• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Gurrry

Preloaded and ready to go on ps4. I dont have psn but i might buy a 3 month sub and go from there. If anyone has some like psn trials or something i could use that would be appreciated! :)

Yeah, Star Labs stuff is what I meant by the challenge mode. I still see it as a fairly big difference as that was all "hand" created and was specific to characters. It helped me a lot in getting better at timing and using moves, for example. It also had the three star ranking system so it added replayability in trying to perfect the specific challenge. The deadly towers, and I fear this, just feel like a series of random fights with modifiers. They can be amusing but I'd always prefer having a specific challenge created.

Oh well! Just wanted to make sure I hadn't overlooked it in my quick browsing for game modes online.

I agree that it's considerably different to have content created specifically for individual characters versus content completable by everyone, but there's nothing stopping NRS from delivering character specific challenges via Multiverse mode. It also has a star ranking system from what I've been able to make out from screen caps, unless I'm mistaken.

Q8D3vil

I agree that it's considerably different to have content created specifically for individual characters versus content completable by everyone, but there's nothing stopping NRS from delivering character specific challenges via Multiverse mode. It also has a star ranking system from what I've been able to make out from screen caps, unless I'm mistaken.
Some challenges are character specific but i didn't play the starlabs in the first game to comment on whether its the same or not.
Also, there are specific challnges that will reward you with gear for a specific character.

Some challenges are character specific but i didn't play the starlabs in the first game to comment on whether its the same or not.
Also, there are specific challnges that will reward you with gear for a specific character.

Well then, consider me even more optimistic. I just now noticed there's no announced PC release so I guess how I get this has been decided for me. Looks like I'll be heading to Best Buy tomorrow.

Big Brett

Got dat Ultimo edition on lockdown. Not even really sure what's going on with this game but I wanna grind, it looks pretty as hell!

JeTmAn81

Find a character you like to play as and practice.

Short and sweet of it. Fighting games make me want to get good with everyone but you can't really. Specialize.

Learn basic combos. Get those memorized. Figure out spacing and timing. Find out which moves give you good set ups.

Step 2 is to then learn, for the most part, the other moves of other fighters when used against you. Know when to block, dodge, and punish. As you get familiar with your character and what your foes can do, you begin to realize what you are capable of in any given situation.

... and you'll still get stomped online from time to time. Lol.

Don't overemphasize combos, but do have a decent simple combo down pat for when you get a hit on the other guy. It really makes a difference in the long run when you're getting 20% damage versus 5%.

I gotta wait till tomorrow for my copy of the ultimate edition from best buy. I've been interested in Robin ever since he was announced and judging by some of the setups i've seen on twitter I think I made the right call. But as soon as Red Hood comes out i'm 100% maining him just because I love the character.

I gotta wait till tomorrow for my copy of the ultimate edition from best buy. I've been interested in Robin ever since he was announced and judging by some of the setups i've seen on twitter I think I made the right call. But as soon as Red Hood comes out i'm 100% maining him just because I love the character.

Same when it comes to Red Hood. I think until then Scarecrow will be my main

Really excited to play tomorrow. Happy to see they kept my main (Adam), but there's definitely a few new characters I want to try out as well!

I don't care for Red Hood, but I recognise his popularity. Someone suggested a Grayson Premier skin could work for Red Hood in the speculation thread and I'm inclined to agree. I'd be totally down with Red Hood if it means I can play as Secret Agent Nightwing.

DrBo42

Also played against Darkseid in multiverse, I already hate fighting against him.
Found it interesting that holding back also blocks the beam thast wraps around the screen and hits you from behind. But he's probably the worst boss to face. Couldn't complete that Superman event on day 1 with his bullshit.

Found it interesting that holding back also blocks the beam thast wraps around the screen and hits you from behind. But he's probably the worst boss to face. Couldn't complete that Superman event on day 1 with his bullshit.

Can you please give a quick run down on the events available on Day One?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Great job on the OT op.

The 15-20 hour wait for Amazon delivery is going to be infuriating. Especially since 70% of my friends list is already playing.

Keep us posted if someone makes gaf Injustice group on ps4.

Great job on the OT op.

The 15-20 hour wait for Amazon delivery is going to be infuriating. Especially since 70% of my friends list is already playing.

Keep us posted if someone makes gaf Injustice group on ps4.

Sinkfla created a GAF Injustice 2 Community, there'll also be a Guild, possibly multiple given the fifty player limit, as well.

Spinky

I don't care for Red Hood, but I recognise his popularity. Someone suggested a Grayson Premier skin could work for Red Hood in the speculation thread and I'm inclined to agree. I'd be totally down with Red Hood if it means I can play as Secret Agent Nightwing.

Down for this, especially considering how much of a babe they made Aquaman.

DrBo42

Can you please give a quick run down on the events available on Day One?

At work, I'm sure someone else will be able to help. Before I left there were a few general events, 1 Robin themed, 1 Batman themed, and Atrocitus. The specific character ones give 2 or 3 epics on the final event with some rares along the way.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Sinkfla created a GAF Injustice 2 Community, there'll also be a Guild, possibly multiple given the fifty player limit, as well.
Thanks for the heads up.

I don't understand what a guild is. Could you please explain it ?

Thanks for the heads up.

Guilds are just in-game clans or communities of up to 50 players.

You can join or create a guild with your friends and/or other players to compete for daily and weekly challenge prizes. You can use the guild challenges to gain more experience to level up your character and to dominate the leaderboards. Succeed as a group or fail as one

You will now receive Guild-specific rewards based on your achievements as a group, and you can even challenge other Guilds to special Group Battles. These Group Battles have two players fighting a traditional Injustice match, while teammates fire off special buffs and attacks to help their ally win.

DrBo42

Thanks for the heads up.

Group of super friends working together for rewards. In the Multiverse there are seemingly specific challenges for guilds. Also I've seen tips in the loading screens that if you're having trouble with a Multiverse boss you can enlist guild members to help. Assuming it's like a crowd effort to lower their hp so you can down them.

Lettuce

So is this a direct follow on from the first game?, if so which dimension is it set in the Bad Superman or good Superman dimension from the first game?

Top Bottom