• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC will be getting updated in Spring

wwm0nkey

Just announced on the Halo live stream, no details as of yet besides they will be taking advantage of new Xbox matchmaking systems and they will be asking the community to help test the updates

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Had better be or include a XOX update.

Would be crazy if it didn't. Also. Please add Reach.

Nowise10

Why was she so vague with her wording? What does it mean to move MCC to a new platform?

I was thinking they were talking about Windows 10, but then they talked about Xbox One X improvements instead. I thought Xbox One X was the same architecture as Xbox One, just better?

wwm0nkey

Why was she so vague with her wording? What does it mean to move MCC to a new platform?

I was thinking they were talking about Windows 10, but then they talked about Xbox One X improvements instead. I thought Xbox One X was the same architecture as Xbox One, just better?

Well if they move it to UWP, a Win 10 build isn't out of the question I would assume. I think you have to make games UWP apps now don't you?

They aren’t getting any kudos from me on this. I don’t feel right applauding a developer for fixing a botched game two years after release with little to no communication about fixes in the interim.

This is the bare minimum, frankly.

Pizza

The multiplayer worked alright for me when I played it like a year and a half ago. All the campaigns were flawless experiences.

I got it digitally for Xbox before I sold that console. If Microsoft suddenly let me download it on my pc I’d be giddy and do so immediately.

If I had to buy it again, maybe I would!

Now in 4k. 1k for each year its been since the collection was released.

(it would be absolutely amazing if they can pull this off even at this stage. Its been a cloud over Halo ever since)

wwm0nkey

The multiplayer worked alright for me when I played it like a year and a half ago. All the campaigns were flawless experiences.

I got it digitally for Xbox before I sold that console. If Microsoft suddenly let me download it on my pc I’d be giddy and do so immediately.

If I had to buy it again, maybe I would!

Whats mostly broken still is party matching and a few other things. SP stuff has worked fine for a bit, haven't had any corrupted saves like the first run through.

Appleman

Would an Xbox One X port actually fix the issues in split screen? Not saying that this shouldn’t have been fixed years ago, but that’d Maybe pique my interest

TheXbox

Better late than never.

I really, really hope they put some time into the Halo 3 port -- lighting, aiming, co-op, matchmaking latency, etc.. They're so close.

5pgetj5.jpg

I'm excited, but I'm also upset it took this long. The game will almost be four years old when this gets released.

Too late personally, I’ve moved on.

I’ve moved on from the franchise in general. 343i haven’t impressed me in anyway.

The original trilogy combined with ODST and Reach are some of my favorite gaming moments. The fond memories will always be there. The only way I’m going back to Halo and especially MCC is a PC release.

Izuna

Banned
I'd replay ODST.

Did all Legendary on all Campaigns so that's all I would want to do.

Would love a Play Anywhere version though.

The hell? I mean I appreciate it but it's kind of too little too late at this point. They blew it when this game came out. I'm still mad about it. It was the reason I bought an xbone.

With Halo 6 being an inevitable release, Microsoft is going to need to do everything they can to keep enough people interested in the Halo franchise. Sorting out the Master Chief Collection once and for all would help, just not maybe as much as a new standalone game based in the Halo universe would. What I'm trying to say, is that fixing the MCC will take less effort and money than making a whole new game before Halo 6.

I'm really happy about this communication and I'll definitely test the update as an Insider come the spring.

If "boost" with X1X doesn't provide a smooth Halo 4 splitscreen experience, I expect the official enhancement patch to finally get it down.

And let me echo that I want Reach in TMCC~

JaggedSac

They changed the matchmaking Apis at some point. MCC must be using the original ones.

Top Bottom