• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paragon Open Beta Thead | PC x PS4

Eggbok

How the hell am I being blinded by Phase after I use Revenants Reckoning on someone!? His special is broken af right now, half the match it wouldn't even go into nether realm when I use it. Then on top of that if I go into the nether realm with one person everyone else can still attack me !???

How the hell am I being blinded by Phase after I use Revenants Reckoning on someone!? His special is broken af right now, half the match it wouldn't even go into nether realm when I use it. Then on top of that if I go into the nether realm with one person everyone else can still attack me !???

Rev's ult should be very simple:

You ult a person and both of you vanish from the fight for a set period of time or until one of you dies. Nobody can interact with either of you.

Instead it's a mishmash of nonsense mechanics. It's also pretty lame how after you get the kill you stay in the realm until the ult is up.

Eggbok

Rev's ult should be very simple:

You ult a person and both of you vanish from the fight for a set period of time or until one of you dies. Nobody can interact with either of you.

Instead it's a mishmash of nonsense mechanics. It's also pretty lame how after you get the kill you stay in the realm until the ult is up.

That's how it usually works, the last few days it's been broken. I was Rev fighting Phase, Morigesh and Crunch. I use it on Morigesh, I shoot her one time and then boom I get stun punched by Crunch and then Phase runs up and blinds me and I die. I'm in the nether realm while this is happening, like wtf!?? The only person that should see me is Morigesh not all 3 of them. Rev's ult instantly because a waste.

Edit: Just played a game, my team only had 2 deaths total. That never happens, I'm in shock lol. We slaughtered the other team.

I'm really interested in this card rework. I was playing Paragon when it went free for ps+ members. I've taken some breaks, mostly because of Monolith. Part of me misses legacy, but not the travel mode. I hope I can come back to an even better game with the card rework.

Mindlog

As always Sylphin ran some math on the new guy.
~3:4 Attack Speed:power
100% Crit also surprisingly viable.

Other great nuggets. Check the video for more. These are invaluable for framing my understanding of a hero. Invite him back Epic :]
* Also can't forget to mention, Narendur. Numbers!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I love abusing the Scope to kill minions with one shot
Holy shit chip away, half health, Blam!, CXP, MP fully refunded, repeat till you get bored, you never will

Also lol at his Ultimate, 2 guys in PvE rushed 4 bots, botg were near death, ran in, Ult'd, invised them all with a Khaimera trailing me, so he just cleaned house with me, saving my members, would be awesome to see in competitive

That scope is too much fun to shoot through geometry

GraveRobberX

How I plan out everything, so OCD of me lol

MuubJtF.jpg

HdS3YGT.jpg

Yeah...

GraveRobberX

Shinbi had a game breaking bug

Got removed until they can fix it

Got frozen, couldn't use abilities or even basic attacks
Nothing like Grux in a Box

Frame rate cap is set to unlimited in the options menu, with matches usually running around 140-150fps, but tonight my games have been capped to 60 fps for some reason.

ZeroCoin

Playing is making use of the drops...

I think the point, whether you agree or not, is that there's no sense in earning more cards or tweaking decks just to play against the ai. The ai doesn't even stand a chance against mediocre players using the starter deck. At that point, the game night as well become a clicker with a slower treadmill.

GraveRobberX

I think the point, whether you agree or not, is that there's no sense in earning more cards or tweaking decks just to play against the ai. The ai doesn't even stand a chance against mediocre players using the starter deck. At that point, the game night as well become a clicker with a slower treadmill.

Ok what gives you and others the right to tell me how to play Paragon
I enjoy logging in, getting rewarded, go play against who I have fun against by doing different things not possible in PvP

I create stupid objectives for myself, like kill with ability only, use CXP after earning cxp for 3 minute intervals
Stay out as long as possible without upgrades
Create stupid decks for the "lels" like full attack speed Riktor, "Power"house Muriel, Tanks/Health Narbash, etc.

Maybe I enjoy Co-Op and not the cesspool that is PvP
I played a PvP game where we won and a Khaimera told me in chat "KYF", you know "kill yourself" cause I GTFO as Grim an enemy that escaped the clutches of said Khaimera and was returning to base behind their tier 2 tower
That player harassed me rest of the game of "stealing" his prey/kill

I have the same thing said to me on Reddit like, "lolwat?, you've played 1500+ bot games, what is wrong with you?"
I'm like, I'm enjoying the game?
I'm playing PvE and investing money into the game...

Everybody doesn't need to be doing PvP mode, some players truly just enjoy being in PvE

I grind and play and not have to worry about "meta" (still follow PvP news, so I'm in the know), salty and toxic players, sometimes absurd matches were I can't dedicate that much time with my health issues (spinal surgery and my atrophied legs that shake uncontrollably with nerve damage, so I have to move around 20-25 minutes to calm then), don't really see any incentive to PvP

So there you go, if you have a problem with me posting here about how I play Paragon I'll stop
Looks like people are more concerned with how a player plays a game to their tune and doesn't follow the march

BurningNad

I think that, whether you agree or not, having fun using those drops in any way, is making use of the drops. You don't have to play PvP to use decks, cards, skins, or whatever. If you're having fun doing your own thing, why would anyone else have the right to shit on it? People need to just worry about their own fun and gameplay. Live and let live.

Ploid 3.0

I only play vs AI too. The only way I would play a moba. Super fast matches, HOTS even have pause.

I also only play Overwatch pve, I wish they had raids and loot.

ZeroCoin

I think that, whether you agree or not, having fun using those drops in any way, is making use of the drops. You don't have to play PvP to use decks, cards, skins, or whatever. If you're having fun doing your own thing, why would anyone else have the right to shit on it? People need to just worry about their own fun and gameplay. Live and let live.

No, the point is that it doesn't matter if I agree.

Just an attempt to clarify what was being said. As I started my post, no need to agree that PvP is the only reason to play the game, but that's the point that I believe molnizzle was trying to make. Plenty of room for people to do whatever.

Zavist

I have not played for few months and I have a question - Was Phase's Ultimate or the blind mechanic updated after initial release?

I have come to the conclusion that Wraith is bad. Not totally bad, he just has no placement on the map. Incredibly weak mid laner due to not having push ability and quick wake clearing abilities. So many better options for mid lane like Countess, Howie, Gadget, Gideon, and Fey.

Not a carry obviously.

Off lane is even worse for him than mid lane due to no wave clearing abilities and dealing with 2 enemies instead of one.

I haven't played as Wraith. Going off many games of seeing him struggle mightily against casters mid lane in my games.

GraveRobberX

I have not played for few months and I have a question - Was Phase's Ultimate or the blind mechanic updated after initial release?

She did get adjusted
Blind mechanic was nerfed, regen, and her Root that can hit players on the Legacy map

She's still a go to, but not OP has to be in the team or you lose kind of scenario
She's strong as Support but brought down a few levels

SSReborn

Question regarding vs AI I don't really play it at all other than to test a new character during their release or test aspects of a build but I'm curious about the difficulty. I noticed that when going to try wraith they have a 5 point difficulty scale now. Is it more difficult relative to it's highest level than prior to said change?

GraveRobberX

Question regarding vs AI I don't really play it at all other than to test a new character during their release or test aspects of a build but I'm curious about the difficulty. I noticed that when going to try wraith they have a 5 point difficulty scale now. Is it more difficult relative to it's highest level than prior to said change?

Solo vs AI has difficulty levels from 1 to 5
5 the bots put in work and do everything to annoy the ever living shit out of you from getting an easy win

In Co-Op it depends on the team, if a new player joins, games gets turned down to difficulty of say 1 or 2 but if it's all players that are decent go good it jumps up the difficulty to 4 to 5

I've seen it myself were a 4-5 difficulty game has happened and co-op players went double digits into deaths and just got outplayed by freaking bots
Hell I was shook that I earned 3 deaths from misplacing my wards away from where I should have put them and got punished

The Rampage, Belica, Gadget combo with those 3 bots laid waste to my team, I was playing Feng Mao
I destroyed Tier 2 tower in Safe lane, no wards (on cool down), went for inhib thinking yeah bots are busy with other lanes, then out of nowhere I hear Rampages rock throw gurgle and sound effect, just as I realize he flanked me, launches it perfectly, jump pounces me, right as Belica does her stun and void bomb combo wombo, Gadget shows up and lobs a mine ticking away my death...

I got outplayed lol, I mean I was foolish to try to take inhibitor at 15minutes with 35CXP and level 10 Feng
I was like damn these bots on are a whole new level

Now they have wards up at all times, they protect flanking by putting them in the Jungle!
Not just Rampage or Grux leaving 1 right near Raptors in between Mid and Off, that is a given.
Nope now Off and Safe put 1 each in the river area to get a ping
Hell whoever the bot Jungler is they constantly rotate and ward the river and take buffs!

It's fun fighting bots that are a challenge, it pisses me when I get the herp derp 1 difficulty bots, hope they bring difficulty to co-op too
I'd keep it 5 at all times
Games last 20-30 minutes, you do need Raptors and Orb Prime cause those bots put more effort than real players in Silver and Gold tier of unranked

GraveRobberX

Someone on the subreddit did a PSA on Essential Editions and worked out some logistics and pricing, I jumped on it and getting 4 copies delivered to me for $56 total

so 24,000 coins to go along with my 16,700 that I have, will have $400 worth of coins, haha for roughly $100 total

Groupon had a $15 coupon for $40 worth of google express
Used 2 new gmail accounts, bought 2 coupons, 2 copies from Frys each
So $15 + $15 +$12 +$12 +tax = $56 (removed $50 from total to benefiting $25 bonus per transaction!)

