• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer responds to Sony's 'dig' at Gamescom

lifa-cobex

Exactly.

They must have gathered feedback on all of the rumored things, but since they didn't publicly announce anything until E3, they could have easily dismissed that negativity on "well, those people don't understand our vision yet, and when they do they'll love it".

Obviously that didn't work out.

Look, they've reversed most policies, they're giving the majority what they seemingly want. Some of you seem to want them punished in some way, as though they should go out of business or be flogged or something because they made some choices months ago you didn't like. It's not like they ran over your dog.

Its more down to costumer loyalty. I don't think anyone really wants MS to go away.
However people have spent a great deal of hard earned cash with them. For a company you have put so much investment in to turn around and spout the worst possible statements/ policy's for a gaming machine is disgusting.

The main problem for most is that they know what is lying at the hart of MS.
DR FUCKING M
MS have shown the true face and are now trying to mask it from fear of the competition.
Imagine if MS released the XB1 with no other competition. I would happily bet these policies would have stayed or been far worse.

The other main worry (for me anyway) is if they deiced at a later date to reinstate certain policy's that are hidden in other "features"

Personally I think its fine for Sony to have a pop at MS. Why the hell not? It's all true. Company's do it all the time.

The PS3 is on it's way to 100 million units life time. Sure, it's no PS2, but what console is (outside of DS, obviously)? I would hardly call it a failure.

Who is talking about sale numbers? I'm sure Windows Vista had respectable sales numbers as well when all was said and done, the thing is Sony lost millions of dollars for many years straight thanks to the PS3.

Hindle

Banned
I've owned a PS2, Gamecube, Xbox , 360 and PS3 (along with an assortment of handhelds). Out of all those machines, I considered myself primarily an Xbox gamer. They pushed me away and it will be awhile before I come back. I figure after about 2 years they will flush out who they need to from the management structure and things will get rolling again for them. That is what it will take for me: removing those associated with the DRM mess. Only then can I trust them fully. Once they drop the price around that time, I'll see about coming back.

But I don't see anything false from anyone. If it were false, Microsoft wouldn't have reacted the way they did. They certainly wouldn't be in the preorder mess they are in now over in Europe having to offer a free Fifa game just to keep their preorders.

Fair point and I hope in time you'll put aside your grievances, because this console will have awesome games from day one dude.

My comments are aimed at the people who tbh have Probabily never even owned a Xbox games console yet act all indignant when MS come out and explain themselves. Nothing will ever please them hence my stance above.

Joeki11a

Banned
Who is talking about sale numbers? I'm sure Windows Vista had respectable sales numbers as well when all was said and done, the thing is Sony lost millions of dollars for many years straight thanks to the PS3.

You need to realize something....
Sony survived 700 dollar Ps3 fiasco
the PS brand didnt die, they could of been done.

End it up selling more worldwide, Ps3 still in stores an active....Bluray the big push from 2006 is now on new Xbox one in 2013.

Let that sink in for a bit and remember all the trash MS talked about Bluray...

Sony feeling all types of good, it is all good they survived and are swinging for the fences
all the taunts have been only because MS has done stuff that leaves an opening for taunting.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't see this posted;

Andrew House on the 'digs'.
Asked about those press-conference references to Microsoft's strategy, House had this to say: "We tend to stay away from over analysing what the competition is up to. But I'll characterise it this way: I was surprised … we constructed our E3 presentation because there was somehow a suspicion that the policies and approaches taken by our competition would create an industry trend in that direction. The reason we made such a strong statement at E3, and continue to do so, is because we were surprised by that.

"We thought, perhaps slightly naively, that the current model worked quite well and was consumer friendly – and our goal was to be consistent on that. But given the speculation that was happening there, it apparently became necessary for us to make a statement and say what our intent was."

EDIT; The Guardian article; PS4 boss Andrew House: Xbox One policies surprised us.

New-thread worthy?

Fredrik

I think he's right though, them changing so much this late after all the complaints is definitely not something they should be criticized for, it's the best thing that could happen. Xbox One went from a no-buy to a day1-buy for me and lots of other people. (Day 1 in Sweden is sometimes next year though... :/ )

Hedge

Customer: "Hey MS, we don't want all that DRM stuff and online requirements."

MS: "....."

Customer: "Hey MS! We don't want that shit!"

MS: "....but cloud?"

Customer: "Fuck this shit, I ain't buying your product."

MS: "Whoa whoa hold on! We'll remove it OK? See we listen to your concerns."

Customer: "...."

Reply of the forever.

Top Bottom