• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Backers are starting to receive the physical edition and oh boy...

Shaanyboi

Banned
images
When fucking Sega is giving you shit, from the Sonic Twitter no less, you know you fucked up.

chrono01

Meanwhile, I'm STILL waiting for my rewards to ship out.

No physical box + manual (NES and Famicom versions)
No physical USB keys (NES and Famicom versions)
No signed artbook
No signed sketch

Nothing.

At least when I DO get my order, hopefully I'll have the corrected manuals.

Meanwhile, I'm STILL waiting for my rewards to ship out.

No physical box + manual (NES and Famicom versions)
No physical USB keys (NES and Famicom versions)
No signed artbook
No signed sketch

Nothing.

At least when I DO get my order, hopefully I'll have the corrected manuals.

Yeah, still no tracking # sent for me...longest wait for debatable kindlewood for me considering how things panned out.

chrono01

Yeah, still no tracking # sent for me...longest wait for debatable kindlewood for me considering how things panned out.
Yeah, not going to lie. When I actually receive these items, I'll probably just box them up and put it in my closet somewhere. Don't really have a use for them, I just want what I'm owed, nothing more.

Shame things didn't turn out differently, but that can't really be helped at this point. :/

budpikmin

Just got an email from Fangamer this morning:

Hi! If you’re reading this, we shipped you a Japanese Mighty No. 9 instruction manual that was printed at the wrong size and, as a result, doesn’t fit into the Japanese box.
We’re reprinting the manuals at the correct size, and as soon as they arrive we’ll be shipping you a corrected manual. No action is required on your part.
We apologize for the mistake; if you have any other questions about your physical backer rewards, e-mail orders@fangamer.com.
Thanks,
Fangamer

At least they are correcting the mistake. If only they would reprint the box as well as it doesn't actually match the size of my Rockman 2 box

Just got an email from Fangamer this morning:

Hi! If you’re reading this, we shipped you a Japanese Mighty No. 9 instruction manual that was printed at the wrong size and, as a result, doesn’t fit into the Japanese box.
We’re reprinting the manuals at the correct size, and as soon as they arrive we’ll be shipping you a corrected manual. No action is required on your part.
We apologize for the mistake; if you have any other questions about your physical backer rewards, e-mail orders@fangamer.com.
Thanks,
Fangamer

At least they are correcting the mistake. If only they would reprint the box as well as it doesn't actually match the size of my Rockman 2 box

I'm going to guess they are only sending this to people in The States?. Anyone from Europe got any notification about the box?.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone at all even get a shipping notification? I have no idea oif my stuff is even on its way...

Eusis

NA Version:

Manual fits
... Wait, is it really a monochrome manual there too? I could see going without full color to match (some) Famicom manuals, but that doesn't look like what I'd expect an NES manual to!

Man, it's a good thing I didn't bother with those tiers.

The same thing that delays and destroys a lot of KS game projects.

STRETCH GOALS.

It's kind of ridiculous what they did to MN9, chasing cartoon series, films, and spin-offs before making sure they had a good game.

And then they just dropped Mighty Gunvolt Burst with Beck as a guest star, and it was pretty much what everybody wanted in the first place.

goldenpp72

I never got a tracker but filled in the survey, but I had a few other things.. Has everyone had their stuff fullfilled?

mas8705

So what term do we use when the knife has already been twisted twice over?

It feels like just when it can't possibly continue to dig a bigger hole for itself, MN9 somehow continues to find a way to top itself in terms of being a kickstarter's absolute worst nightmare. At this point, the "Better than nothing" is making some feel as though nothing probably would have been better.

I hope backers are still able to get what they paid for.

Got mine. US box was better than expected, manual was a lower quality than I expect from Fangamer, but I think they just handled the printing portion.

DGCV4yOVwAAwYG_.jpg:orig

I put it on my shelf with games of similar quality.

DGCV5bwUwAIrtrH.jpg:orig

Love that full colour manual.

The interior has some full color images, but the whole thing is garbage.

Love that full colour manual.

This is a weird statement I've heard a lot of folks make. Looking back through the Kickstarter, I never once read that the manual would be in a color, simply that there would be a printed manual. Where did this rumor start?

Fangamer Steve

Neo Member
Thanks, (and to the others that replied as well) What information do I need, I just left for vacation so all I have right now is mobile.

Sure thing! All you'll need to do is send an email to orders@fangamer.com and tell us that your package was damaged in the mail. As long as the email address you use to contact us with is the same as the email address that's associated with your order, we'll be able to pull up all of your shipping address information (if you're using a different email address to contact us with, please provide your first and last name, as well as your current shipping address). We can also ship a replacement package to an alternate address if you'd prefer.

Fangamer Steve

Neo Member
This is a weird statement I've heard a lot of folks make. Looking back through the Kickstarter, I never once read that the manual would be in a color, simply that there would be a printed manual. Where did this rumor start?

While the manual does include color images, I think there might be some confusion between the manual and the artbook/strategy guide. I've attached a photo for reference.

JuQ3LGU.png

Sacul64GC

Banned
Sure thing! All you'll need to do is send an email to orders@fangamer.com and tell us that your package was damaged in the mail. As long as the email address you use to contact us with is the same as the email address that's associated with your order, we'll be able to pull up all of your shipping address information (if you're using a different email address to contact us with, please provide your first and last name, as well as your current shipping address). We can also ship a replacement package to an alternate address if you'd prefer.

Thanks for your help already got a response!

chrono01

I'm never getting my stuff. I answered the day after the update address emails went out, absolutely nothing since. Granted my order had more than just the manual/box that are being sent out (mine had signed sketch, USB keys, strategy guide/artbook, etc.), but you'd think I would have heard something by now.

I might send Fangamer an email tomorrow to see if they know what the situation is.

BigPete

That art book looks really nice. Even though I don't care for the game very much, I do really like the art. I kinda wish I had paid for all this stuff.

Top Bottom