• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew Garfield is "The Amazing Spider-Man" (official title)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

brandonh83 said:
As if I couldn't want to see 500 Days any less.

It's nothing like Garden State. It's good.

purple cobra said:
Lol as in that scene doesn't hold up nowadays? Or no way the train scene holds a candle to the Superman scene? It's been a long time since I saw Superman 2 but I remember the showdown between Superman and Zod, Non and Ursa being pretty epic. :)

I just saw Supermman II for the first time about a month ago, and it was anything but epic.

purple cobra said:
Lol as in that scene doesn't hold up nowadays? Or no way the train scene holds a candle to the Superman scene? It's been a long time since I saw Superman 2 but I remember the showdown between Superman and Zod, Non and Ursa being pretty epic. :)

It was actually pretty silly looking back at it now. I mean Supes threw a cellophane S Shield at them. The very definition of lolwut.

Acid08

Banned
Discotheque said:
500 Days of Summer was pretty lame, reminded me a lot of Garden State (lol). But the true redeeming factor of this film will be Garfield's Peter Parker.

He's got this role on a lock easily.
lol no way, 500 Days is WAY better than Garden State.

Nizz

Blader5489 said:
It's nothing like Garden State. It's good.

I just saw Supermman II for the first time about a month ago, and it was anything but epic.

krypt0nian said:
It was actually pretty silly looking back at it now. I mean Supes threw a cellophane S Shield at them. The very definition of lolwut.
The particular scene I'm writing about was their fight scene in Metropolis the city itself. I don't think I made it clear. :(

Again though, it's been a long time since I've watched the movie, maybe some time in the 90's was the last time I watched it. I guess the movie hasn't aged well.

It's got the same genre-feel to it. Oh God I don't want to say it ...I don't wanna say it....

self-aware hipster shit. Garden State kind of opened the gate for all this stuff to come in. Superman 2 had some cool scenes. But they definitely didn't age well. Which is as expected considering what they were trying to do back then.

I still enjoy the first film quite a bit though. And dat soundtrack. (superman)

Jarmel

Banned
B.K. said:
Wzdcc.jpg

JdtU5.jpg

kw6P1.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=77174

Wow DAT ballsack.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Now that I think of it, those Peter Parker images remind me a bit of Chuck Bartowski. Same kind of nerdiness.

Dead

well not really...yet
Solo said:
Since we're talking about it: the Spidey 2 train scene is unparelleled in any superhero movie yet.
Its about par with the scenes aboard the ferries in TDK I think!

Dead

well not really...yet
I look forward to Solo renouncing Spidey 2 next summer and joining the rest of the world in hailing dirty crotch Spidey

MisterHero

Solo said:
Since we're talking about it: the Spidey 2 train scene is unparelleled in any superhero movie yet.
Spidey is strong but I don't believe for a second that his leg wouldn't turn into paste when he tried to stop it the first time

the the final part is still awesome though

I like the train scene just for when all the New Yorkers are standing up for Spidey in front of Ock, and then Ock just pulls a 'THE FUCK WITH THIS' move and slams them out the way. Villainy, yo. That's how you do it.

SalsaShark said:
but Peter Parker hasnt been a ridiculous nerd for some time now
Cause Peter is an adult now and has gotten over being a shy bookish nerd. If this is going back to his younger days, they should try not making him look like a douche instead. I'd rather they go for his more confident look from when he was in College.

Angry Fork

vordhosbn said:
How's it more impressive than the plane scene from Superman Returns?
The only thing I can think of is the train sequence has you more involved as a viewer. Even though you don't necessarily care if the train falls you do care about spiderman winning because we love the character already.

In Returns however the plane sequence is in the beginning and we haven't really gotten to know Supes/Clark (we never did in the movie anyway), and we sure as hell don't like Lois/crew on the plane (worst Lois ever), so we don't really care if they die either. Basically the train sequence has more dread and the sense of impending danger where as the plane one it's just like oh, cool. Another possible reason is that Spiderman is facing a real human enemy instead of an object.

Even though the train sequence in Spiderman 2 is sooo damn good (especially the directors cut version) I like the plane sequence more just because I like Superman more than Spiderman, the plane sequence leaves me in awe everytime I see it. I just wish there was more of that in Returns instead of random dumb shit.

Also that dark crotch thing better be fixed, it definitely looks weird, but maybe it's one of those things that'll be edited out digitally later on and the only reason we're seeing it is because these are behind the scenes pics without CGI.
SonofdonCD said:
The only other scene that I would compare to it in a current superhero movie is the opening to X-Men 2. That was such a great use of Nightcrawler's powers.
This is my 3rd favorite after Superman plane and Spiderman train. That shit was so damn cool, one of the best openings.

