• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Braves spring training photos are the shirtless FSU player photos of MLB Age.

slideshow_1002320955_022212Braves13.jpg

Doytch

Oh shits, didn't know it was coming out first week of March. Sooner than I figured.

lolololol "Third baseman, Miguel Cabrera!" And fitting that one shitty fielder gets a hit by hitting a grounder to another shitty fielder.

Macattk15

Ichiro's batting stance has changed. He's been working on it all offseason ... so I'm assuming he knew he was being moved from the top spot before the end of last season.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/larrystone/2017563080_stone22.html

You can see him hitting here ... looks much more conventional, definitely not picking up his front foot like he is getting a running slap-single start.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht...017537664_ichiro_arrives_in_camp_works_o.html

In before new single season HR record holder (well not really)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm honestly surprised at all the backlash the Mariners are getting for this. Nobody expected them to win shit this year, at least they're trying some crazy shit that could actually pay off. It's clearly an attempt to get some of these guys to change their approach at the plate both physically and mentally and really theres no downside to trying it out. Good for Wedge really.

Macattk15

I'm honestly surprised at all the backlash the Mariners are getting for this. Nobody expected them to win shit this year, at least they're trying some crazy shit that could actually pay off. It's clearly an attempt to get some of these guys to change their approach at the plate both physically and mentally and really theres no downside to trying it out.

Exactly my point with my previous post.

Thank you.

Who the fuck cares if Figgins tanks at lead-off .... I'm looking at this as his LAST shot to do anything as a Mariner ... I'm sure Jack Z is also.

I'm looking forward to this season ... not because they will compete, but because I want to see how shit plays out. A healthy Smoak, brand new Montero, a full season of Ackley, a full season of Carp (who lost even more weight and put on more muscle this offseason), a once again healthy Gutierrez who looks ripped in Spring Training unlike last season where he looked like a skeleton (I'm looking for some 2009-esque numbers with his stellar D), Iwakuma hopefully pitching well and netting some prospects ...

jman2050

The only thing funnier than Red Sox fans' false hope is the Mariners perpetual irrelevancy.

I'm so sorry you have to be a part of it Jesus :(

Macattk15

Jack Z, moneyballz master. Losses are totally undervalued, so he is going to stock up.

Brilliant!

Who made your team what it is today? Pretty sure the Brewers would be still stuck in mediocrity if he didn't fill the system with draft talent.

On a serious note, of course Jack Z cares .... but he also has been saying the entire time to "stick to the plan" and rebuild the organization. I have patience ... I've been patient for 14 years ... why not wait some more.

eznark

Banned
Who made your team what it is today? Pretty sure the Brewers would be still stuck in mediocrity if he didn't fill the system with draft talent.

On a serious note, of course Jack Z cares .... but he also has been saying the entire time to "stick to the plan" and rebuild the organization. I have patience ... I've been patient for 14 years ... why not wait some more.

And who has defended Jack Z since he left and given him all the credit (until last year)? This guy. I love him. I blame Wedge for this. It also gives Jack a nice out. "Look how fucking dumb Wedge is, why would you fire me?! It's his fauuuuuuuuuulttttt"

Tim Lincecum was scratched from a bullpen session today after reporting a stiff back following warm-up tossing. He'll be held out of workouts for the next few days. "We're not worried, but it was pretty stiff," Bruce Bochy said. "We'll play it safe and hold him out."

He signed a 2-year, $40 million contract extension a few weeks ago.

Lincecum is already the second Giants pitcher to be knocked down with a back problem. Ryan Vogelsong will sit out the next two weeks after straining his back during pre-spring training workouts earlier in the month.

robertson is a scrub. hughes is a scrub. joba is a scrub. cc is the only closer worthy pitcher yanks have after mo.

id just move CC to the bullpen this spring training to make the transition easier. give starting lefty dooties to boone logan

Macattk15

And who has defended Jack Z since he left and given him all the credit (until last year)? This guy. I love him. I blame Wedge for this. It also gives Jack a nice out. "Look how fucking dumb Wedge is, why would you fire me?! It's his fauuuuuuuuuulttttt"

Wtf is wrong with Wedge? Certainly better than Mike Hargrove and Don Fucking Wakamatsu.

I think Wedge batting Ichiro third is a masterstroke of genius. Should certainly stir up some ticket purchases by curious fans beaten down by years of mediocrity.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I'm almost willing to bet money that Figgins will be released by May and playing for the Pirates by June.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I love how spring training makes you forget that your team was bottom barrel last season!

All of these HoF prospects!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom