• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Lime

Sweet! Now they need to release hack files for the possibility of local-offline activation. Setup of dev environment was pretty easy even on windows. Vita is an amazing piece of hardware....... with full force homebrew scene its will become a perfect device.

Yup, offline activation is a big deal

Fardeen

i hope we can get plugins like cwcheats etc, i would love to cheat on my games. my vita is finally alive! mario on my vita. the vita scene can really save my vita

Ran rp

23AHHtQ.jpg

Oh shit you right...... Welp its too late now lol

alreadydead

Ashuron

Is this just for emulation? I use Remote Play a lot of my vita so I'm not sure if this is for me, unless there's something to speed up RP or unlock some processing power like there was for the PSP.

Edit: or a plug in so we can use the iPhone headphones mic.

Is this just for emulation? I use Remote Play a lot of my vita so I'm not sure if this is for me, unless there's something to speed up RP or unlock some processing power like there was for the PSP.

Edit: or a plug in so we can use the iPhone headphones mic.

You need the latest firmware to use Remote Play, so this is not for you.

Browser just keeps crashing. Tried to reboot my system at least 3 times but it doesn't seem to be working.

I'll get the "welcome to Henkaku" to pop up, but can't get further than that before the browser crashes.

Was having this problem, too. Bittercup's advice a few pages back helped.

I had the same error. After you click install it changes the url go.henkaku. Letting the site load again always resulted in the same error for me.
Going back to https://henkaku.xyz and clicking install instead worked. Maybe takes a few tries.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Online only homebrew, what? Is it using a browser exploit or is this some anti piracy blah blah

What? No.

You need to use the browser to reactive the exploit because it's not permanent and the offline files have not been released. The same happens with the userland exploit on Wii U (although you can self-host because the files are public). If the exploit files are released some time in the future, you'll be able to self-host and reactivate it without the browser. It has nothing to do with piracy. Yifan Lu explicitly stated on the HENkaku website that he doesn't support piracy, but he's not going to go out of his way to prevent it.

Let's try to keep this grounded and not engage in rampant speculation...

Atomski

Hmm my Vita is collecting a lot of dust.. I wouldnt mine using this for retroarch. I dont see that available yet. Guess ill wait..

Joey Ravn

Banned
people have figured out custom themes and PSP homebrew on /r/vitahacks

Oh, this is great! Not so much due to the PSP homebrew (which is about to be deprecated by native homebrew!), though. By the looks of it, he switched EBOOTs with a PSP game he had installed on his Vita. Hopefully this also allows us to switch games without having to resort to ARK or TNV, which are blocked on this firmware. Although I would much rather prefer a proper loader, because the main appeal of playing PSP games on Vita for me is being able to use plugins and patches.

So, really, what I'd like is to have is a way to restore the exploit that allowed us to run PSP games from a loader :)

Gu4n

I'd rather this was used to allow you to dump the voice files from your Evo games to reuse them with the vanilla translated games.
This is already something that was looked into with an older hack. So yes, it's possible to dump the .vag files from the Evo games.

The Evo versions suck, though, so I rather have someone backport the voices into the Steam version than the translation in Evo.

The Evo versions suck, though, so I rather have someone backport the voices into the Steam version than the translation in Evo.
How would you do that with a game that has no VA? You can't just replace some files. That would require an immense amount of programming to get the timing right and everything.

killatopak

Gold Member
Anybody have a 3.60 update PUP in a file sharing site? I don't know why but download from sony site or directly from the vita takes 9 hours wtf.

This is already something that was looked into with an older hack. So yes, it's possible to dump the .vag files from the Evo games.

That was exactly my endgame: make the Steam versions even better with the VA without having to suffer through the OST arranges, bad character portraits and broken fights.
Voices and fast forward are really the only thing I'd want from the Evo games.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Some people in Spanish forum ElOtroLado are working (and have mostly figured out) a way to self-host the exploit, like the Loadiine exploit for Wii U, as a stop-gap solution until a the exploit files are released.

Personally, I'll have to learn to use an FTP client to transfer my files and start tinkering with this stuff :)

t26

How would you do that with a game that has no VA? You can't just replace some files. That would require an immense amount of programming to get the timing right and everything.

we got someone working on adding voice to PC version Fate/Hollow Ataraxia from Vita version.

Elven_Star

I just hope there is never native Vita piracy, that's definitely a line I don't want to cross.
Neither do I, but at this point, it wouldn't make much difference, really. Might actually help move some units even.
Anyway, as exciting as all this sounds, I'm not gonna try it. I'm all digital on Vita and PS4 and got around a dozen digital PS3 games as well. Can't risk my account.

Sykotik

I kept getting an error when loading the go site. I finally managed to get it to work by just closing the browser every time it gave an error, and reopening it to the same go page. This took probably 5 tries.

Gu4n

Exactly. I'm just saying it is being looked into by some hackers; I don't know how different FC and FC Evo are and how much can be reused of that.

That was exactly my endgame: make the Steam versions even better with the VA without having to suffer through the OST arranges, bad character portraits and broken fights.
Voices and fast forward are really the only thing I'd want from the Evo games.
Fast-forward is thing possible through cheats; someone posted the instructions for that in the SC OT.

Have probably tried this about 30 times now and still no go. Kinda frustrating given the fact one must do this every time you restart your Vita..

Still trying though. This is the potentially the simplest one we have ever had.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Have probably tried this about 30 times now and still no go. Kinda frustrating given the fact one must do this every time you restart your Vita..

Try removing any game card, your memory card (then put it back in), and removing the 'go.' in the address if it failed previously. Clear cookies and search history, too.

thuway

Anyone have any video tutorials or easy programs for FTP servers?? Totally lost here :(

1, Remove any games in the card slot
2. Rebuild database (aka turn off machine and hold R, power, and PS icon for 5 seconds while booting)
3. Delete cookies

Try again.

Try removing any game card, your memory card (then put it back in), and removing the 'go.' in the address if it failed previously. Clear cookies and search history, too.

Anyone have any video tutorials or easy programs for FTP servers?? Totally lost here :(

2. Rebuild database (aka turn off machine and hold R, power, and PS icon for 5 seconds while booting)
3. Delete cookies

Try again.

Tried all of that and still not having any luck.

Catvoca

Banned

I just downloaded fillezilla, put in the IP address that comes up when you hit select on the vita, and hit connect. It was pretty easy.

Edit: what the poster below me said.

3. Delete cookies

Try again.

FileZilla

Super easy dude. As long as both your PC and Vita are on the same network and you dont have some weird settings on you router

You simply connect filezilla to your Vita's IP address which the Vita will display in the app

Then you can basically manipulate and transfer files form PC to Vita

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
This is so tempting, but losing access to all my PS3, PS4 and Vita purchases is frightening...

Top Bottom