• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: FFXV aka why am i jumping when all I want to do is talk to you

rocK`

Banned
After playing Persona 5, I decided to go back and start FFXV, having liked the demo enough to play the full game. I'm now in Chapter 6, gaining momentum in the story line, but I cannot say I'm enjoying it well enough. There's just such weird design decisions that were made that seem overlooked from many of the threads that I've seen and read here and on /r/ffxv.

Namely,

Interactions:

It's really weird to have such a beautiful game (and it is, without a doubt one of the most beautiful games I've had the pleasure of playing) have such wonky animations, or ill placed design decisions. Of that list is the 'pushing' of your friends when you do a sharp turn around. You essentially just knock them the fuck away and they react as if you just stepped on their dog. Then go back to talking about how great friends you are.

Also, riding chocobos with your friends, they will sometimes just keep running into a knee high wall until you jump. Weird. Why not keep them behind me?

Another is the driving, for a game that built itself around the roadtrip theme, you'd think that driving was something that was solid. But no, it's clunky and a chore. If it wasn't for the theme songs they put in I'd probably fall asleep at the wheel more often than not.

Finally, with interactions is the binding of 'X' (or A? for Xbone) to both jump and interact. The amount of times I have to sweet spot interactions to A, not jump in front of them like a mad man or B, focus on getting an item vs. repeating the same dialogue is kind of insane.

Combat:

Combat is pretty weird. I don't get a sense of accomplishment from it, and it can very likely be me. Either it's a cake walk or every hit just puts ignis/prompto into Danger where Gladios at full HP.

If I do get knocked down (mostly because I get impatient and just want to get in there), having to run around to pray the NPC stops whatever it is that they are doing to pat me on the back and then pray that the mobs don't insta-knock me down again is kind of a pain.

I get by now by mostly holding Square (or 'X' on Xbone) and baiting out to parry or just wait for a good opening. I often let my teammates die because I can solo them with good / smart play. Ignis does nothing but recoup to keep the other two alive.

Sometimes, however, if there are a lot of mobs in tight quarters there's a good chance I'm getting stun locked with no recourse/invincible frame moves to get me out. It's pretty bad design.

I also find myself tearing through elixirs because of the black life crap. Also dumb.

The game is fairly easy/simple and I already feel I'm out leveling despite not doing any sidequests (around 30 now).

Elemancy/putting a limit on spells, yuck. I didn't like it in FF8 (my favorite FF) and I definitely don't like it here.

Also, I found a bug where it keeps me in combat mode until I back track to the mob that started it (usually if I'm on a chocobo racing to another point) that's a pretty dumb bug.

EXP/Leveling:

This does not feel rewarding at all. It seems fairly simple to do and the points are arbitrary. Down a mob that's 5 levels higher than you? here's a measly 200xp. Get food for a cat? here''s 2.5k.

The lack of consistency/proportions to what you actually do makes the game feel less rewarding and more random. Again, I barely did any side missions and I'm overlevelled. How is that fun?

Lore:

I'm getting quite tired of the FF universe post FF12. I'm surprised that with the greater technology they have to tell their stories SQEnix still stays close to the magitek universe and try something else. Could be me just getting tired of FF in general. Thought they took more of a poetic license in FF7/FF8.

Anyway, likely going to give it a couple more hours before I put it away. it obviously boils down to personal preference, but I saw these as such poor design decisions I'd thought it'd get more notice.

TissueBox

LOL hilarious subtitle, the binding does make for some funny off-timed moments. xD I don't think the traversal was over-animated as I really enjoyed watching how they moved and stepped around each other though.

If you didn't really enjoy it 'til now, it probably won't be redeemed at any further point, but hey truck on as far as you can to see how it all clams together.

Yeah, I found my experience with the game galling most of the time. It felt like half of my play time was me losing control of my character and watching some frivolous animation I've seen countless times. Due to its sluggish animation fluff, I never really thought the game respected my time. It truly seemed like a game designed to waste my time.

The combat was acceptable at least.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Japanese version had jump and interact/talk as different buttons, I believe.

Osukaa

I wanna play the game but with all the updates and changes they keep doing I really feel like I should wait till next year... I love Final Fantasy but I don't think this is a game I'd be willing to replay if they made an update or changed a scene after I finished the game once already. Id rather play it once with all the updates changes, dlc, etc and not have to think back about what I missed..

Magnus

OP describes most of the game's problems well. It's just not a great product at the end of the day. So many design fundamentals ignored. I regret my time with it, honestly.

