• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
On top of attunement, all sense of progression is lost. You now get to level 85, get gear that is a half step below current normal mode gear and you're good to go. You don't run heroics -> BWD/BoT/TotFW -> FL -> DS... it's Heroics -> higher end heroics -> Dragon Soul

So what could they do? Never update the justice/valor points items? If it was still only 346 blue items, you would have no choice but to do older raids in order to clear Dragon Soul.

That's all i can think that would give us a reason to continue doing older raids. But then, that would make the point system completely pointless after a few heroic runs, not to mention no one but new alts would run heroics anymore. It's either kill heroics or kill older raids. And since most WoW players would rather do short heroics than spend 3 hours into a raid, i guess that's what Blizzard prefer to do.

Although, with the LFR now, they could do something different with MoP where doing LFR raids replace heroics once you're geared enough, since they only take 1 hour to do each thanks to their low difficulty and being split into 2.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I've been doing it every Tuesday. Did you do the attunement quests?
I guess it was changed recently. I see a thread in December where a guy is like "yo, I can do this, cool".

I wish they would remove the requirement if they are letting MC and BWL slide.

Logging onto my free account is getting annoying even tho it's way better than needing someone else.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Someone mentioned UI earlier.

I have used the stock UI since launch day.

I do have extras like DBM and PowerAuras on top of it but they don't change the UI.

My bars are in the default location, as are my bags, maps, chat window etc. I have tried many UI mods over the years and have never been a fan,

I have 99% of my abilities hotkeyed so the UI is irrelevant and the stock UI tells me everything I need to know.

I am pretty slim on addons as well lol.

Works out great on patch days when everyone else is crippled due to addons/UI bugs.

Call me crazy!

Bisnic

I do have extras like DBM and PowerAuras on top of it but they don't change the UI.

My bars are in the default location, as are my bags, maps, chat window etc. I have tried many UI mods over the years and have never been a fan,

I have 99% of my abilities hotkeyed so the UI is irrelevant and the stock UI tells me everything I need to know.

Works out great on patch days when everyone else is crippled due to addons/UI bugs.

Call me crazy!

I'm like you, still using the default UI with a few addons like Recount, Atlasloot and DBM.

Always funny to watch people being incapable of playing(especially healers) when their addons are broken on patch days. The default raid UI is perfectly fine for healing on my paladin, i probably beat many healers in LFR on the healing meter who use those addons they love so much. I don't know, maybe the UI was really terrible a few years ago and people never bothered to see how it was improved since then so they go "nononono. No addon = no heals".

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Call me crazy!
My two most important addons, Bagnon and Bartender4, have never had patch day bugs.

I get rid of a lot of clutter and get to see more of the screen:

I can see any characters bag or bank invetory:
OAoxg.jpg

I don't have things where I want them in this old screen shot or all my abilities on bars. I usually have things on the side. The minimap and character bars are default.

Alchemy

I guess it was changed recently. I see a thread in December where a guy is like "yo, I can do this, cool".

I wish they would remove the requirement if they are letting MC and BWL slide.

Logging onto my free account is getting annoying even tho it's way better than needing someone else.

I think it happened in 4.3, and I agree. It would be awesome to be able to run into raids solo, even if they don't go back and tune the encounters for solo play and just let players find out for themselves if they can solo stuff.

Honestly I think its kind of a bug they're not too worried about fixing. You still can't enter these instances through the portals only through the conversations. Its a decent money maker though, BWL is about 1200g before selling any ingots or boss drops. You just have to put up with that cursed suppressor room.

Not sure how much gold is off MC, but I can get through that in about half an hour so its quick enough.

Boken

Banned
My friends have been pressuring me into resubbing with the promise of free loot D:

What do you guys think? Is Dragon Soul a fun raid? Should I sell my soul to WoW once again?

Chris R

My friends have been pressuring me into resubbing with the promise of free loot D:

What do you guys think? Is Dragon Soul a fun raid? Should I sell my soul to WoW once again?

When was the last time you played? I'm enjoying leveling an alt seeing all the changes that have happened around the world (for the most part, dislike Thousand Needles for now, but it might grow on me) noticing all the neat little things they added for players who played Pre-Cata.

Entropia

No One Remembers

To be honest, Dragon Soul kind of sucks. It's pretty underwhelming for the final tier of this expansion.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Assuming their guild doesn't have raid scheduling issues and heroic potential, I'd gear up in a few days and raid with them weekly. There's no reason to over play.

If they have a large portion of normal mode on farm and are at a brick wall on the later bosses it'll be boring.

Mairu

Call me crazy!

I'm like you, still using the default UI with a few addons like Recount, Atlasloot and DBM.

Always funny to watch people being incapable of playing(especially healers) when their addons are broken on patch days. The default raid UI is perfectly fine for healing on my paladin, i probably beat many healers in LFR on the healing meter who use those addons they love so much. I don't know, maybe the UI was really terrible a few years ago and people never bothered to see how it was improved since then so they go "nononono. No addon = no heals".

It's funnier to see people who don't use addons laugh at people on patch days when in reality the problems that occur due to add-ons on patch days are pretty minimal considering the amount of time patches are up on the PTR before moving to live. It still does happen where patch day causes a noticeable amount of errors in some addons but usually everything is pretty up to date and fixed by prime time.

Dragon Soul also sucks. Their best raiding tier this expansion was the first tier

Bisnic

It's funnier to see people who don't use addons laugh at people on patch days when in reality the problems that occur due to add-ons on patch days are pretty minimal considering the amount of time patches are up on the PTR before moving to live. It still does happen where patch day causes a noticeable amount of errors in some addons but usually everything is pretty up to date and fixed by prime time.

Dragon Soul also sucks. Their best raiding tier this expansion was the first tier

Don't tell me you never got that healer on patch day who type right at the beginning of an instance "crap grid dont work cant heal bye". Yes, it happens and its funny when it does.

I use grid and bartender and bagnon and a UI mod to get frames down by my bars... all that good stuff. On patch day if any of it breaks, I'd be just fine. They enhance my ability to play better but they aren't essential. If mouseover macros broke one day? I'd be mega-mega-fucked. Mouseovers are responsible for at minimum 40% of my healing throughput.

Alchemy

I only use DBM. The default UI really isn't that bad for me, but I guess I'm weird. DBM just makes running dungeons easy mode.

Bisnic

The new golden dragon that came in the Blizzard Store today is so badass. I will be tempted to buy it eventually i'm sure.

The new golden dragon that came in the Blizzard Store today is so badass. I will be tempted to buy it eventually i'm sure.

Yeah, saw that on MMO-Champ. Out of all the mounts from the store so far, it's the only one that I'd really consider buying. Sparkle pony just looks tacky now (had a better opinion of it when it was thought it might be a special Vault of Archavon drop), and I never really liked the Winged Guardian.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
lol and liking a mount until you find out it's not a boss drop.

I'd choose the Steed I got for free over an ugly Wyvern any day on alts.

Riding on it on my male tauren druid is hilarious.

Think I'll wait to see how it looks in game before I make a decision. Mounts I'm much more "eh" on as opposed to companion pets. Though I admit I love my blazing hippogryph. I lucked out on that one.

If there is still activity in the GAF guild on Area 52, who would I contact about joining? I have been away from the game for 2 years and if there is a GAF guild on the server my toons are on it may make it easier for me to come back!

Chris R

If there is still activity in the GAF guild on Area 52, who would I contact about joining? I have been away from the game for 2 years and if there is a GAF guild on the server my toons are on it may make it easier for me to come back!

Just do a /who NeoGaf. Someone should be on most of the time. I'll be hopping on in ~1 hour or so if you want to shoot for an exact time.

Sarcasm

Jealous that your on the server. We can be real id friends though.

I'm starting to believe that the Giantstalker and Dragonstalker helms aren't real things.

I have worn one so therfor it is true! Might take you 3 months to get it though :D

Been leveling my Goblin Shaman and just blasting up the levels, I think Ive missed most of the zones from 20-45 because its so easy to group up now.

If I want to quest abit I que as DPS or If i want to right away I go Healer, annoying thing is I lagged way behind on professions because of it and had to go back to level mining up!

Sarcasm

I have worn one so therfor it is true! Might take you 3 months to get it though :D

Been leveling my Goblin Shaman and just blasting up the levels, I think Ive missed most of the zones from 20-45 because its so easy to group up now.

If I want to quest abit I que as DPS or If i want to right away I go Healer, annoying thing is I lagged way behind on professions because of it and had to go back to level mining up!

I am also leveling a Goblin Shammie!!

Sarcasm

My main is a shaman, but I want to at least play through the goblin and worgen starting areas since I never did around release.

Still trying to gear up my main first though I think.
A Dreanei Shaman right? :) I have an alliance that I am working on.

I plan to heal and elemental on the shaman.

I much prefered the worgen area to goblin one, seeing thrall was pretty cool though.
Annoying thingwas I had got up to 35 on my Worgen druid and thats a class I do want to play at 85 but had NO desire atall to play either troll or cow starter areas :/

One day when I have more money than sense Ill pay to move all my guys onto one kickass server and race change the lot of them..

20 Euro for that mount! holy fuck.

Number45

Have you played the Undead starting area since Cata launched? It's great.

Also, wowhead are running a competition to win that mount.

Sarcasm

I much prefered the worgen area to goblin one, seeing thrall was pretty cool though.
Annoying thingwas I had got up to 35 on my Worgen druid and thats a class I do want to play at 85 but had NO desire atall to play either troll or cow starter areas :/

One day when I have more money than sense Ill pay to move all my guys onto one kickass server and race change the lot of them..

20 Euro for that mount! holy fuck.
Interesting since I felt blizz did a half ass job on the worgon lore. Can tell they did more after with the goblins.

There's a lot of neat new stuff in the talent calculator. Still very incomplete though - some classes have an 87 ability listed, some don't.

Still, one thing that I think should be really fun is the Symbiosis ability for Druids (which we already knew about.) I think that will be really interesting.

demented

Looking good, tempted to come back, with all the disappointment from swtor might be fun :D

We'll see how GW2 turns out but that rogue stuff(my main and forever favorite class) seems nice :)

Top Bottom