G-Fex

Dead said:
Its about par with the scenes aboard the ferries in TDK I think!

It could've been better they should've added

"You mess with Batman, you mess with all of Gotham!"
"You want Batman you're going to have to go through all of us"

Solo said:
I totally agree. This scene is so good. I was in total awe that entire time. That was what I was waiting all my life to see: a perfectly executed Spidey action sequence. It's still my favorite scene (and Spidey 2 is still my favorite superhero movie).

The only other scene that I would compare to it in a current superhero movie is the opening to X-Men 2. That was such a great use of Nightcrawler's powers.

Salsa

Crewnh said:
Cause Peter is an adult now and has gotten over being a shy bookish nerd. If this is going back to his younger days, they should try not making him look like a douche instead. I'd rather they go for his more confident look from when he was in College.

Well, we pretty much agree so i dont get the point :p

Pretty sure he's gonna be smuggy Parker from College. Just with a modern look. Like i said before, the cliche nerd with pencils in a pocket and tape between his glasses is too loud and ridiculous nowadays, that shit dont fly no more. With the Raimi movies ? sure, they were aiming for that, lots of humor and campy scenes. This one seems somewhat darker and sober.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
DoctorWho said:
Suit would look perfect if they added the belt.

Actually, I realized that from going through some set images... the costume does actually have the belt:

466911-O2DCYO4.jpg

It's just that it doesn't continue around to the front of the costume, but it goes down the leg instead. Kind of weird design choice, but whatev... the thing I really don't get is the dirty crotch. Seriously, what's up with that?

466912-JPS1OC9.jpg

also, eyes look different in some shots.

466913-1RYV2S0.jpg

haters gonna h... oh whatever.

- J - D -

The fuck is up with his crotch? Are these new pics? The previous batches from a few months ago also had the same dark bush going on. I assume it's a stunt codpiece, but come on, they couldn't make it BLUE?

I remember set pics from the Raimi Spidey movies and he never had weird dark piss stains down there.

Dead

well not really...yet
lmao at that 2nd to last pic :lol

edit:

9GETi.jpg

lol!

lPz7v.jpg

Even the bus driver can't help but stare at dat crotch!

overcast

Holy shit the use of the word hipster in this thread is ridiculous. Must be a lot of trolls? I think my favorite action scene is the opening scene of X2.

Also I enjoy both Garden State and 500 Days of Summer. Though both are hipster. 500 days is better though.

Anyway the outfit looks great so far. The crotch shouldn't be a problem when the movie is finished.

Replicant

Maybe they would CG'd his crotch in post-production? It doesn't make sense to leave the crotch looking like that....that dirty.

G-Fex said:
It could've been better they should've added

"You mess with Batman, you mess with all of Gotham!"
"You want Batman you're going to have to go through all of us"

If they said that and then Joker blew up both ferries, or one of them presses the button (and it explodes their own ferry) that would have made TDK's final setpiece amazing.

Instead....we get a lecture on morality from Officer Mcgruff :(

Anyways I thought people were talking about the new yorkers part in the train scene. Because the fight on the train was excellent, after that it got a bit too corny though (but I guess it works in Spidey 2's favour, the whole thing had a cool campy vibe)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I still like this costume WAY more than the Tobey one, I still like the actor WAAAY more than Tobey, I like real-life skateboard Peter WAY more than fucking emo Tobey, this Spidey has the web-shooters and those stunt pictures somehow let expect some great, funny scenes.

If this ends up bad, I'll never watch a Spidey movie again.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Some more pics.... note: I'm just posting shit I see on SHH; not really the best website or anything for information, more like a fanboy breeding ground than anything. In fact, going there makes me a little depressed - anyways:

amazing-spider-man-3-435x580.jpg

amazing-spider-man6-435x580.jpg

Andrew-Garfield-Films-The-Amazing-Spider-Man-in-NY-2-435x580.jpg

amazing-spider-man-5-580x435.jpg

Andrew-Garfield-Films-The-Amazing-Spider-Man-in-NY-7-435x580.jpg

amazing-spider-man10-580x435.jpg

Actually, the outfit doesn't really look all that bad - but it is a little strange how skinny he looks in it

Interview with stunt coordinator:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/new..._Amazing_Spider-Man_with_High-Def_Digest/6845

Blader

Really like that they're using practical effects for this one. The CGI Spider-Man in Raimi's flicks always stick out like a sore thumb.

Dead

well not really...yet
Im loving all the physical stunt swingin im seeing as well, hopefully we won't get the rotten CG quality of the swinging from Raimi's movies in addition to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom