• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doug Jones defeats Roy Moore in Alabama Special Election

MIMIC

Banned
e4FD6s8.jpg

https://twitter.com/AP/status/940785964661829632

Nice work, Alabamians!

Wulfric

Suck it, pedo

Also of note, this is the first Democratic senator in Alabama in 25 years.

Per the NYT:
M57wgJN.jpg

hkYL4iP.jpg

krazen

Repubs in Alabama lost this one. They had a chance to put in your run of the mill Republican and win this race easily but they had to go in with the pedophile racist dude because he 'talks the talk', lol

bevishead

Neo Member
I am happy that Jones won, but it makes me very sad that the race was this close in the first place. Seriously Roy Moore almost won.

Kimawolf

Its good to know there are SOME things which are still beyond the pale. Also Democrats, STAY FOCUSED, as you see it can happen if you don't shit the bed message wide!

Rough night for the Breitbart losers who have overtaken OT

Yeah, they don't have seem to be too chatty right now.

What's wrong? Don't all you gamergater crybabies want to come out and cry about how "toxic" we're being in our "liberal echo chamber"? Or are you too scared of getting *gasp* dogpiled?!?!?

ASAP

Still very fucked up that the President of the United States, supported a child rapist.

That one is for the record books.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Even though I no longer live in the shithole that is Alabama (I did for over a decade), this makes me happy for the people who still do live there.

Holy shit! I am legitimately shocked. That's awesome, I was sure moore would take it on party lines alone. Glad Alabamans had the sense to elect someone reasonable instead of a documented predator.

DiscoJer

While I'm glad because he's about as despicable person as you can get, I'm also a bit disappointed because he would have been an absolute train wreck that probably would have been a nightmare for Republicans.

And now it's 51-49, which is better than 52-48, but still...

Kremzeek

Of course the racist pedo is demanding a recount. "Too close to call" which is really depressing that so many voted for a racist pedo just because he's a Republican.

I hope all people recognize the power of the black vote!!

David___

Banned
Of course the racist pedo is demanding a recount. "Too close to call" which is really depressing that so many voted for a racist pedo just because he's a Republican.

I hope all people recognize the power of the black vote!!
People do, which is why the GOP tries their damndest to gerrymander the distrect maps

Bolivar687

Banned
Such a huge steal and an unforced error by the GOP. This must also be a pretty big black eye for Bannon, who helped Moore get past Strange and campaigned for him up to the very end. Given his boasting about telling Trump he had a 100% chance to win after the Access Hollywood tape, I wouldn't be surprised if he convinced Moore to stay in the race along the same rationale.

Yeah, they don't have seem to be too chatty right now.

What's wrong? Don't all you gamergater crybabies want to come out and cry about how "toxic" we're being in our "liberal echo chamber"? Or are you too scared of getting *gasp* dogpiled?!?!?

They're all in the other thread, offended.

Repubs in Alabama lost this one. They had a chance to put in your run of the mill Republican and win this race easily but they had to go in with the pedophile racist dude because he 'talks the talk', lol

When you wager double or nothing and lose.

Rough night for the Breitbart losers who have overtaken OT

They're all in the other thread, offended.

I did notice a lack of heavily-veiled posting.

finowns

I didn’t think this would actually happen. Hopefully this is a sign that sanity might creep it’s way back into politics.

MIMIC

Banned
Black people saved America. It's disgusting how many people voted for a fucking pedophile.

DQ5VjbkV4AAcfrN.jpg

I just saw this. Jesus Christ. He got Obama numbers.

Jones benefitted from near-unanimous support from black voters, historically large support from whites

Fully 96 percent of African Americans supported Jones, similar to President Obama’s 95 percent support among this group in 2012. But Jones fared much better than Obama among white voters, garnering 30 percent of their votes, twice the 15 percent who voted for Obama. Jones made particularly large gains among white women and those with college degrees.
Washington Post

FStubbs

People do, which is why the GOP tries their damndest to gerrymander the distrect maps

That's backwards. The GOP doesn't try to suppress and restrict black voters because they vote en-masse against them. Black voters vote en-masse against the GOP because the GOP tries to suppress and restrict black voters.

Top Bottom