• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[ARCHIVE UP] The Giant Bomb "We've Got A Wii U" Live Stream

StuBurns

Banned
Using the Gyro to turn would have been cool :(
As a DS owner I take offence sir!

Fair point though
It seems like people can't win. Either it's just a port, and that's lazy, or you pick up some old artifact and you have to scrub it clean with your finger, then they've babyified the game for the Wii U audience.

KageZero

How does the framerate compare to the x360/ps3 version? I never saw AC games on console but there are some framerate issues in the wiiu version.

jett

D-Member
How does the framerate compare to the x360/ps3 version? I never saw AC games on console but there are some framerate issues in the wiiu version.

From what I'm seeing the framerate drops on the same sections as the PS3 version that I t own. Wii U hardware isn't helping this game run any better at all. Actually this ship part might be worse than I remember.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
it looks choppy. but ac3 on 360 and ps3 ran like total shit so i would not be surprised

Wish they would get into more exclusive games, watching games already out is not exciting at all. Especially when those games do nothing interesting on the 2nd screen.

Justin

Wish they would get into more exclusive games, watching games already out is not exciting at all. Especially when those games do nothing interesting on the 2nd screen.

They already uploaded three, hour long quicklooks of the exclusive launch games so what do you want to see? I am sure they will get to sing party soon.

Edit: By soon I mean by 11pm at this rate

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Nice to know a USB ethernet adaptor will work. I'll get one.

theDeeDubs

Mine hung at the same spot, but it eventually started. Thought it was a weird loading screen since there's no where to hit to progress or a "now loading" message on it.

There were some other parts that needed trimming, but the ship part was the most blatantly dragging section of the game. It was "fight tutorial, talk to these people about the mutiny, follow this guy, talk to more people about the mutiny, turns out all that talking was pointless because
there was no mutiny
, arrive in Boston for the late title card. And none of these people ever appear again." They could have easily shortened it to "Fight tutorial, see the results of 'mutiny,' arrive in Boston."

I mean, at least the other parts of the beginning served to introduce the villains and settings. The ship part was pretty much pointless filler that kills the pacing that the opera house set up.

Twinduct

Going from PS3 to the marginally slower 360 OS is irritating, this looks like it'd suck my humanity right out.

Nintendo's got alot of work ahead of them. Gonna have to crunch on getting that shit moving quicker. It's borderline inexcusable! (Talking about the OS level stuff ... not the game loads and etc)

KageZero

They have to fix the loading problem with apps. It really takes long like 10 secs just to show you the friend list, how couldn't they see this as a problem while testing. ..

Top Bottom