• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Offer: Buy 2 or more, get 20% off coupon

PSN is having a Day 1 Digital coupon offer for buying 2 or more games from select titles.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/day-1-digital/cid=STORE-MSF77008-DAY1DIGITALLP

wG6OpCY.png

asSX8gB.png

M3tu4Yu.png

MZtahZF.png

Purchase two or more participating full games from PlayStation® Store Store included in the Day 1 Digital grid between September 5, 2017 12:01 AM PT and November 7, 2017 11:59PM PT and receive a discount coupon code for 20% off one PlayStation Store transaction.

Preload me if old.

Planning to pick up south park and assassins creed at launch so this will be nice to get and use for monster hunter worlds in January.

Toki767

Maybe if they added Dragon Ball FighterZ I'd get that and Dissidia NT. Or Monster Hunter World.

The list of games right now though are stuff that are already out and I bought or have no interest in.

Wolfenstein + some-other-game will put me over the top I'm sure.

Just not 100% into anything else there, but will probably end up biting on something all the same.

maks

Dammit totally forgot about this. I got one game purchased so far (Marvel vs Capcom). But i should have bought the standard edition of instead of the deluxe. Could have bought character pass later with 20% off.

Rymuth

Everybody's Golf + Uncharted would be my recommendation for those who habent bought them. Its the cheapest combo and provides the most bang for your buck.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Bestbuy and Target run a Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal on the first week of December and the week before thanksgiving respectively.

BB's GCU discount applies so you get three games for $96.

Target has 30% off coupons from the cartwheel and kids apps during that time.

This terrible PSN deal will get you three games for $158.

Dont. Do. This.

Bestbuy and Target run a Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal on the first week of December and the week before thanksgiving respectively.

Dont. Do. This.

As someone that only buys digital this could have some use but only if I can use the discount on Black Friday.

I'm considering getting Battlefront II and WWII but might only get one right now so, with this promo I would get both and save the coupon for black friday where I tend to spend more than $100 but it'd allow me to add more games to the basket.

Edit: I mean, those game probably won't get any discount on the store during black friday so I could use the coupon on the discounted games that I want.

Vanick

Neo Member
Everybody's Golf + Uncharted would be my recommendation for those who habent bought them. Its the cheapest combo and provides the most bang for your buck.

Yup, that's exactly what I did when I saw the deal pop up. Then I plan on saving the coupon until they hopefully have a good Black Friday sale since it doesn't expire until Dec 19th.

Toki767

Dont. Do. This.

It's not as bad as you make it out to be really.

If AAA games are on sale during the PSN Black Friday/Holiday sale the way they were last year, you could easily come out with a pretty hefty discount.

kevin1025

Banned
The coupon code would be ideal since it's delivered just in time for their Black Friday flash sale.

Might end up picking up Everybody's Golf and Knack 2!

If AAA games are on sale during the PSN Black Friday/Holiday sale the way they were last year, you could easily come out with a pretty hefty discount.

The coupon code would be ideal since it's delivered just in time for their Black Friday flash sale.

Might end up picking up Everybody's Golf and Knack 2!

However, my only concern is that in the TOS it says that the code won't work with any other promotion... I wonder if that includes black friday discounts.

Weebos

Banned
Can you stack the coupon with other sales? I was under the impression that you could not.

If you can I might give this another look.

EDIT:

This lead to me to believe that you couldn't:
However, my only concern is that in the TOS it says that the code won't work with any other promotion... I wonder if that includes black friday discounts.

kevin1025

Banned

That's a good point. I remember using a 20% code during their Black Friday sale two years back, but that came with the Battlefront bundle I think, and this one is given by them with possible limits on it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

but you have to buy the first two games at full price before November 7th.

Day 1 Digital grid between September 5, 2017 12:01 AM PT and November 7, 2017 11:59PM PT

So you will just have a 20% discount which will earn you $20 if you spent ANOTHER hundred.

NewDust

Wondering how you came to that number... Prices of the games taking part range from $39.99 to $149.99 and the coupon code is applied to an entire cart, not just one game.

Code discount value go up to $30 off from $150 and if you can buy discounted PSN codes, this offer isn't that bad... Though I agree it's definitely not the best option.

Can you stack the coupon with other sales? I was under the impression that you could not.

If you can I might give this another look.

EDIT:

This lead to me to believe that you couldn't:

You can use it for PSN sales, it's 20% off your total cart value. However you can't combine it with other coupons or or certain PSN promotions that don't change the cart value, for instance it wouldn't apply to a PSN BOGOF promotion.

watdaeff4

For those who still buy physical games this isn't a good deal.

For those who are willing to sit and wait for these games to go on sale on PSN down the road....this isn't a good deal.

For those who are digital AND want to play at least two of these games day 1 (hence the Day 1 tagline on the promotion)......then it's not a bad deal.

It's like everything, YMMV depending on your personal preferences.

That's a good point. I remember using a 20% code during their Black Friday sale two years back, but that came with the Battlefront bundle I think, and this one is given by them with possible limits on it.

Yes, I remember the same thing that's why this seems odd to me... it's a circumstance that I'm interested in two full november games so I could test it but I'm not sure yet If I'll do it.

JP

This offer has been up for a while you know, I think it was last week that it went up or even the week before but I haven't seen it advertised anywhere which was a bit strange.

I already have a couple of the covered games pre-order between the applicable dates so I'm already covered. From what I can work out though it doesn't cover people who pre-ordered the relevant games before the start date, which seemed a bit unfair.

This deal's been running for a week or more, and it sucks because if you ALREADY bought some of these games you will NOT get the coupon when they send it out whenever they do.

Anyways new PS4's also get a 20% discount code bundled in them I believe, so if you have a friend who bought one recently and doesn't buy digital games you could probably get it from them, even apply it to this order and get another coupon to use later? Although by the time the promo sends out the coupon in Nov, there won't be much to pre order, just stuff for next year like Far Cry 5 or Days Gone and I'm not sure why you'd buy those games digitally.

Multiplayer games I get, I bought Destiny 2 and Battlefront 2 digitally because I just wanna start the game and play for a bit then go do something else and don't wanna hunt and swap discs if a friend invites me to something.

Toki767

By any other promotion, they typically mean you can't stack 2 discount codes.

Coupon codes have always stacked with sales.

Right, that must be it, I'm sure I used discounts on black friday so it souldn't be any different with this one. I'll see what happens.

styl3s

On it's own the deal is terrible and i wouldn't even look twice at it if i didn't game share with my brother but since we split cost this gives us an extra 20% off an upcoming game so it's a good deal for people who game share.

Kind of hard to play the same game together with 1 disc when you're a few hundred miles apart.

Weebos

Banned
You can use it for PSN sales, it's 20% off your total cart value. However you can't combine it with other coupons or or certain PSN promotions that don't change the cart value, for instance it wouldn't apply to a PSN BOGOF promotion.

Yeah, I feel like I remember it working this way.

I may give this another look then, I'll have to make some calculations to see if I save money in the long run.

maks

I have been stockpiling psn credit for 30% off from pcgamesupply and when I purchase psn games I don't get taxed. Bestbuy with GCU costs me about $53 per game after tax where psn is $42.

Switching between games and consoles without a disc is super convenient. Great for genres like fighting games which are now all digital for me. I would pay a premium for that but in this case I'm coming out ahead without even needing the deal in this thread :D

Top Bottom