• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TIME: Find Out If Trump Would Let You Immigrate To America

Ishan

i find the wording wierd on this. Essentially its called immigrating but it evidently applies to both green cards and visas? (Whereas the work visa most people use the h1b specifically is called a non-immigrant work visa)

kswiston

27. In a few months I will be down to 25 though. Getting too old!

However, that is with no job offer. I would qualify with work over the $77.9k mark.

Tom Nook

Do you have a job offer?
No 0 points
Yes, with a salary less than $77,900 0 points
Yes, with a salary of at least $77,900 5 points
Yes, with a salary of at least $103,900 8 points
Yes, with a salary of at least $155,800 13 points

WTF?!

Do you have a Nobel Prize or major international award?
Yes 25 points
No 0 points

SMH

Have you won an Olympic medal in the past 8 years?
Yes 15 points
No 0 points

Yikes

Wulfric

What if you are getting your MFA? Does that help? I don't get their obsession with science and mathematics.

I don't envy people trying to get in. The qualifications and paperwork must be terribly arduous.

Guevara

I guess I was expecting crazier requirements. These are high, but not really unfair.

I'd suggest the same to people considering moving to NYC or San Francisco, lol.

crimnos

Geez, I'm doing way better than 99% of my family, make a good salary and have a college degree and still only got 25. I can't imagine where the rest of my family would score. America truly does hate poor people.

SomTervo

A foreign nonscience/maths bachelors is scored the same as a foreign non-science/maths masters... In that there's no option for a foreign non-science/maths masters. Only bachelors.

Like... What?

I got 27, not that i care. If i ever wanted to move over to the US i wouldn't do it without a job and that would probably net me the points I'd need.

LOL at the foreign bachelors degree being worth less than the US bachelors.
And Olympic medals or nobel prizes having ANYTHING to do with immigration, let alone life for 99.9999% of the planet.

I guess I was expecting crazier requirements. These are high, but not really unfair.

I'd suggest the same to people considering moving to NYC or San Francisco, lol.

It's not that they're high. It's that they are fucking idiotic, arbitrary and detached from reality on multiple levels.

Also highly intolerant wrt needing English.

Servbot24

Banned
I'm a white, 27-yr-old male with a software engineering job, born to married church-going Christian parents in the heart of the Midwest. Seems like I'd be right in line with what Republicans like, but I don't make over 77k and have not won a Nobel prize or Olympic medal, so I would not qualify to live in the US.

Cheebo

Banned
So I took it for DONALD TRUMP HIMSELF using his demographic, education, and financial info we have. I even decided to be lax and give him fluent in english when he clearly is not.

He got a 31. Barely barely made it in.

Though I have to wonder about the utility of demanding a job offer approaching 80k, since no postdocs or first year scientists are going to be making that much outside of San Francisco.

Kylarean

Hah. Didn't make it.

My wife barely made it. I'm not sure her Master's counts, but her Bachelor's would. And I'm including money more than just her salary (bonuses, stocks, etc).

Dali

So I took it for DONALD TRUMP HIMSELF using his demographic, education, and financial info we have. I even decided to be lax and give him fluent in english when he clearly is not.

He got a 31. Barely barely made it in.
Huh? How did you figure that? I got 43 for Trump.

Fercho

I got 27, but that's considering not having a job offer, which i guess it includes if my company wants me to get transferred to the states.

Even then, i don't have plans to immigrate to the States any time soon and if i have the opportunity to take my talent to any other place , i will do so.

Merc_

lol I'm pretty sure Trump's entire base would have to leave based on this test. Shit, most of the US is gone with this criteria.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
25 points. Welp.

Sorry Trump, I forgot to pick up my Olympic medal this decade. I'll try harder at the next Olympics.

Top Bottom