• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cult of Chucky Trailer

SaintZ

The trailer for the new Chucky movies has been released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clf5gvFklpo

It looks entertaining. Curse of Chucky was really solid tbh so I'm excited for this one. Chucky's face looks weird tho.

chucky7_bd_3d_o-card.jpg

Cult of Chucky is out on Oct 3.

ETA: Red Band Trailer

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So In.

Loved the last few movies for how campy they are. Almost Sharknado levels of "so bad, it's good".

ElRenoRaven

AWWWWWW YEA BOYYYY!!!!!!

I love these movies. They've really wiped the taste of bride and seed out of my mouth with the last one and this one is looking like another great one.

_Nemo

Is this dude still trying to get a human body or is he just solely on a murder spree at this point?

The trailer doesn't do much for me but I'll watch any Child's Play / Chucky film. Grew up on the first three so will always be curious enough to watch the sequels.

ElRenoRaven

Can't be no worse than the third one.

Yea thankfully they went back to horror and not dogshit with the last one. They came to their senses and realized that Bride and Seed were complete and total horseshit. Curse was pretty damn good and by the looks of this one this is gonna be another good one.

When I tell people that I'm a fan of the series, I always get dirty looks until I clarify that I'm not referring to the two hour long Nine Inch Nails video starring Katherine Heigl or the one where Jennifer Tilly gets artificially insemenated with Chucky's sperm via a turkey baster.

Curse of Chucky was great and fit well with the original trilogy, this looks decent too.

Leunam

There were only two Child's Play movies before Bride of Chucky? I thought it was a long series before that like Halloween or Friday the 13th.

his design looks so off.

looks like it could be a fun romp. hopefully it ends up on nflx one day

how far off has his lore gotten? I think the last I saw was bride of chucky - so i think i missed seed and curse

Bad trailer, but still very excited. Curse of Chucky is probably the best of the Child's Plays. Also I love his eyes in this one. Something about them spooked the hell out of me.

I just read an article where Don Mancini was aware of the complaints directed at certain parts of Curse where Chucky's face looked weird and that they had nailed it this time.

That being said, what the fuck is up with his face? Even the regular stand in good guy doll looks off where Curse's stand in was identical to Child's Play 1. There were a few shots in the trailer where it looked OK but this is a step down in design overall. Hopefully the rest of the movie is closer to Curse's quality than it is to Seed of Chucky.

Now that I've got that out of the way.

God is real! Child's Play 7! I'm so glad this series survived the remake wave of the 2000's.

On who? Why?

In Curse of Chucky, the survivor girl noted that Chucky suffers from competition impulses. As she gets carted away to the mental hospital, she taunts him about it. In a post-credits sequence, Chucky tries again to get the jump on a now fully grown Andy, proving her point. This movie is supposed to follow up with Chucky's frustration in failing to kill Andy and Curse of Chucky girl while also indulging in surreal horror associated with a person losing their mind.

Making a prediction after watching the trailer again.

There's a couple of shots where Chucky's face has a different shape, I'm guessing the second doll is Glenn/Glenda.

Making a prediction after watching the trailer again.

There's a couple of shots where Chucky's face has a different shape, I'm guessing the second doll is Glenn/Glenda.

Don Manchini has already said that this movie was going to incorporate all the characters from previous Chucky movies so...

There's a distinct possibility you're right, although I thought Glen/Glenda got split into two different dolls by the end of seed

I'm just so happy this movie exists. I want them to keep making them forever. Along with Halloween, Friday the 13th, and Nightmare on Elm Street. AND I want more Sleepaway Camps.

Don Manchini has already said that this movie was going to incorporate all the characters from previous Chucky movies so...

There's a distinct possibility you're right, although I thought Glen/Glenda got split into two different dolls by the end of seed

I can't even remember that. I haven't watched Seed since opening night in theaters. Guess I'm do for a rewatch of the series.

While we're here

1. Child's Play
2. Child's Play 2
3. Bride of Chucky (I love it)
4. Curse of Chucky
5. Child's Play 3
6. Seed

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I was the kid who was terrified seeing the VHS box at the store. I enjoyed the original 3 films for what they were. I purchased Seed and Curse of Chucky and they were ok. Seed was not that good if you ask me.

I was hoping this would have something interesting. The parts with Andy look interesting, but is this in the beginning? Is he gonna die?

Being in a mental ward is kinda creepy. No one believes you if you think a doll is killing people.

Sou Da

Yea thankfully they went back to horror and not dogshit with the last one. They came to their senses and realized that Bride and Seed were complete and total horseshit. Curse was pretty damn good and by the looks of this one this is gonna be another good one.
What's weird is that those are still Canon.

I'm just so happy this movie exists. I want them to keep making them forever. Along with Halloween, Friday the 13th, and Nightmare on Elm Street. AND I want more Sleepaway Camps.
Problem with those other series is they just don't have a visionary and leader like the Chucky movies have.

Top Bottom