• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega PC ports campaign continues with petition (Vanquish, Bayonetta, VF5)

Just checking... [updating]

- Valkyria Chronicles ✓
- Bayonetta ✓
- Vanquish ✓
- Virtua Fighter 5
- Jet Set Radio Future
- Shenmue 1 & 2
- Panzer Dragon (all?)
- Skies of Arcadia
- Resonance of Fate
- Anarchy Reigns

Just go all out man.

Where's Sega Rally? Daytona? There's already a version on PSN/360, put that on Steam too. Wouldn't hurt to have all Shinobi games, especially the PS2 and 3DS ones. Actually, why not all Master System games? Game Gear too. There's a billion Genesis collections but Master System/Game Gear are just on virtual console. And let's not forget the Saturn. Remember Bug!? Release Bug! Give us a Bug! and Clockwork Knight dual pack.

Sega should just release everything.

- Valkyria Chronicles ✓
- Bayonetta ✓
- Vanquish ✓
- Virtua Fighter 5
- Jet Set Radio Future
- Shenmue 1 & 2
- Panzer Dragon (all?)
- Skies of Arcadia
- Resonance of Fate
- Anarchy Reigns
-Scud motherfucking Race

updated.

celsowmbr

Banned
Will Sega continue to port one game per month?
Could we expect +-8 PC ports later this year?

tenor.gif

Tain

Bayonetta to Vanquish makes sense but a new VF5 port is gonna take more momentum.

I know that Virtua Fighter 5 was originally a Linux game in arcades, but it looks like Final Showdown was released on both RingEdge and Lindbergh. Doesn't that mean the arcade release already has a Windows port?

It may not matter because any PC port would likely be based on one of the home versions.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

- Valkyria Chronicles ✓
- Bayonetta ✓
- Vanquish ✓
- Yakuza
- Virtua Fighter 5
- Jet Set Radio Future
- Shenmue 1 & 2
- Panzer Dragon (all?)
- Skies of Arcadia
- Resonance of Fate
- Anarchy Reigns

Fixed for you

Piccoro

sega is going to jump straight to 'etc' and christmas will be cancelled.

Do we really need another version of VF5? There's already 2 versions on PS3, 2 versions on X360 (one of them also on the One) and another on Yakuza 6. Not counting the Arcade versions.

I would rather prefer that Sega focused on VF6.

Mugen08

Not sure if PC Gamer got this response before or after Vanquish PC was confirmed, but still:
It's hardly a surprise that Vanquish has been announced: Sega has been teasing it pretty hard, but y'know, nothing is true until the company says it is. Bayonetta was a success for Sega though, and according to SEGA's John Clark more ports are likely on the way. "There's more to come from SEGA in this space, so stay tuned for further announcements."
Source: PC Gamer

Edit: Maybe not even news no matter what?
Edit 2: (Pls be Yakuza 0)

ezodagrom

isn't Heroes already on PC? just not Steam.
It's not available in any digital store, it's only available physically.

Sonic Adventure having an old physical version didn't stop SEGA from making a new digital version (even though that one ended being worse, but thankfully SEGA has upped their console to PC ports quality considerably since then).

I know it's unrealistic, but could SEGA get away with a port per month for the rest of the year? How fucking crazy would that be?

April - Bayonetta
May - Vanquish
June - Virtua Fighter 5
July - Resonance of Fate
August -Yakuza 0 (to coincide with PS4 release of Kiwami)
September - House of the Dead 4
October - Shenmue I & II HD
November - Yakuza Kiwami
December - PSO 2 :""")

... that's not happening though :)

ezodagrom

April - Bayonetta
May - Vanquish
June - Sonic Mania
July - Virtua Fighter 5
August - Yakuza 0
September - Resonance of Fate
November - Sonic Forces
December - Hatsune Miku Diva Future Tone

(as if ;_; )

April - Bayonetta
May - Vanquish
June - Sonic Mania
July - Virtua Fighter 5
August - Yakuza 0
September - Resonance of Fate
November - Sonic Forces
December - Hatsune Miku Diva Future Tone

(as if ;_; )

Heh, IF Yakuza 0 came to PC, they'd definitely stagger it to not be announced until after Kiwami lands on PS4 (At behest of Atlus) to prevent people sleeping on Kiwami in wait for a PC port.

I know it's unrealistic, but could SEGA get away with a port per month for the rest of the year? How fucking crazy would that be?

My heart wouldn't be able to take it. These two ports already seem pretty unreal, but they have the caveat of being Platinum titles. At best I could see them doing a few more ports this year, but working around their current releases. Something like:

June - Valkyria Revolution release
July - Sonic Mania (?) release
August- Yakuza Kiwami release
September - VF5FS port
October - JSRF port
November - Resonance of Fate port
December - Sonic Forces (?) release

I'm not sure about RoF's chances, it's really just a placeholder. This also kinda ignores the fact that Puyo Puyo Tetris also dropped in April alongside Bayo (assuming things like it and Kiwami count as "new" releases).

This year is pretty damn hype.

Sega shouldn't waste resources on porting Azure Revolution. It's already enough wasted money localizing it.

It's literal kusoge that was shat out with a decimated budget for a quick buck after Sega decided the game was a lost cause following the pre-pre-Alpha's negative impressions. I wouldn't be surprised if the localization costed more than the game's development somehow by how badly the game reeks of budget cuts.

Though of course, a lot of the blame there goes to Sega for forcing MediaVision to make a demo to push copies of Valkyria Remastered despite Azure Revolution not being remotely ready for primetime exposure.

I'd love to see what Azure Revolution would have been in a world where it didn't get its budget slashed and rammed out the door by Sega Japan execs.

Pejo

Oh man, Panzer Dragoon series to PC would be amazing. It's on my dream list now.

Wonder how much Saga getting PC port would crash the collectors market? Probably not much considering the value is usually having it physically.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Do we really need another version of VF5? There's already 2 versions on PS3, 2 versions on X360 (one of them also on the One) and another on Yakuza 6. Not counting the Arcade versions.

I would rather prefer that Sega focused on VF6.

there are no versions on PC, so yes? did we really need another version of Bayonetta...?

Top Bottom