Best Buy also has EE for sale for $21-$23 (I forget) and has Game Club Unlocked dropping price to $18 per copy, not bad for 6000 coins, pay $18 get $60 in game funny money
Also skins and Masteries + rep Boosts too

GraveRobberX

But the only skin I really want right now is Magma Grux 😟

People are getting blessed by RNGesus for Week 1 roll as seen on reddit
I got Gold Chest x3 =/
"Everything was Rep"_doland.jpg

3 Weeks left but I'm weary I'm gonna miss out on this one
Have the Scarab Beetle one, so not a huge loss, already mastered Grux would be a waste to even show it off... Grrr!

ShdwDrake

Banned
I have come to the conclusion that Wraith is bad. Not totally bad, he just has no placement on the map. Incredibly weak mid laner due to not having push ability and quick wake clearing abilities. So many better options for mid lane like Countess, Howie, Gadget, Gideon, and Fey.

Not a carry obviously.

Off lane is even worse for him than mid lane due to no wave clearing abilities and dealing with 2 enemies instead of one.

I haven't played as Wraith. Going off many games of seeing him struggle mightily against casters mid lane in my games.

I have a 3.82 Kda with Wraith in the offlane. He's phenomenal vs melee supports but sadly they are not meta or he would be better. Is very good at staving off dives, you can trade with the sup if they try to zone you from exp, you can farm from far off. Im 1391 elo playing pretty much only solo so I'm pretty sure I'm decent at the game (according to agora.gg).

molnizzle

Just an attempt to clarify what was being said. As I started my post, no need to agree that PvP is the only reason to play the game, but that's the point that I believe molnizzle was trying to make. Plenty of room for people to do whatever.

I wasn't even making a point, just asking questions to try and understand the thought process behind min-maxing your reward drops just to fight AI. You can steamroll AI with starter decks, so why go through all that trouble? My post was in response to someone who had literally typed out a schedule to maximize his rewards for PvE. Just seems excessive is all.

I pretty much only play co-op myself and I hardly pay attention to what's going on with the rewards because I literally don't need anything. lol

Does anyone on PC play with a controller? I've been playing with M+KB but I feel like it's the type of game that might feel better to me to play with a controller, but would I be at a massive disadvantage doing that?

Been playing a lot of Phase and Narbash, but i'm having problems being effective as Narbash. I've only come back to the game recently so I haven't been making my own decks very much, but I feel like his default one is not good at all. I feel like my healing song doesn't heal enough, but it also drains all my mana to use. What's good stats to go for on him? I'm thinking of making a deck that has power and mana regen, but would flat mana be better?

Also, should I be roaming as a support or not? Every match i've been in I try to roam around and help different lanes that are pinging for help, since a lot of time in the bot lane it's me and a carry vs 1 person, and they don't need me to babysit them when it's not a 2v2. When I do this I end up being super underleveled compared to everyone else, so i'm not sure if it's worth roaming or if I should just stick with my carry.

TheRed

So how's the balancing going in this game? I stopped playing soon after Monolith first came out. Lots of big changes were happening so thought it'd be best to just wait it out so I don't get burnt out on the game before it actually becomes really great. Like how I put thousands of hours into Dota 2 beta, and now when it's a more complete product I don't care to play it at all.

Anyway have interesting metas and strategies been formed for Monolith now with a ton to learn? That's what I liked on Legacy but when Monolith came out everyone was just all over the place. Have they settled on how they're designing the card system so there's not a bunch of weird redundancies? Took a break when all of that was up in the air and being changed.

I'm interested in playing some more of this soon.

ShdwDrake

Banned
So how's the balancing going in this game? I stopped playing soon after Monolith first came out. Lots of big changes were happening so thought it'd be best to just wait it out so I don't get burnt out on the game before it actually becomes really great. Like how I put thousands of hours into Dota 2 beta, and now when it's a more complete product I don't care to play it at all.

Anyway have interesting metas and strategies been formed for Monolith now with a ton to learn? That's what I liked on Legacy but when Monolith came out everyone was just all over the place. Have they settled on how they're designing the card system so there's not a bunch of weird redundancies? Took a break when all of that was up in the air and being changed.

I'm interested in playing some more of this soon.

You should wait again. Big update looks slated for August. Its supposed to be a Monolith level balance pass.

GraveRobberX

Day 121-135 Daily Login Rewards

MEjJWIF.jpg

Day

121. x100 Topaz
122. x175 Reputation
123. x10 Coins
124. x250 Shrapnel
125. Rep Boost: 6 Wins
126. x350 Reputation
127. x250 Metal
129. Bronze Chest
129. x100 Algae
130. x15,000 Reputation
131. Silver Chest
132. x500 Metal
133. x175 Reputation
134. x250 Cursed Soul
135. Diamond Chest

So x1450 in Card Materials, x10 coins, 1 Boost, 3 Chests, 15,750 Reputation for Day 121-135

180. Black Snakebite Murdock

GraveRobberX

My 4 copies of Essentials Editions came today!
24,000 Coins for $56!

iFz7W8ul.jpg

Thank you Groupon + Google Express + Fry's Electronics, that combo saved me roughly $45

Absurd amount of coins now:
R0yewR2.jpg

Top Bottom