• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen |OT| We don't praise the sun around here

Kallor

Holy fuck. 4 hours in and I'm not sure I want to keep going. Loving souls as much as I do is making me dislike this game more and more.

- Its fucking SLOOOOOOW
- The camera is even worse than Souls
- bugs/crashes even after a 5gb patch.
- enemies are so annoying/badly designed and just take forever to kill sometimes. So redoing areas is fuckin horrible and not fun like Souls at all
- The boss fights are horrible. I've beaten three now. Just finished Worshipper. SMH
- Story/writing/voice acting are all bad but forgivable.
- Hitboxes: Swing miss swing miss swing miss. Half a foot away and I can't hit you with my 10 foot long 400 pound hammer? Fuck you.
- Feeling like: Where the fuck am I? should I be here yet?

Is there any reason to keep pushing through this? Does it pick up/speed up/get any better at all? I feel like I've seen this game at its best already. I really want to like this game. I can't believe my brother who hates Dark Souls bought and beat this game and enjoyed it.

I hope they can put together a proper sequel because it does have potential.

DarkFlame

Banned
Haven't played this game,but from what i get opinions are really contradictory on this one.

Others love it,others hate it.

If we put aside the comparison with Soul series,is this game worth playing? They recently released a Complete Edition only for 30 €

Haven't played this game,but from what i get opinions are really contradictory on this one.

Others love it,others hate it.

If we put aside the comparison with Soul series,is this game worth playing? They recently released a Complete Edition only for 30 €

It's alright, I paid £17 for it, I hot to the last boss and just couldn't be bothered to finish it as it's a bit of a crap fight, it does a few things well enough but overall it's a bit too clunky and unrefined I felt. I think the Souls comparisons are inevitable but even without those it's just a bit "off" by all means give it a go and make your own mind up, I felt I got value for money at that price and it filled a gaming gap, if I had to score it I would probably say 6.5/10.

Wagram

Considering buying this, but not sure for what Platform. I heard the console version is a mess, but also crashing issues on PC, etc.

Been waiting for it to become cheap.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The PS4 version crashed on me at least once, had some heavy screen tearing in one particular area (the planetarium place), and had constant framerate drops.

However, I played it before one of the major patches so maybe that's been improved...

I have only just played it and it had 5gb worth of patches so I presume it sorted it out, definitely no crashes and I don't remember any screen tearing but that could just be down to me not noticing it, I still don't know what people are talking about when they mention frame pacing in bloodborne, it must be my eyes.

I don't think carrying over the complete lack of map/quest markers from souls was a good idea. I have to find Kaslo and go to some laboratory but I have no ideai f I'm in the right area or if I should keep progressing forward or what.

okay sorry for triple posting but even for $12 I feel like this was a bad idea

this worshipper boss is awful....

wish I bought physical so I could return it

edit: HOW THE FUCK DO YOU BEAT THIS THING

I only have two potions and even knowing how to avoid his aoes doesn't matter, fuck this is more frustrating than anything in souls solely because it's such a shit fight

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Anybody still playing this? I started it recently since it got compared to the Souls-series, and honestly find it pretty disappointing compared to the Souls-games. But even a bad Souls-like is enjoyable imo, so probably going to play through it. The game feels really easy compared to Souls so far though, which might become boring later.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Anybody still playing this? I started it recently since it got compared to the Souls-series, and honestly find it pretty disappointing compared to the Souls-games. But even a bad Souls-like is enjoyable imo, so probably going to play through it. The game feels really easy compared to Souls so far though, which might become boring later.
Whatever enjoyment might be in this game is snuffed out by the ludicrousness of boss-fight design. These folks don't have a damned clue what people like about Souls' bosses. Good luck finding the fun... I couldn't.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
The bosses really suck yeah. On the third one now (in the graveyard) and this guy has an attack that freaking takes all my life and there doesnt seem to be a good way to dodge it :(

I was thinking about finally picking this up on the cheap and wondered if the main DLC was worth getting too? The physical copy that includes the DLC is a tenner more and I'm erring on the side of it's not really worth it, but wanted to ask on opinions here first.

I did pass on this when it came out because honestly I thought it looked like ass, but I've been dipping in and out of watching LobosJr's The Surge playthrough and it's kind of sold me on that game, but I want to play LOTF first - because I know if I like the Surge I'll end up buying LOTF too, and if I play it afterwards, well, it will probably seem even worse in comparison!

Dr.Wampe

The bosses really suck yeah. On the third one now (in the graveyard) and this guy has an attack that freaking takes all my life and there doesnt seem to be a good way to dodge it :(

Sorry for the late post, but i beat that boss about an hour ago. you have to hide in these tombs with the lamps in them, as soon as he is is summoning these blue mists on the ground. Oh and he can smash those tombs with his stomp attack. he will then get stunned. Good luck for the next part of the fight ;)

Top Bottom