in Scardsale NY was one of the team doctors back in late 80s. I wonder if my parents have that puck still...I sure as shit don't.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Had another look! They say "offer" not sale.

But I have no idea what the offer is for. It's not listed anywhere on the homescreen. I must meet some criteria

HolyCheck

Totally don't remember having them on the wii. But I that's the case, cool.

Also, jintor: have you read the my hero academia manga?? Saw you in the thread but that place is a mine field of spoilers

HolyCheck

The My Hero Academia anime makes me wanna read the manga. The anime just ISN'T FAST ENOUGH

Although also. Could totally end the anime after episode 4 and I'd be happy.

Wish I didn't find out about it until later though. Week by week is ugh.

Does the manga deviate much jint? I;d like a ne manga, but I want one that's fairly similar to the show but a bit different here and there.

MTE

You mean the black panther prologue?

How was BP? If he's not portrayed well i'm not even going to bother with the film

To be honest, Spidey was good - but he's... y'know, Spidey. We've seen Spidey before.

BP was awesome and a breath of fresh air.

Oh man, trying so hard not to click on Uncharted 4 threads in fear of spoilers but can't resist. What are chances of street date being broken here?

Hey who here works at JB? Online pre-order for Uncharted 4 ignored my giftcards and charged my Paypal the full amount, help a brother out!

Asked buddy, as far as he knows you're shit out of luck mate (at the retail store level). Did you try their head office?

The answer to that is the title of a 1987 movie starring Robert Downey Jr, based upon a Brett Easton Ellis book of the same name.

I know what I'm watching next time I don't know what to watch. Solid movie. The poor guy it was probably method acting in that flick ;)

jambo

Oh man, trying so hard not to click on Uncharted 4 threads in fear of spoilers but can't resist. What are chances of street date being broken here?

Well the copies in Europe were stolen in a violent crime, so I have a feeling JB won't be selling it early.

"I wonder how much the Mankind Divided Steelbook will be, I love Deus Ex."

dTOP1zI.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom