• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Powerball jackpot climbs to $700,000,000 for Wednesday’s drawing

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
and how the hell do you plan on making half life 3?

I'll just hire everyone involved with the series who no longer works at Valve aka just about everyone at this point and get them to make it with a slightly different name. Gabe will be the last boss in the Valve home dimension

Dalek

If you have to go on TV just do what they do in China-people show up in costume like Baymax so their face isn't shown.

900x600_AND68K1900AP0001.jpg

BumRush

Yes, the taxes on lottery, plus the cut that is taken out for lump sum both suck, but fuck it, it's $700M!!!!!!

#teamplaying

theWB27

Sure. Still BS in my opinion, there's an obvious reason why they don't simply show the lower number, which is the number that'll actually matter to people imo.
I guess I'm just salty about the concept of taxing winnings.

In Austria? As far as I can tell, basically everything.
For example lotto, scratching tickets, poker too, supposedly.

I can dig it. I think if you take the lump sum you should automatically deduct half if I remember correctly.

Dishwalla

Banned
No. Cash-only purchases (you can't let people put this shit on their credit cards or they will fuck themselves even harder) at a location that prints the tickets.

You can use debit/credit cards at some stores. Like I know you can use cards at 7-11, I've done it before. If you are unsure just buy a bottle of Dr Pepper and a pack of Skittles or something in addition to the lotto ticket.

No. Cash-only purchases (you can't let people put this shit on their credit cards or they will fuck themselves even harder) at a location that prints the tickets.

I'm sure they'd have to work out some security issues but it seems like a big missed opportunity that they don't offer this. I'd be in for a lot more lotteries just for the fun of it if I could just order them when I think of it from my phone.

I don't even know how I could begin to spend that sort of money, but I'd love to try. Wouldn't be worth losing all friends, family and trust in people, plus being kidnapped and murdered.

Afrodium

Banned
I know that the mathematical odds of winning make it completely insignificant if you have one ticket or multiple, but fuck it I'll put down $5.

I am going to win

Ogodei

Might as well bite, i'm headed into town for an interview today anyway and i'm starting a temp job tomorrow, so i know i'm good for $2.

Dali

I'd do so much good with that money. Part of me is like "make America better" but another part of me is like "just buy citizenship somewhere else and leave this place behind the second the ink dries on that check."

Top Bottom