• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saprol

vaykor marelok is fun. spin your gun after every shot

bDME35X.gif

Manzoon

Banned
Just a friendly reminder that Trinity Prime will be vaulted soon! This will happen when Oberon leaves prime access.

Big thanks for this reminder, will probably just buy the parts from someone tomorrow.

vaykor marelok is fun. spin your gun after every shot

I just found out how radical the reload animation is when dual wielding with a thrown weapon, one handed super spin trick reloads.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't like Grimnir designs ._.

That said the Vaykor Marelok does look really good.

Marelok and Grinlok are the most unoffensive Grineer weapons in terms of appearance.

Akmangus has a great reload animation too. Pandero too, a good barrel spin especially after using the fan-the-hammer secondary fire.

Rafy

OK, I give up on the Mastery Rank 9 test, I've failed 4 days in a row and I'm about ready to punch my screen...
I have no problem getting through the first 2 stages but the third is what always gets me. I know it's against the TOS, but I'll have to find someone else to do it for me...

OK, I give up on the Mastery Rank 9 test, I've failed 4 days in a row and I'm about ready to punch my screen...
I have no problem getting through the first 2 stages but the third is what always gets me. I know it's against the TOS, but I'll have to find someone else to do it for me...

Practice in Cephalon Simaris' room. It's on the right hand side of the room when you enter.

Callandor

If you've up to Neptune and have Loki, he should make it a breeze.

Otherwise, you can jump up on top of the pillars to watch their patrol paths and (usually) the enemies won't see you

Rafy

Practice in Cephalon Simaris' room. It's on the right hand side of the room when you enter.

I have already done that many times and made it through most times.

If you've up to Neptune and have Loki, he should make it a breeze.

Otherwise, you can jump up on top of the pillars to watch their patrol paths and (usually) the enemies won't see you

Yes, I do have Loki. However, a few hours ago I found out that I can use the Glaive and it's much easier, so I am building that to find out if it still works. I also heard of a bug where if you throw yourself off the side, your abilities are unlocked when you respawn.

I have already done that many times and made it through most times.

Yes, I do have Loki. However, a few hours ago I found out that I can use the Glaive and it's much easier, so I am building that to find out if it still works. I also heard of a bug where if you throw yourself off the side, your abilities are unlocked when you respawn.

The Glaive works but you are gonna need a bunch of range and enough damage.

I basically cheesed it by killing most of them from your starting point (go on one of the pillars) and then going in and picking off the remaining. :D

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Catalyst alert in 2 minutes! I need so many of these god damn things...

ed: oh it's a 24 hour alert, well that was nice of them

wrongway

Catalyst alert in 2 minutes! I need so many of these god damn things...

ed: oh it's a 24 hour alert, well that was nice of them

Oh nice. I luckily got to grab the one that popped up the other day since it was a quiet morning. Just saw the notification for this one and figured I'd miss it since I'm out of the office. Good to know it'll still be there when I get back :D

Manzoon

Banned
So the Zaar is a ton of fun, no regrets there, already have a forma on it and will probably put at least two more on there.

I'm so torn on using my Simaris rep to get those exilus adapter bps or to get the Simulor (last weapon I need from that faction).

I think I need life strike.

I want to try out different melee weapons but I've become so reliant on the heal from hirudo I don't know how I'd function without it. Anything goes wrong I just find a high health target and dive in, never fails to get my health topped up.

VandalD

I want to try out different melee weapons but I've become so reliant on the heal from hirudo I don't know how I'd function without it. Anything goes wrong I just find a high health target and dive in, never fails to get my health topped up.
Yeah, having healing on melee is an essential thing for me. Life Strike is great, but I've been relying on Healing Return. There are downsides to Healing Return though. It sucks to farm, it doesn't heal you as fast, it requires conditions on the targets, and it costs a lot more mod capacity on your weapon. I just like it more because I don't have to pull out my melee, turn on channeling, then hit things. I can just use quick melee when I need to heal.

