• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Psxphile

Woff ain't worth it, brehs.

that's probably true, especially if you already sprung for the VIP medal or have WoFF Sora since the new Lann and Reynn medals offer the same bonuses: +1 PSM-ATK and -1 PSM-DEF for 3 turns.

EDIT: damn, Level 900 enemies
but there's also gems up for grabs...
EDIT: cleared Power and Speed but Magic's Snowman has way too much HP for me to drop in 2-3 turns
which is all kinds of messed up since Speed is my best element

All the ex medals are bait. If you disagree, tell it to my Axel ex... Oh wait... I wasn't able to pull one, despite whaling on that banner.

How bad did you whale it?

Ex medals are the only medals that can be obtained in those banners though.
Although one day, I suspect when tier 7 comes out, you will get one ex medal when trying for tier 7.
But that is long away.

c-murph

New banner medals and Broom quests starting tonight. Banner guarantees 2 WOFF medals per pull!

DG0T8l-VoAEErUs.png:small

DG0UNILUAAEtGOm.jpg:small

Its a trap.jpg

Although, they got me on the Gem Boards. Thought I had enough to get Starlight to 35... on at 34. :(

I'm sitting at 5k jewels. gunna try and run through the story and proud quest to get it up another couple thousand. Probably buy VIP on Monday for another 3,000-4,400 more. Hopefully get it to 15,000 by the time Seph Ex drops for 5 all out pulls. I have like 7 M&Bs, So, I can guilt him if I can get him to drop.

Skittles

Just a note, the tier 4/5 medals in the WoFF have quite the low pull rate. So be weary of that if you intend to pull (someone dropped $700 and didn't get one tier 5). The boosted rates are crazy high though. In 5 pulls I have all but one of the tier 3s boosted

Just a note, the tier 4/5 medals in the WoFF have quite the low pull rate. So be weary of that if you intend to pull (someone dropped $700 and didn't get one tier 5). The boosted rates are crazy high though. In 5 pulls I have all but one of the tier 3s boosted

Well, the notice did say (in a really confusing, roundabout way) that the WoFF medals have a 50% chance of being boosted.

pariah164

Just started this up again after months of going without. Desperately trying to earn some F2P jewels for the WoFF draw. It's surprisingly better than I remember. Not sure if the UI changed, or just my tastes.

Skittles

Did you all beat Axel quest 13th?
Really struggling with it.
I did. Used an EA pluto b and friend HPO ea sp1
Just started this up again after months of going without. Desperately trying to earn some F2P jewels for the WoFF draw. It's surprisingly better than I remember. Not sure if the UI changed, or just my tastes.
The UI is tons faster than when the game began. Plus a bunch of features to streamline it.

WoFF medals are out of date, they aren't really worth pulling.

Farsi

Copy medals? Like, dups of medals?

Not exactly, these are copy medals

k4Jq8si.jpg

What they do is give you the ability to either copy the medal before it, or after it. So for example if you have HD Namine at the last slot of your keyblade it will copy your friend medal giving you the ability to use it twice in the same turn. Or another example if you use Key Art Bond, it gives you the ability to copy a medal before it

so say you have a illustrated Kairi 1 in your first slot, you put Bond in the 2nd slot and it will copy your medal giving you instead of +3 str, to +6 str

Also when Copy Medals are fully guilted, in many cases they will make your medals attack power even stronger. Now that attack medals in the game also are coming with buffs/debuffs, copy medals will be a must have for any players looking to compete. These medals copy everything, no ifs ands, or butts.

Save it all for Sephiroth EX.

I know this medal is hyped up and everything, but I honestly don't need it. A combination of iKairi 2 (with extra attack), 0.2 Kairi, and Cloud EX kinda makes Sephiroth EX redundant.

Here's what I end up with with my current set-up:

+6 General Strength
+6 Power Strength
-1 General Defense on enemies
-6 Power Defense on enemies

Adding a Sephiroth EX to the mix would only raise my strength/lower my enemies' defenses by one tier in each category. It's nice, but not really that essential. On Fenrir, I'd honestly probably be better served by using Dragon Maleficent on the fourth slot.

deanote666

I know this medal is hyped up and everything, but I honestly don't need it. A combination of iKairi 2 (with extra attack), 0.2 Kairi, and Cloud EX kinda makes Sephiroth EX redundant.

Here's what I end up with with my current set-up:

+6 General Strength
+6 Power Strength
-1 General Defense on enemies
-6 Power Defense on enemies

Adding a Sephiroth EX to the mix would only raise my strength/lower my enemies' defenses by one tier in each category. It's nice, but not really that essential. On Fenrir, I'd honestly probably be better served by using Dragon Maleficent on the fourth slot.

Seph Ex is more about the damage than the buff/debuff. Would work well in Fenrir, that is if you can actually get one...

Was he a mercy in JP? 1 every 20 pulls or something?

Seph pull rates from JP banner
Normal: 0.58619% per slot
Boosted: 0.08046% per slot
(Or combined, 0.66665% per slot)

Seph Ex also best for HSC because he does one hit.

Seph Ex is more about the damage than the buff/debuff. Would work well in Fenrir, that is if you can actually get one...

Was he a mercy in JP? 1 every 20 pulls or something?

Seph pull rates from JP banner
Normal: 0.58619% per slot
Boosted: 0.08046% per slot
(Or combined, 0.66665% per slot)

Would love to get fenrir and seph ex. Would have Key Art sky as the last slot, and Seph Ex as second to last.

He was not a Mercy pull in JP.
None of the 6 tier EX medals have had Mercy Pulls EXCEPT for Roxas Ex reprint, which was a falling price deal, with a mercy of 20. (so 13 real pulls, not too bad tbh, but Seph Ex is better)

Skittles

I'm still middling on medals and such.

My medals:

And my loadouts:

I have the Olympia Keyblade, but it will not ever be used.

Anyway, I'm starting to have issues in a few stages, but a lot of my strongest medals are at level 100 already. Tips would be appreciated.
Thw most simple thing you need to do is have 0.2 kairi in every blade you have

Psxphile

New Falling Price banner starring Cloud EX:
DG0FDRsVoAA1JXF.png:small

More VIP bonuses and Challenge jewels for the rest of us:
DGrJ1CDVwAM5BBo.jpg:small

NOTE: 0AP ends tonight.
EDIT: or tomorrow, I'm not entirely sure

^ that Cloud Ex is more bait.

I'm still middling on medals and such.

My medals:

And my loadouts:

I have the Olympia Keyblade, but it will not ever be used.

Anyway, I'm starting to have issues in a few stages, but a lot of my strongest medals are at level 100 already. Tips would be appreciated.

Like skittles said, 0.2 at the start of every keyblade.
Also I recommend saving all your jewels to try to pull Sephrioh Ex.
What story quest are you on?

Also recommend doing multiplayer to try getting Pooh & Tigger & Rabbit medal with extra attack. Will be a good medal for the future since you missed HPO.

Skittles

Don't fall for it! They are also only offering tier 4 and not even tier 5 like they did a week ago.

^ that Cloud Ex is more bait.

Like skittles said, 0.2 at the start of every keyblade.
Also I recommend saving all your jewels to try to pull Sephrioh Ex.
What story quest are you on?

Also recommend doing multiplayer to try getting Pooh & Tigger & Rabbit medal with extra attack. Will be a good medal for the future since you missed HPO.
Since that person is f2p and just returning to the game. They should save up for tsum tsums instead. Have a lot more utility(more types than reverse power) and theyre guarnteed to get something

Seph ex is 100% the next banner when woff ends. No way he isn't when they put that bait cloud ex banner up

Azuran

Banned
What proud quest # are we on right now? I'm only at 140 so I need to know how much grind I have ahead of me for the next month or so D:

I'm going back to class so I should have a lot more time to play this starting next month for better or worse.

Psxphile

What proud quest # are we on right now? I'm only at 140 so I need to know how much grind I have ahead of me for the next month or so D:

I'm going back to class so I should have a lot more time to play this starting next month for better or worse.

We're up to 350 now.

Munti

Is a non-guilted seph-ex also worth it? If not, I don't know if I really should pull draws when the banner is finally here as the chances are very small, no?

Btw I've a guilted iTerra and it's awesome.

Psxphile

Is a non-guilted seph-ex also worth it? If not, I don't know if I really should pull draws when the banner is finally here as the chances are very small, no?

Btw I've a guilted iTerra and it's awesome.

banner pull will probably give it 3 dots if you pull one
as long as you have 3 FMBs guilting shouldn't be a problem, sucks not being able to put traits on it though unless you're damn lucky enough to get another one

Munti

banner pull will probably give it 3 dots if you pull one
as long as you have 3 FMBs guilting shouldn't be a problem, sucks not being able to put traits on it though unless you're damn lucky enough to get another one

Ah thanks, I didn't thought about the mickey-brooms and pre-strengthened pulls.

Also what's the difference between general and elemental atk/def buff? Let's say I have 6x-atk and 6x-p-medal buff. Would that mean that I have a 12x-buff with a p-medal?

Ah thanks, I didn't thought about the mickey-brooms and pre-strengthened pulls.

Also what's the difference between general and elemental atk/def buff? Let's say I have 6x-atk and 6x-p-medal buff. Would that mean that I have a 12x-buff with a p-medal?

General and elemental attack/defense buffs are calculated differently when determining how much damage you do or receive:

-General attack buffs increase your base attack, which is needed to overcome enemy defenses. This is the most important buff since without it you'll be only doing 1 damage against enemies with high defense, regardless of how many elemental attack buffs you stack on.
-Elemental attack buffs increase the "bonus" damage you do with your attack. It's basically a multiplier attached to your base attack. If your base attack is high, you get humongous increases with your damage with added elemental attack buffs. If you are dealing low base damage, then these buffs will not do much of anything.
-General defense increases your base defense (the defense sum of all your equipped medals). This doesn't do much for the player since your base defense is pitifully low and even +7 general defense, by itself, feels negligible against powerful enemies, but lowering the general defense on enemies is vital if their base defense is high. On higher level enemies, even a +7 general attack combined with a +7 elemental attack will only do 1 damage unless you lower their general defense.
-Elemental defense acts like elemental attack in that it is a divisor to the damage you take. This has the most profound effect since it can sharply reduce your ultimate damage. Enemies will take a bunch more damage with their elemental defenses lowered, too. Once again, though, you need to break through their base defense in order to dole out that kind of damage, so a combination of general defense and elemental defense debuffs work best.

As a new player, I would prioritize these buffs/debuffs like so:

General strength buff > Elemental strength buff > Elemental defense debuff = General defense debuff

They are all vital things to have, but you need to start simple. As for defense:

Elemental defense buff >>> General defense buff >>>>>>>>>> General strength debuff = Elemental strength debuff

This is more of a case of every strength debuff medal being awful right now.

Hope this helps! Make sure to do the Union Cross quests to obtain the Pooh & Tigger & Rabbit medal. Get an Extra Attack on that and you'll be in mostly good shape for defense.

Top Bottom