It's funny because the jumping/examining threshold became a lot better after the first patch.

I still love this big sloppy clumsy lovable great dane of an rpg though. Can't wait for replay it once all the updates come out.

Squire

Banned
It's honestly AAA garbage at its worst with a huge apologist movement. I think some people felt so burned by FFXIII they're latching on to nearly anything.

FFXVs biggest achievement is that it released; Not that it's finished, but that it is technically sold in a box on store shelves.

RedAssedApe

Banned
lol

yeah having the action button on the same button as jump has been super annoying...like trying to pick up things where there are multiple items in a small radius (food ingredients, ore)

I actually like the combat despite teammate ai being super dumb and never dodging anything. It hasn't been as bad after unlocking the two accessory slots and bumping hp/vit for prompto and ignis. I suppose the game would be too easy without black life but that mechanic is stupid without good teammate AI since you start burning there your healing items.

story has been pretty nonexistent so far. holy shit at that info dump while you're riding the boat to altissia. i literally nodded off several times. don't remember what they talked about either...i'm not quite sure why i'm hunting for summons or why the empire doesn't fucking kill me even though they've had multiple chances to and the world already thinks i'm dead so who cares? but i guess there's going to be a twist with this chancellor character or something.

It's honestly AAA garbage at its worst with a huge apologist movement. I think some people felt so burned by FFXIII they're latching on to nearly anything.

FFXVs biggest achievement is that it released; Not that it's finished, but that it is technically sold in a box on store shelves.

I'm going to have to disagree. Between beating the xbox and ps4 versions i put well over 120 hours and i plan on jumping in again when all the dlc and patches are out.

It's not a masterpiece, but by god just because it's not one doesn't mean it's garbage. It's still better than 90% of the games I've played in the last year.

Turin

Banned
Best thing about it isn't even gameplay related. Just sitting back letting Ignis drive and listening to old school FF music.

I had a fairly good time with it but I wouldn't play through it again. Definitely with the bottom half of the series.

I'm going to have to disagree. Between beating the xbox and ps4 versions i put well over 120 hours and i plan on jumping in again when all the dlc and patches are out.

It's not a masterpiece, but by god just because it's not one doesn't mean it's garbage. It's still better than 90% of the games I've played in the last year.

To each his own, but that game was one of the biggest disappointments of my life. I didn't expect it to be my favorite, but I expected at the least, an ok FF game with a passable story. What I got was a 90's MMO status grind fest, with one of the worst stories I've ever seen in gaming from a respected franchise. When I got to a certain place
after summoning leviathan, like 30 hours in for me and luna dies right after meeting her
, I was fucking done.

I'm not one to nitpick a game to death if it does a thing or two well. But it was a collossal failure at everything but graphics/sound/animation basically. Looked dope AF, music was great.But If 16 isnt really good in other departments, one of my most beloved franchises in my life is considered dead to me. That's how bad this game was for me :(

Squire

Banned

I'd say you wasted that 120 hours, but if you enjoyed it more power to you.

I do think it's trash though, yes. I'm not asking for perfection. What I do want is:

-a coherent narrative
-gameplay that's actually smooth and strategic and not sluggish and completely destrategized by carrying ninety potions
-an open-world that's actually fun to explore with things to do that are actually compelling
-good voice acting that doesn't sound like it came from a third-rate production by Sentai Filmworks
-music that isn't just bland film score

I've liked mediocre games before and I will again. I just had a blast with what I played of Fire Emblem Echoes and that has issues all over it. What sold it (and what sells a lot of bad games I think) is it wasn't as devoid of personality and creativity as some games can be, which yes, ususally comes in when the budget is high and the target audience is wide.

FFXV hardly even feels like FF. It's just such "me too" bullshit that's so obviously designed by committee rather than having a strong vision at its base. It's out of its depth trying to imitate games that have handled its own ideas much better.

Again, the nicest thing I could say about the game is that, technically, it did release. When the actual product is as bad as it is though, it's like, yeah big whoop.

Edit: I really don't think you even need to nitpick it. I guess I might not understand not picking up on them if all you play is JRPGs, but as someone that actually plays and enjoys open-world games and action games - stuff outside the RPG genre that XV tries and fails to crib from - there are some glaring, laughable faults in the design of the game.

Gurnlei

Biggest issue for me is how so much of the story happens off screen or is just assumed to be known by the player. Have a feeling this is because of all the changes the narrative went through during development.

Noobcraft

I've shelved it until the One X patch hits. It's clearly unfinished, but at least it's receiving good post launch support.

I'm also waiting for ReCore to be a finished product but that's hardly related.

I agree with the over-animated thoughts personally. I can't really stand how notics touches everything when he gets close be it people, walls, or other objects.

Its similar to MGS4 where they went for so much "realistic" that it was just too much and felt weird. It's cool on paper, and in a tech demo but in game its just... odd.

I had a lot of the same issues with the game as the OP and others but I made it through the game and thought it was ok overall by blasting to the end once I realized their version of open world was just the same quests by the same people in slightly different places. I hope the games patches and eventual (someday PC release) it will be fleshed out enough to make me want to revisit.

Servbot24

Banned
I played the game 3 hours day 1 and haven't played it since. I actually liked it, I just tried Last Guardian at the same time and got pulled away by that. At this point I'm waiting til the game is determined to be "complete", whatever that means.

I felt a similar effect from Final Fantasy XV that I got from Fallout 4.

Both are games I was really excited for and had been anticipating for years. While playing it I had a great time and was really absorbed. However once I beat the game I felt... empty?

I don't find the game to be terrible, just alright. Plenty of enjoyable parts but plenty of obnoxious parts. The sense of adventure and the beauty of the world are great. I love the interactions with your crew and the final hour of the game is a wild ride. But it also has a story that wastes almost all of it's potential and a soundtrack that is one of the weaker showings from Yoko Shimomura.

A lot of my issues don't even come down to the story but for the gameplay. It's a game that is almost devoid of challenge and the combat just doesn't go far enough. Comparing it to the Kingdom Hearts games for example (using KH as the example since it's Square's big Action RPG series) which provide fun combat systems that also challenge you. I never feared death in FFXV like I would in a KH game cause I could hit R2 at any time and heal as much as I want.

In a KH game beating a boss generally gives me a sense of accomplishment. I outsmarted the enemy, used all the mechanics and took them out. FFXV I never felt that. A demo for KH3 shouldn't outshine FFXV from a boss/encounter perspective but it did.

I still don't think it's terrible though. It's alright. I don't have much confidence in Tabata's future games from a gameplay perspective though. Both Type-0 and this haven't instilled any confidence.

LotusHD

Banned
Say what you want about the narrative but it has the best ending of any game ever (the final campfire scene).

Which gets soured somewhat due to the mediocre story that led to it. It was that ending that initially made me think the game overall wasn't so bad, but as I pondered on it more... Nah, it really was that disappointing.

Which gets soured somewhat due to the mediocre story that led to it. It was that ending that initially made me think the game overall wasn't so bad, but as I pondered on it more... Nah, it really was that disappointing.

The ending is just so rushed. It would have felt more earned if
you actually spent more than 45 minutes with your party after the 10 year timeskip. Would have given it a bit more weight. The "wedding" ending scene is also completely unearned given the limited interaction the characters have.

OP describes most of the game's problems well. It's just not a great product at the end of the day. So many design fundamentals ignored. I regret my time with it, honestly.

Feel the same way, and yes OP you did a great job articulating the issues. Started and stopped 3 times already, no longer than 10 hours, almost went back this week given it's on sale at $35 in canada ($25 USD). Kept wondering when does the game pick up and simply felt a second playthrough of persona 4 or MGSV would be more fun than this.

rocK`

Banned
Feel the same way, and yes OP you did a great job articulating the issues. Started and stopped 3 times already, no longer than 10 hours, almost went back this week given it's on sale at $35 in canada ($25 USD). Kept wondering when does the game pick up and simply felt a second playthrough of persona 4 or MGSV would be more fun than this.

Thanks. This thread was surprising to me. Given I hadn't seen many people share the same gripes until this thread.

I'm more inclined to put this game to rest now.

theofficefan99

I don't think there's a single FFXV-related post of yours that I disagree with.

I'm praying, PRAYING that future updates/expansions make me look at the game fondly.

ryseing

Biggest issue for me is how so much of the story happens off screen or is just assumed to be known by the player. Have a feeling this is because of all the changes the narrative went through during development.

They try to sell you on Noct/Luna being this Romeo and Juliet esque doomed couple when we barely see them interact. Why does Noct care about this girl? He had way more chemistry with Gladio's little sister.

Squire

Banned
Say what you want about the narrative but it has the best ending of any game ever (the final campfire scene).

Lord no. Not even best in the series. Wouldn't even make a top ten.

I don't think there's a single FFXV-related post of yours that I disagree with.

I'm praying, PRAYING that future updates/expansions make me look at the game fondly.

Haha, that's refreshing to hear!

But yeah, for me, if I have any hope it's going into XVI. XVs issues run to deep to ever be truly addressed. It's too deeply flawed to address with patches and DLC.

Honestly, I recommend people just spend time with other RPG series. We're at the point where graphics are pretty much the only thing SE leads in and I specifically mean model quality since the actual art direction in FFXV is nothing at all to write home about.

I feel niche series like Persona and Trails have been much much better at remembering why people like this genre - strong narrative focus, well-developed characters, engaging battle systems - and preserving it than FF has.

In retrospect the game is a disaster.

It feels like all they did was design a world map and then forgot to put anything else in. The whole game feels like an empty tech demo. Not a single moment of genuine excitement, authenticity, creativity or pizzazz a FF game should have. Only the ending feels like an FF game.

The biggest disappointment of my gaming life.

XIII did everything but world design far far far better.

Alex

Unless Square finds a way to manage development time and also use the Heavensward and Stormblood creative staff for new, numbered titles then I'm no longer interested most of the franchise going forward. I don't know why someone with as miserable a grasp on the series as Tabata was given the reins to a mainline title anyway, especially while the series is trying to be dug out.

Does Square even have overarching management anymore and if so why would anyone think the main scenario of FFXV was something that was OK to release as a long awaited, flagship entry? Can someone simply read part of a script from XV and then the one from Stormblood and see that there's kind of a gigantic fucking gap here?

I don't buy the rushed development excuse there, it wasn't just sparse and a little awkward, that's what XII was. XV's scenario wasn't just flawed with caveats, it was embarrassing.

I do agree about interaction and driving,but i gotta say i love the Game Final Fantasy is my favorite saga and i think this is a pretty nice Game, the half of the game is even messier than the awful half of XII (i love this Game too) but after all the mess left to Tabata i don't think is that bad.

theofficefan99

Unless Square finds a way to manage development time and also use the Heavensward and Stormblood creative staff for new, numbered titles then I'm no longer interested most of the franchise going forward. I don't know why someone with as miserable a grasp on the series as Tabata was given the reins to a mainline title anyway, especially while the series is trying to be dug out.

Does Square even have overarching management anymore and if so why would anyone think the main scenario of FFXV was something that was OK to release as a long awaited, flagship entry? Can someone simply read part of a script from XV and then the one from Stormblood and see that there's kind of a gigantic fucking gap here?

I don't buy the rushed development excuse there, it wasn't just sparse and a little awkward, that's what XII was. XV's scenario wasn't just flawed with caveats, it was embarrassing.

I'll never forget how I felt after I had finished Chapter 4. I was legitimately heated from how embarrassing the
Titan fight
was, from the events leading up to it, to the events after it. I couldn't believe that I was playing a mainline FF. It felt so low budget, too.

Like another user pointed out, it's insanely obvious that they lost track of time creating Leide/Duscae/Cleigne, then someone in the dev team said "ummmm guys fuck, the game needs to be out this year, Tabata can you stop needlessly scrapping things" then stapled together whatever they could with the assets they had. Also why the game tries to waste your time as much as possible, to cover up how the main story is like 12 hours long, including the time wasted from loading screens and the boring mandatory car rides, and the copy/paste Chapter 13.

Lord no. Not even best in the series. Wouldn't even make a top ten.

Haha, that's refreshing to hear!

But yeah, for me, if I have any hope it's going into XVI. XVs issues run to deep to ever be truly addressed. It's too deeply flawed to address with patches and DLC.

Honestly, I recommend people just spend time with other RPG series. We're at the point where graphics are pretty much the only thing SE leads in and I specifically mean model quality since the actual art direction in FFXV is nothing at all to write home about.

I feel niche series like Persona and Trails have been much much better at remembering why people like this genre - strong narrative focus, well-developed characters, engaging battle systems - and preserving it than FF has.

I agree, I just don't want to accept that I'm going to forever hate a mainline entry in my favorite series. If Chapter 13 Verse 2 is any indication of how they're going to "fix" things, then no thanks. Plus wasting resources on multiplayer, an avatar, and an off-road Regalia... lol

Hoping they prove me wrong though.

Also agree that the ending is total crap and I'm genuinely shocked that there's any praise for it at all.

Gator86

Good OP, illustrating some of the many issues with the game. It's definitely good for a game that spent a decade as vaporware. It's mediocre by any other metric. I did enjoy the road-trip camraderie with the group more than expected though.

Mr_Moogle

The series certainly isn't an automatic buy for me anymore, which is a huge shame. I've resigned myself to replaying 7,8,9 on steam with a scanline filter as it's the closest I can get to having those old school FF feels.

I think taking FFXV open world was actually a pretty good idea but they executed it poorly. If you compare it to something like Witcher 3, XV's world just feels so copy pasted. The sidequests are mostly awful fetch quests and there isn't a cohesive story with a real narrative.

I'll never forget how I felt after I had finished Chapter 4. I was legitimately heated from how embarrassing the
Titan fight
was, from the events leading up to it, to the events after it. I couldn't believe that I was playing a mainline FF. It felt so low budget, too.

Like another user pointed out, it's insanely obvious that they lost track of time creating Leide/Duscae/Cleigne, then someone in the dev team said "ummmm guys fuck, the game needs to be out this year, Tabata can you stop needlessly scrapping things" then stapled together whatever they could with the assets they had. Also why the game tries to waste your time as much as possible, to cover up how the main story is like 12 hours long, including the time wasted from loading screens and the boring mandatory car rides, and the copy/paste Chapter 13.

I agree, I just don't want to accept that I'm going to forever hate a mainline entry in my favorite series. If Chapter 13 Verse 2 is any indication of how they're going to "fix" things, then no thanks. Plus wasting resources on multiplayer, an avatar, and an off-road Regalia... lol

Hoping they prove me wrong though.

Also agree that the ending is total crap and I'm genuinely shocked that there's any praise for it at all.
Omg thank god someone else thinks the 'set pieces' felt low budget. As epic or grand the set pieces were meant to be, especially the one chp 9 (not saying name to avoid spoilers) just came across as literally the most shoddily directed b tier spin off type material. The execution lacked a directors eye. Surprise surprise after how shoddily told type-0 was. Dunno how tabata got crisis cores scenes to have some gravitas...maybe nomura and kitase were more involved as it was his first game...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The setpieces felt like they do in other Tabata games. Honestly the whole game felt like a Tabata game. It's a bunch of action scenes strung together without any connecting sinew. That's why the transition from the Altissia stuff -> the train is so completely jarring. The game is a huge disappointment. I should write a post.

Squire

Banned
The series certainly isn't an automatic buy for me anymore, which is a huge shame. I've resigned myself to replaying 7,8,9 on steam with a scanline filter as it's the closest I can get to having those old school FF feels.

I think taking FFXV open world was actually a pretty good idea but they executed it poorly. If you compare it to something like Witcher 3, XV's world just feels so copy pasted. The sidequests are mostly awful fetch quests and there isn't a cohesive story with a real narrative.

People that like the game seem to be really bothered by comparing it to W3 or other open-world games, but I think it makes all the difference, really. You don't even need to go outside of the past few years to make the case. Black Flag, Sunset Overdrive, TW3; we have a lot of good, fairly recent examples. Open-worlds can be pretty great. SE was just very much out of their depth trying to do one.

The setpieces felt like they do in other Tabata games. Honestly the whole game felt like a Tabata game. It's a bunch of action scenes strung together without any connecting sinew. That's why the transition from the Altissia stuff -> the train is so completely jarring. The game is a huge disappointment. I should write a post.

Like a new thread? Yeah.

theofficefan99

Omg thank god someone else thinks the 'set pieces' felt low budget. As epic or grand the set pieces were meant to be, especially the one chp 9 (not saying name to avoid spoilers) just came across as literally the most shoddily directed b tier spin off type material. The execution lacked a directors eye. Surprise surprise after how shoddily told type-0 was. Dunno how tabata got crisis cores scenes to have some gravitas...maybe nomura and kitase were more involved as it was his first game...

Don't even get me started on Chapter 9's "set piece" "boss fight." That was even more embarrassing than Chapter 4; that was also the moment where I seriously considered throwing the game in the trash. What a pathetic joke of a climax.

And yes, XV really is Type-0 1.5. Has largely the same issues. Fixed some things, introduced some more.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Wasn't there a two week gap between Altissia and heading towards the Empire? A whole bunch of stuff happened in Altissia and it just goes to a time skip. It's hilarious how they tried to remedy the complete dissonance in narrative by putting in some few radio broadcasts along the train to explain wtf actually happened. Mind you the drama that apparently never got addressed during the immediate aftermath of Altissia arc but two weeks after? I guess... they didn't talk about it for two weeks? lmao. it's ridiculous.

Turin

Banned
For the record, I've never had an issue with Final Fantasy going ARPG but XV's combat/battle system was just dumb.

Not only is the tactical command of your party sparse, I never really felt like I was in the fight as Noctis. Just coordinating fancy moves for him to do in front of me.

Best of luck to Tabata but, for a number of reasons, I really don't care for him as a director.

Don't even get me started on Chapter 9's "set piece" "boss fight." That was even more embarrassing than Chapter 4; that was also the moment where I seriously considered throwing the game in the trash. What a pathetic joke of a climax.

And yes, XV really is Type-0 1.5. Has largely the same issues. Fixed some things, introduced some more.

Chapter 9's set piece fight was awful, but at least it gave me some control over Noct. The
Titan fight
was perhaps the worst thing in the game. They didn't even fix it from when they showed it at E3; all they did was add prompts to the fight, which made a dull fight even more dull.

The time I spent with FFXV was disappointing, but I was actually disappointed by the poor OST, which Shimomura never actually seemed to have a hand on some of the more important scenes in the game.

Squire

Banned
For the record, I've never had an issue with Final Fantasy going ARPG but XV's combat/battle system was just dumb.

Not only is the tactical command of your party sparse, I never really felt like I was in the fight as Noctis. Just coordinating fancy moves for him to do in front of me.

Square is terrified of telling people an FF might require a little dexterity. They keep trying to find this mid-point between action and turn-based combat. XIII was pretty good at that at its height (so late game), but XV is abysmal from the start and equally so forty hours later.

theofficefan99

Wasn't there a two week gap between Altissia and heading towards the Empire? A whole bunch of stuff happened in Altissia and it just goes to a time skip. It's hilarious how they tried to remedy the complete dissonance in narrative by putting in some few radio broadcasts along the train to explain wtf actually happened. Mind you the drama that apparently never got addressed during the immediate aftermath of Altissia arc but two weeks after? I guess... they didn't talk about it for two weeks? lmao. it's ridiculous.

Same with the end of Chapter 4
and how there was a time skip after Ardyn (who ended up being an antagonist.... shocker!) rescues the guys. "A few days later" and now you're in generic rest spot #39044498 in Duscae with no car. Guess the player is supposed to assume absolutely nothing was said between the guys and Ardyn during this time? Same with when they were forced to rest with him before the Titan fight.

And you have to infiltrate a military base that conveniently has your car... on foot, because your guys felt "wrong" using anything other than the Regalia despite the fact that the world is in danger.

We should've known the writing would be a 0/10 the moment we saw that their solution to Noctis no longer being involved in the peace treaty signing was him finding everything out through a damn newspaper. Give me a break. We also should've known there would be zero environment variety after showing nothing but Duscae for 2 years.

One of my biggest issues is that the world doesn't feel like a FF world. FUCK a "world based on reality". I want giant crystal structures, massive airships and different races. Giants tree forests and towns built on nonsense. All we got was the fucking Mojave dessert for most of the game. THe combat is okay, if anything it just makes me want to play Kingdom Hearts instead. The story is nonsense and most of the characters are ass, but thats par the course for modern day Final Fantasy.

theofficefan99

One of my biggest issues is that the world doesn't feel like a FF world. FUCK a "world based on reality". I want giant crystal structures, massive airships and different races. Giants tree forests and towns built on nonsense. All we got was the fucking Mojave dessert for most of the game. THe combat is okay, if anything it just makes me want to play Kingdom Hearts instead. The story is nonsense and most of the characters are ass, but thats par the course for modern day Final Fantasy.

I love how we
visited Tenebrae, the only fantastical location in the game, for a grand total of 3 minutes. And it wasn't even the place itself. It was the train station.

I love how we
visited Tenebrae, the only fantastical location in the game, for a grand total of 3 minutes. And it wasn't even the place itself. It was the train station.

To reassure you, the construction of the game and the way the areas differ throughout the game starts out as a world very much based on reality. It feels more solid and more grounded in reality. As the game progresses, you will certainly more fantastic, otherworldly kind of elements. You will see these different tastes, this kind of magical and superb ideas that you see in previous Final Fantasy games will be seen close to the end of the game. It’s all in there. - Lord Tabata

hajime-tabata-director-final-fantasy-15-167820.jpeg

rocK`

Banned
Titan fight

That point also goes to how little accomplishment I got from winning that fight

I agree about the combat, not satisfying at all. The binding of jump and interact is annoying as well. Fighting Titan was super weird, I had no idea what was really happening story wise and the fight was pretty bad. Then it's just transitions to losing your
car
. Okay.

Top Bottom