• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nippon Ichi announces a new Action RPG for Switch/PS4/Vita, out in JP on Jan 25th

Aters

They are bleeding out of talents. I no longer expect anything good from them. Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain was the last foray from the old gang.

Vena

Are they both bombing?

If Amazon is anything to go by, yes... with the Switch in the ~3k range, and the PS4 in the 10k range.

Whatever their targets are, if the Switch doesn't reach it, it doesn't look like the PS4 will fair any better or at all.

AniHawk

They are bleeding out of talents. I no longer expect anything good from them. Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain was the last foray from the old gang.

the 'old gang' departed after disgaea 4 from my understanding. disgaea d2 was training wheels with the new team and disgaea 5 was the first major attempt at a big new entry.

beyond that they've been trying to foster talent where they can by focusing on small-budget games instead of swinging for the fences for a major new franchise, which is how you got the guided fate paradox, the witch and the hundred knight, and those other games from 2012-2013.

anything with sato/harada can be seen as a major attempt, but coven was still an unexpected hit. so was yomawari, and to a lesser extent, the firefly diary. i think their new plan works out better in the long run for what they need to do in japan.

Shizuka

anything with sato/harada can be seen as a major attempt, but coven was still an unexpected hit. so was yomawari, and to a lesser extent, the firefly diary. i think their new plan works out better in the long run for what they need to do in japan.

Not Coven, never Coven.

d+pad

this is the start, yes.

also, pray for penny-punching princess and the longest five minutes. future localizations ride on their performance.

Well, I did my part here, as I have the regular physical versions of both games pre-ordered via Amazon :)

Sadly, I can't say this game is appealing to me at the moment. I've never much cared for the art style employed by the two Witch and The Hundred Knight games, so I wasn't pleased to hear the same artist was working on this game's characters.

I'd much rather the game look like Longest 5 Minutes, Penny-Punching Princess or Yomawari, to be honest...

killatopak

l_59e5d7412ca8cbksqz.jpg

wtf is this iq?

Top Bottom