• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Dreavus

Have they said anything about removing the Nexus Conqueror bundle from the shop when they patch?

I kind of want to get a stim pack and might as well get a bunch of heroes for almost the same cost. But at the same time it'd be nice to see if I open any of them.

Alur

No discord for hots gaf?

There's a discord. If you quote the OP there's a list of everyone's b.net tags and the Discord is listed at the top of it.

People don't hang out in it like they do other discords, though I suppose that's a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy. No one stays in it, so no one hangs in it. You could be the pebble who starts the movement. For the most part us NA folks use the b.net voice chat now, and it probably won't be too far off that they add it in game to HOTS if I were a betting man.

Have they said anything about removing the Nexus Conqueror bundle from the shop when they patch?

I kind of want to get a stim pack and might as well get a bunch of heroes for almost the same cost. But at the same time it'd be nice to see if I open any of them.

It'll be gone so if you want it better grab it. Just have to decide if it's worth it monetarily for you, and if you'd like to have the extra shards should those heroes show up in your boxes.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just had a 28-minute all-Valeera brawl and I'm considering sending Blizzard an actual handwritten letter.

Alur

Just had a 28-minute all-Valeera brawl and I'm considering sending Blizzard an actual handwritten letter.

Sources have leaked that handwritten letter to Blizzard in GIF format:

ezY7bZb.gif

Alur

Farewell HOTS 1.0.

Thank you for saddling myself and Ketch with a d/c in two different games and some of the most incompetent teammates since whatever team Arthelon was on last (that's a joke, get it? Always blame your team). It was a great way for us to spend our final night with you.

1.0, you were good but not great. Some would say you were Born In Battle but you never could quite Penetrate the top two MOBAs stranglehold on the genre. It wasn't for lack of effort. You were a real games' game, the kind of game you take home to your mom. A lot of people were like, "I wish I could find a game like you", but then after a few days they logged back into League of Legends or Overwatch because you weren't a Mirror Image and you slowly got relegated to the friend zone.

Now that you're all grown up and are coming out of your Safety Bubble, maybe all of those people will finally see what they were missing. We all know you've been on the Gain Train and your feature list is increasing by the month. You've got a new coat of paint and you're looking for Fresh Meat. You aren't just the game next door, sometimes you're up for a little dirty cyber ninja'ing as well. There's nothing wrong with that.

Time will tell if this is the Ultimate Evolution or just another Evolutionary Link, but at least there won't be any 6.5/10 reviews.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
US/EU split is extra funny because we have the same "JOIN US ON THE 25TH FOR THE LAUNCH EVENT FAM LOL" banner on the main page of the game :3

scoobs

US/EU split is extra funny because we have the same "JOIN US ON THE 25TH FOR THE LAUNCH EVENT FAM LOL" banner on the main page of the game :3

Well technically you still get to watch the launch event today.

Is it possible we're getting Nefarian tomorrow as the new hero? I know everyone wants Deathwing, but Nef is just as big if not a bigger deal than Deathwing is in the WoW lore.

Or Nefarian AND Onyxia! Two separate heroes but you can only play them as a pair, like that new LoL champ

Altairre

Farewell HOTS 1.0.

Thank you for saddling myself and Ketch with a d/c in two different games and some of the most incompetent teammates since whatever team Arthelon was on last (that's a joke, get it? Always blame your team). It was a great way for us to spend our final night with you.

1.0, you were good but not great. Some would say you were Born In Battle but you never could quite Penetrate the top two MOBAs stranglehold on the genre. It wasn't for lack of effort. You were a real games' game, the kind of game you take home to your mom. A lot of people were like, "I wish I could find a game like you", but then after a few days they logged back into League of Legends or Overwatch because you weren't a Mirror Image and you slowly got relegated to the friend zone.

Now that you're all grown up and are coming out of your Safety Bubble, maybe all of those people will finally see what they were missing. We all know you've been on the Gain Train and your feature list is increasing by the month. You've got a new coat of paint and you're looking for Fresh Meat. You aren't just the game next door, sometimes you're up for a little dirty cyber ninja'ing as well. There's nothing wrong with that.

Time will tell if this is the Ultimate Evolution or just another Evolutionary Link, but at least there won't be any 6.5/10 reviews.

Someone shut this thread down yo. We done here.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How long until everyone realizes that they're still playing the same game where people snap pick Probius.
lolol

I mean, im excited because im coming back (even if all I do is lose gainlol) but its still the same game, most of the new stuff is UI and progression based. If you have been playing the game, its the same game with a new map and a new hero.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I mean, im excited because im coming back (even if all I do is lose gainlol) but its still the same game, most of the new stuff is UI and progression based. If you have been playing the game, its the same game with a new map and a new hero.

True, but the progression changes do sound excellent from what I’ve read. Their wasn’t much motivation to keep playing in 1.0 once you got to a certain point, you played just for the fun of it. At least now in 2.0 you will have greater chances and control over earning the rewards you want simply by playing the game.

I’m a much more casual player than most of you, as I just play now and then for the fun of it, but yeah 2.0 might just get me to play more often.

brian!

Prob not much
This is what happens when all your heroes news comes from reddit

Also, apparently mac runs an e build on genji? What the fuck?

Maledict

I saw a number of pros streaming who had settled on that build, so he's not alone there.

I was interested in the preview video that they highlighted his weird autoattacks - they basically act like another ability, with the way you can move once they start and how shurikens interferes with them.

brian!

I saw a number of pros streaming who had settled on that build, so he's not alone there.

I was interested in the preview video that they highlighted his weird autoattacks - they basically act like another ability, with the way you can move once they start and how shurikens interferes with them.

Ima try it then, the build ive been using is all over the place anyway

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Thought I'd just focus on working and get home to play but I've been here an hour and boss still isn't in to unlock the place lol.

Twookie

I mean, I expected it to be like that, but I had a faaaaaaaaint hope that it would launch simultaneously with the other regions.

sucks, but oh well

Ketch

Farewell HOTS 1.0.

1.0 dies as it lived.

kirblar

With the free character pack, I am going to give this game a try. What should I know before diving in?
Early on soaking an exp wave is worth more than a kill. Staying alive is better than being dead. Objectives are really really really good. Maps are very different in what they reward, so theres a lot of volatility in whos good outside of the top "meta" characters.

Flex Bundle gets you all the gimmick characters like Vikings and Abathur, while Assassin bundle is the best gold value.

Maledict

Haha, if that's the case then their marketing team must have been smashed out of their heads doing that teaser. I presume they've spent the last two days panicking about how the internet has gone crazy on rumours about death wing when in fact it's just a new skin we've already seen and played with.

Top Bottom