Manzoon

Banned

If you don't have it, one of the Syndicates has the large team health restore bps. I don't recall them being particularly resource heavy to make.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
So the Zaar is a ton of fun, no regrets there, already have a forma on it and will probably put at least two more on there.

I'm so torn on using my Simaris rep to get those exilus adapter bps or to get the Simulor (last weapon I need from that faction).
Legit one of the best weapons in the game. I already put 3 forma on it and it goes very well with a Trin build I have that basically negates the self-damage.

Yeah, having healing on melee is an essential thing for me. Life Strike is great, but I've been relying on Healing Return. There are downsides to Healing Return though. It sucks to farm, it doesn't heal you as fast, it requires conditions on the targets, and it costs a lot more mod capacity on your weapon. I just like it more because I don't have to pull out my melee, turn on channeling, then hit things. I can just use quick melee when I need to heal.

I actually wasn't aware healing return was a thing. Hirudo requires crits to heal so needing a status effect isn't a big difference.
You're right about the smaller heal and the low drop rate, 0.03% chance is kinda silly.

If you don't have it, one of the Syndicates has the large team health restore bps. I don't recall them being particularly resource heavy to make.

That doesn't really fill the job of hirudo though. Having to stop attacking and go into my inventory seems like it would slow me down quite a bit.

Vaykor Marelok is my workhorse gun, it having 6 forma and being my secondary of choice based on the stats the game calculates should show it.

Its honestly hard to leave it at home because how how good it is but will see if the Euphona Prime can dethrone it (even if its essentially the same gun save for the mini shotgun action).

Manzoon

Banned
That doesn't really fill the job of hirudo though. Having to stop attacking and go into my inventory seems like it would slow me down quite a bit.

I'm not sure what your gameplay style is like, life steal has never felt necessary for me in this game, especially considering how important crowd control is in higher level content (avoiding getting one-shotted) and usually wanting a Trinity anyway for energy gain. I feel extremely limited as it is with my melee mod slots, I don't know if I'd want to sacrifice a space for life steal.

Usually I find the health drops from enemies are sufficient, if you are killing them quickly enough. I do use them on occasion to heal my sentinel, sometimes they go down fast from AOEs and weird enemy abilities.

Edit: good Lord I forgot about the health gain from the Steel Meridian proc, haha. That has definitely helped me a lot for longer engagements. I forget what all the syndicate buffs do, some are energy.

Don't forget Medi-Beam.

SM is healing/Blast AOE, AH is healing+parkour boost/gas AOE, CS is energy/magnetic AOE, PS is shields/Radiation AOE, edgelords are energy/viral AOE, and NL is healing/corrosive AOE.

VandalD

the best in my (biased) opinion. :p

Blowing away people while, healing as well? cmon son
The energy procs are pretty great too, especially if you don't have Zenurik running yet. And even if you do have Zenurik running, you can still get energy from the procs even while using channeled abilities like World on Fire, if your allies or your weapon is killing things. That's also a big reason why I'm a fan of Supra Vandal. Having a heal or energy proc feels like a huge advantage in the vast majority of content. Even at levels where the proc won't do as much damage, you're getting higher affinity due to higher enemy levels, which can make the procs happen more often. Syndicate procs are also why I tend to prefer quick melee over pulling out my melee, since most of the syndicate melee weapons aren't that great.

It also helps the Supra Vandal is an absolute face melting machine.

Vaykor Sydon and the Rakta Dark Dagger are the only two worth a damn, and the Dark Dagger is only good because of Covert Lethality.

The energy procs are pretty great too, especially if you don't have Zenurik running yet. And even if you do have Zenurik running, you can still get energy from the procs even while using channeled abilities like World on Fire, if your allies or your weapon is killing things. That's also a big reason why I'm a fan of Supra Vandal. Having a heal or energy proc feels like a huge advantage in the vast majority of content. Even at levels where the proc won't do as much damage, you're getting higher affinity due to higher enemy levels, which can make the procs happen more often. Syndicate procs are also why I tend to prefer quick melee over pulling out my melee, since most of the syndicate melee weapons aren't that great.

I will admit having some energy can be pretty good too

Will usually roll with the Santi tigris so i get the best of both worlds :p

@bold: This reminds me i need to open another school , i have like over a million focus right now LOL

It also helps the Supra Vandal is an absolute face melting machine.

Vaykor Sydon and the Rakta Dark Dagger are the only two worth a damn, and the Dark Dagger is only good because of Covert Lethality.

I have a bit of animosity against the Supra since that thing is fucking dreaded when fighting corpus (i usually try to kill the Tech ASAP) since it can take you real quickly out once it builds up, but it will give its respect. :/

Wasn't the Telos Boltace a thing as well before DE nerfed the spin attack?

Naite

Those affinity booster login rewards sure have a way with timing. Finally got it after I already finished putting all the forma and maxing out my Lenz.

Is the Silva and Aegis worth modding up if I don't intend to run it while channelling? Seems like I lose a lot of it's functionality if I'm not channelling.

Man my performance in that Kela sortie was fucking rotten :(

The squad beat her though and got a statue for their troubles

Seems i need to wipe off that Kela rust and actually bring a Limbo lol

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Man my performance in that Kela sortie was fucking rotten :(

The squad beat her though and got a statue for their troubles

Seems i need to wipe off that Kela rust and actually bring a Limbo lol

Get ash with fatal teleport and an ignis and you can basically solo the whole thing. I finished mine with the other people in my group literally only reviving each other and trying to shoot at the balls. You can chain fatal teleport on kela and she can't do anything but continue getting stabbed for hundreds of thousands of damage. You can two cycle her easily. Also the ignis lets you finish the rotaty shooty challenge in 1 second since it has punch through and just hits all the things at once.

Get ash with fatal teleport and an ignis and you can basically solo the whole thing. I finished mine with the other people in my group literally only reviving each other and trying to shoot at the balls. You can chain fatal teleport on kela and she can't do anything but continue getting stabbed for hundreds of thousands of damage. You can two cycle her easily. Also the ignis lets you finish the rotaty shooty challenge in 1 second since it has punch through and just hits all the things at once.

Was using ember so the balls are not an issue, its the orbital strike mainly (a frost was there but his dome apparently wasn't enough *shrug*)

I have a ash prime but he ain't ready for primetime so i might have to deal with that.

Already knew about Ignis stuff.

Had no idea Kela could actually be hit by fatal teleport, most bosses can't.

I usually just bring Limbo/Ignis/Aklex Prime and that gets the job done for everything in that fight.

The only time a Frost's dome isn't enough is when he's not repeatedly casting it for the invulnerability period right after pressing the button.

Always bring Corrosive Projection to Grineer sorties.

Naite

I might have to start trying this for solo runs. I run into so many groups where ppl dont shoot the targets. In today's sortie I was the only one reviving teammates and shooting the targets. Even with an ignis I could barely complete one set in between orbital strikes because my teammates kept getting hit.

But what is the best way to solo Kela ?

I find it really hard to farm her alone

I normally use Mesa for Kela. Peacemaker with a good secondary really shreds her up quickly. But you have to extremely mindful of her rockets.

Whats a nice Ash build now .

Preferably to teleport everywhere lol

Steel Charge for the aura. If you use a dagger, power strength doesn't matter at all. Max out your duration so you stay invisible, streamline for duration, stretch for range, vitality, fit in whatever else feels good. Alternatively, for having a bit more "quality of life" to his other abilities and still keeping Fatal Teleport being effective for high levels, you can try my build.

Steel Charge for the aura. If you use a dagger, power strength doesn't matter at all. Max out your duration so you stay invisible, streamline for duration, stretch for range, vitality, fit in whatever else feels good. Alternatively, for having a bit more "quality of life" to his other abilities and still keeping Fatal Teleport being effective for high levels, you can try my build.

Thanks i'll look into this.

Wasn't much of an Ash user tbh but his teleport murder sprees are pretty fun so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom