• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Mix

15460270388_7aef966913_o.png

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Official Thread 2

Halo: MCC Launched on November 11th, 2014 to relatively positive response, despite the reviewers not being able to access the full multiplayer suite as it was locked behind a massive 15GB day one update. Once the Multiplayer suite launched however, many people's opinions were swayed. It launched with an unfortunate number of bugs including but not limited to constant crashes, game freezing and kicking players from the game and many many more that have been fixed in the last month since launch. 343 continue to make it their priority to release updates to fix the game, even pushing back the release of the successor to their mobile game Spartan Assault, titled Spartan Strike to "early 2015".
At this point in time, there are still several issues, but it continues to get better with every patch. The game is now playable and many playlists have returned to an 8 player count as opposed to the 10 player count once introduced to help with match making times. This thread will be updated regularly as updates release, starting with the next one which is scheduled for sometime early in the week of December 15th, so stay tuned.

Halo Nightfall wrapped up recently, you can catch it on the Halo Channel, watch all 5 episodes of Locke and Co. as they walk around a fragment of a Halo ring and try to destroy it while dealing with turmoil between the two groups.

Halo 5: Guardians Beta runs from December 29th, 2014 - January 18th, 2015. For a period of 3 weeks, hopefully the servers will be up and running well enough for it to work. It introduces plenty of changes for us to test out almost a full year before release, so make sure you're vocal about the what you like or don't like so 343 can apply the changes accordingly.

Also, check out Reclaimer Radio, it's a Halo Podcast consisting of several HaloGAFers such as myself, a zoojoo, Ghazi, and Subzero At A Starbucks. It's community focused with an informational wrapper. We like Halo.

See you on the battlefield.

Archpath1

definitely bummed by the launch, seen improvements, but man it shouldn't of happened.

just anticipating the Beta now. please work.

dat title.....idk

"i know what the ladies like."

I still think that 'Searching: Just Dustin Echoes' was the better title for this.

Since the new update yesterday the game has just stuck on the initial loading screen and we had to delete and reinstall to fix, still installing now.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
So I don't play online, and I haven't played a Halo other than the Halo 2 single-player (which I enjoyed).

How's this collection if I were to strictly play single-player and nothing else?

Wow the title is so awful. There were so many good ones in the last thread cmon. On topic, MCC works better for me now when I search alone. I've lost the drive to play it though because all my friends have gone back to CoD.

Pez

I have to wonder how much the player population has been ravaged due to all the technical problems...

Booshka

So I don't play online, and I haven't played a Halo other than the Halo 2 single-player (which I enjoyed).

How's this collection if I were to strictly play single-player and nothing else?

Make sure you don't save and quit mid-level. Complete the level before you quit the game. Your checkpoints can get eaten by the Guardians and you might have to restart the entire level.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Make sure you don't save and quit mid-level. Complete the level before you quit the game. Your checkpoints can get eaten by the Guardians and you might have to restart the entire level.

Pfffft fuck that. I'll get Sunset Overdrive and pick this up when/if it ever works.

Madness

cHxwPW9.gif

What a difference a month makes. Most hype completely deflated.

I liked Sephzilla's Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT2| - Don't Make a Fanbase a Promise, If You Know You Cant Keep It.

Nice title. We're in the home stretch, let's see if 343 can fix this thing before Christmas.

Then we get to go back to bitching about playlist settings like old times :p

Top Bottom