• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic GAF |OT| The Park is closed, the World is open

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Rewrites can definitely work for endings. Not every rewrite is Suicide Squad :p Like Titanicn which had a better theatrical ending than the original.

Honestly, it just sounds like Colin and JA were constantly fine tuning the story together during the filming process:

“‘Jurassic’ ended up taking up more time and attention than I expected just because I care about it so much, I surprised myself by how much I wanted to be there for J.A. [Bayona], just as a writer. I remember directing a ‘Jurassic Park’ movie and how much I would have loved to have a writer to think about the dailies and wonder what alterations we could make that would make it that much more effective. I was there with him every day to try and provide something for him that I didn’t have myself.”

+

" I was the on-set writer for the movie, so I was there every day making sure that J.A. [Bayona, who is directing Jurassic World 2] had everything that he needed. It was just such a rich, positive collaboration and by far my favorite [production] experience in my life so far. J.A. and I are pretty deeply connected when it comes to this franchise and what it needs and the kind of risks that we want to take. We're definitely making a bold, new movie. It's not going to be the same old thing you've seen before. I love that partnership, and I can't wait for people to see what we've done."

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Ya'll are crazy.
The script page color differences are prevalent throughout that photo:

There's Green, White, Yellow, Blue and Gold.

The colors don't always denote rewrites or script revisions. They can also indicate shooting blocks or script drops. Meaning certain actors only get certain sections due to their limited involvement in the story. No sense in some extra having access to the entire script, or someone with a smaller part knowing all the details which could lead to potential leaks/spoilers.

Bryce has the full script because I'd imagine she's in the whole film.

Come on guys.

strafer

You know what worries me, she's been tweeting a lot about JW2 yet Chris Pratt havent said nuttin about it, is he even in the movie?

Osahi

You know guys, you should only be worried if a screenplay DOESN'T go trough revisions. Revisions are were the bulk of the writing and developing occurs, and where a screenplay turns from 'something' to 'something good' to 'something holy shit guys, this is so great, we'll film the shit out of this'. And then, usually you come on set and things change a bit, which has repercussions and some more writing happens to make everything even better.

It's normal creative proces, that's true for books, plays and the likes too. Hell, even 'On the Road', which is supposed to be a stream of consious-like work that Kerouac crapped out in one continous sitting, was written and edited many, many times until Kerouac new all the ins and outs and was able to write the final version in one big perfect push.

For sure - my main interest is in documentation - documentation that notes the end of the film has seen a heavy rewrite. I'd love to know if the story changed like JP and TLW eventually, and by discussing this now it opens the door for people to bring it up down the road.

I'm sure some people will go into panic mode, though.

strafer

KmPiHWi.png

It's actually a typo, it's supposed to be Fallon Kingdom. Jimmy Fallon will be reprising his beloved role as Jimmy Fallon, and will declare himself King of Jurassic World, with his loyal squire, Jimmy Buffett.

I love that title.

I would have preferred just something like Jurassic Kingdom, however, that would be misleading and not make a lot of sense and sound like a new theme park. Also, calling it just Fallen Kingdom doesn't have "Jurassic" anywhere in the title, so that doesn't really work either.

I'm down. At least it's not The Fallen Kingdom: Jurassic World

Pachimari

I'm glad they are sticking to Jurassic World. It's like a Jurassic Park but for a new generation. In 20 years they can rename it Jurassic Something again.

Jawmuncher

It's actually a typo, it's supposed to be Fallon Kingdom. Jimmy Fallon will be reprising his beloved role as Jimmy Fallon, and will declare himself King of Jurassic World, with his loyal squire, Jimmy Buffett.

So Chris Pratt has to go in and take the throne from him? I'd watch that.

I hope the pressure from fans doesn't make Colin leave, I really want him to make a Star Wars movie.

He's not going to leave from feeling pressure. Everyone that works on any beloved property is going to feel pressure. People bitched to high heaven about Star Trek Into Darkness and were slaying Abrams before he even got behind the camera. Then they slayed him for making a movie "too much like the OT" which is what like 99% of the fanbase screamed about Lucas not fucking doing on the prequels.

Nah. They don't leave because of loud mouthed vocal minority haters. If they got on message boards and followed the orders of fanboys and armchair producers/directors everything would be a gigantic dumpster fire.

Colin wouldn't drop out.

He wouldn't be fired either. Despite all my issues with him, it's clear that he can wrangle a 9-digit production, he doesn't have an unconventional production style, and he will stick to the script. Which is his script anyway, so he wouldn't have Kasdan freaking out even if he did go off-script.

Colin's in this for the long haul.

Yeah, I don't love the title at all

Logo is in the right direction - now change those cracks to magma fissures.

Btw, that image I posted up there, that dinos head IS a animatronic. There is also a fully body animatronic on set, sadly no pics.

Yeah, I don't love the title at all

Logo is in the right direction - now change those cracks to magma fissures.

Btw, that image I posted up there, that dinos head IS a animatronic. There is also a fully body animatronic on set, sadly no pics.

Magma might be a little on the nose/cheesy methinks. I guess I'd have to see it though.

Top Bottom