• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

caliph95

You guys are the reason i'm thankful i never had credit card until; recently and that i'm to cheap for those f2p game. Those things are deigned to suck money like mosquitos

error4041

Man I like where the story of Infamous Iron Man is heading with
Ultimate Reed(and boy is it fucked up he's shagging Doom's mom)
but I still can't get over Doom adopting someone else's identity and costume(especially Tony's), and he just doesn't sound like Doom. It feels like this is some completely different character calling himself Doom.

I was having similar thoughts reading today's issue, when he was telling Ben about how he
Missed Reed and Sue
I get that the ending of Secret Wars made him reevaluate everything, I just kinda wish it was conveyed better than, "I was a god for a while, but now I'm not so I guess I'll be a good guy" I do like how the book is a small bit a stealth Fantastic Four comic with Doom and Ben, Fantastic Four rogues,
Evil Reed
we just need Human Torch to show up at some point.

Though I thought Doom using the Iron Man suit and name was explained pretty well in the first issue, he wants to convince the world that he's gone straight and he decided it would be easier if he used Iron Man's brand recognition.

What are you already planning on picking up?

Aliens: Dead Orbit #1
Aliens: Defiance #11
Kill or Be Killed #8
XO Manowar #2
Thanos #6
Hulk #5
Flash #21
Hillbilly #6
Black Monday Murders #5
Detective #955
Doom Patrol #6

Anything to avoid or something else I should be buying as well?

The actual gameplay was so good, but everything else about the experience was awful. Such a shame.

It was like the outline for a good game.

You guys are the reason i'm thankful i never had credit card until; recently and that i'm to cheap for those f2p game. Those things are deigned to suck money like mosquitos

I'm pretty sure I have spent a grand on Hearthstone at this stage. I haven't bought any Journey to Un'Goro packs yet though, so I think I may finally be done.

Most of my MH spending was skins. If I didn't like the default, and this happened often, I would buy at least one skin as a replacement. Some were really silly, like I bought a skin for Spider-Man that's basically a slightly nicer version of the default because it changes Drake Bell's VA to Christopher Daniel Barnes. Ditto any enhanced skins I liked, like FemLoki and Jane Thor (with Jennifer Hale as the VA).

caliph95

Because characters are way more marketable when people want to fuck them.
We should tell god that people will be less depressed if they know how fuckable death is though it would encourage suicide so probable not
Moving on
we do get a history lesson Ultimates about the multiverse and the origins of Celestials

Sandfox

Aliens: Dead Orbit #1
Aliens: Defiance #11
Kill or Be Killed #8
XO Manowar #2
Thanos #6
Hulk #5
Flash #21
Hillbilly #6
Black Monday Murders #5
Detective #955
Doom Patrol #6

Anything to avoid or something else I should be buying as well?

It was like the outline for a good game.
The only books I've read so far this week are X-Men Blue and Scarlet Spider and I posted impressions of them earlier. This is kinda a meh week in terms of books I would recommend from the smaller publishers.

So, how man people here read part 2 of the Button storyline in Flash and what do they think about it?
So far, I'm enjoying. Love the art and the story seems to be going places.

Zombine

Banned
Because characters are way more marketable when people want to fuck them.

giphy.gif

tim1138

So, how man people here read part 2 of the Button storyline in Flash and what do they think about it?

Yep, it's not going where I expected, but I'm really digging it. It's always good to see post crisis Porter drawing cape comics again.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member

The return of the Cosmic Treadmill means I'm out. Glad I flipped through it first. Such a stupid plot device.

Six Gun Gorilla was great! I love this team, The Spire was incredible and this is pretty fantastic too. I'll veer far from spoilers but I love everything it tries to say: about Blue's personal journey and his need for closure, about the role of fiction in our lives, how those two things intertwine and the way in which Spurrier extrapolates them out into uplifting messages and heavy hearted speculative warnings, inwards towards the comics industry and outwards to us all as a global society. All that and the team manage to have their cake and eat it by presenting this as a spectacular rip roaring adventure featuring a gun toting Gorilla tearing through the tumbleweeds, on to the next crazy scene or circumstance. Great stuff, I feel silly for being so late to the party on these folks.

Also there is a really awesome James Harren variant in the cover gallery at the back, which was a nice surprise upon finishing.

Holy shit yes. Especially the mobile ones. You need some serious self-control if you're gonna play something like Future Fight.

dan2026

Its a weird thing, but I really hate how Flash is drawn with all those squiggly yellow speed force lines all over him now.

Its really off putting for some reason.

No it wouldn't. There's eleventy fucking billion books already, just stick it there. Uprising is mainly going to be a Champions story and you don't see it derailing Champions.

Ultimates² is doing something way good way beyond the little shitty nazi boring thing that I hate. Not every book has to be about your goddamn event. Fuck that noise.

sounds like you're taking the existence of an event you don't like personally.

like it or not, ultimates is stacked with a bunch of earth's powerhouses (minus hyperion and thor) specifically those concerned with cosmic threats and marvel not using an issue to explain their position when earth is literally fenced off from the rest of the universe and hit with trillions of chitauri would be pretty stupid.

I enjoy the run and would rather it continue uninterrupted, but your reaction isn't reasonable here.

Kurdel

Banned
The Ultimates this week was so fucking cool. I was eating up all that Celestial lore.

It's a shame to see
the new herald sacrifice himself to restore the Lifebringer Galactus, but comic books right!

Top Bottom