• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT7| Tough Love

Stopdoor

Oh yeah, I also want to ask, I feel like with my last few dates I'm really bad with giving off positive signals when I'm really kind of unsure and probably going to check out of it. Like I got the feeling I wasn't interested in this girl yesterday pretty quickly, but I still went on a 3 hour date, walked around a park and laid in the grass at night while talking petty casually about whatever because we did vibe well. I feel like I'm too transparent so I come across as opening up to another person really easily. I at least held off on any physical moves.

How do you respond to them going "oh we should do that sometime!" or at the end of the date like "we should meet again!". I'm not expected to legit shoot them down there right? I kind of mumbled an "oh yeah definitely...!" to get past it and let her down when she followed up by text afterward. Bad form? Acceptable?

Meifu

Just remember not every girl you kiss or even fuck actually likes you or wants to see you again. There are plenty of girls out there, don't get hung up on a random drunk encounter.

You shouldn't have even called tbh, but it is what it is. If she feels like seeing you again she will message you.

Oh yeah, im aware of this. I'm dating around, this one was very sexy though, so fuck it took my shot.

LordKasual

Banned
It's a language thing, don't think too much about it. OK la?

Oh my fucking god

I've got a weird one for you guys.

Went to a friends party last weekend, met a really cute girl, we were making out at the bar we all went to afterwards. get her number and we make a soft agreement to hang out this week.

Shoot her a text monday saying nice to meet you, how was the rest of your weekend etc..

She responds in kind, seems enthusiastic. Next text I send with some more light banter and extend an offer to grab drinks....radio silence

So I grow some balls and call her last night after m y work happy hour. Straight to voicemail, which is full -okay maybe her phones dead? I try her again about 15 min later, same deal.

Then 10 min later i get a call from her, pick up and then the phone hangs up. I call her back, same thing as before, straight to voicemail.

I shoot her another text "whats up with your phone?"

So bizarre, is this girl just dodging me, or do you think her phone is totally out of whack? Either way I'm totally chilling on it for now, not much more I can do I think..she seemed to like me so I'm mad confused

Yeah, like others have said, don't make the mistake of believing that just because you made out or fucked a chick that she's super duper into you after that hot moment fades

sometimes she's really into you...sometimes she's really into the moment, sometimes she feels guilty about the way she acted and would just rather forget about the interaction

it's kind of just a tossup really. In those cases it's best to just shoot one or two messages and forget about it.

Ozorov

Maybe I was wrong about Ms. Doglady. I thought she ghosted me, but now She replied saying she had a really good time and that she could definitly wanna see each other again.

artsi

I rarely feel awkward about anything but I matched with a friend of my mother's and I got to say I'm not 100% comfortable with the situation, lol.

But I'm arranging a date anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Llyranor

I rarely feel awkward about anything but I matched with a friend of my mother's and I got to say I'm not 100% comfortable with the situation, lol.

But I'm arranging a date anyway ¯_(ツ)_/¯
If you play your cards right, you could end up in a thr... you know what, never mind.

Xun

I'd rather tell a girl I have anime body pillows everywhere than show her
a Wii U
She even said she was tempted to get a Wii U as well as a Switch...

A bit bizarre I know.

But I'm arranging a date anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
How much older are we talking?

Did you really need to have a mama bird reference as the FIRST sentence of the OP -_-

Anyway, things are still going well for us. Boston was awesome.

Day 1: I was by myself. Went and saw the Pats. They lost. That sucked.

Day 2: Picked up the girlfriend from Logan. There was some miscommunication at the pick up. She was coming into Terminal C, I thought I was at Terminal C. We spent like 30 minutes going between baggage claims before I realized I was at B. No worries though. We went back to our hotel in Woburn. We were going to walk around downtown Boston, but she was tired from her flight so she took a nap. When she woke up, we walked around Woburn.

Day 3: Went to downtown Boston. Walked the freedom trail. Climbed to the top of the Bunker Hill monument. She didn’t like that lol. Too many steps. Afterwards, we went over to Cambridge. Had milkshakes at some Vegan hipster place called Veggie Galaxy or something. Was pretty good and I’m not even vegan! Afterwards, we walked around MIT for a bit. There was trustee party going on in tents. We walked over expecting to get turned away. A security guard approached us, but didn’t turn us away. Loaded up on free food and alcohol. For dinner, we went back to downtown and hit up Union Oyster House. I had been there before, but it was better this time. Split Lobster Ravioli and Calimari. Both were amazing. Best meal of the trip

Day 3: Picked up a rental car from Logan, then drove down to Falmouth. Had breakfast at Dunkies in Brockton. She wasn’t impressed with Brockton lol. After that, we drove down to Falmouth and checked into our bed and breakfast there. We then took a ferry to Martha’s Vineyard. Martha’s Vineyward kinda sucked lol. We had a really nice dinner at Sweet Life Café though.

Day 4: Walked around Falmouth for a bit. Such a cute town. It’s like Star’s Hollow from Gilmore Girls. So charming. Then we drove to Newport RI and toured The Breakers and The Elms. The Breakers wasn’t too impressive, but The Elms was neat. Afterwards, we drove to Providence WHICH WAS AWESOME. I was super impressed with Providence. The gf liked it more than Boston. Afterwards we checked our car back in to Logan, and then took the T to our second bed and breakfast near the Commons. Went to legal seafood and had lobster rolls. That night she said I was perfect and in love with me.

Day 5: Woke up, had breakfast then went to Faneuil Square since she wanted to pick up souvenirs. She ended up buying a patriots shirt for herself (which was HOT). Then we had to go catch our flight. She cuddled with me the whole flight home.

So yeah, great trip. Things have been great since getting back too. We are going to an international food festival on Saturday. And have been chipping away at Game of Thrones. She wants to watch the new Ken Burns documentary so we’ll probably squeeze that in there too.

last weekend she came over and watched Totoro. She didn’t like it as much as she expected. Not enough Totoro.

So yeah, we are just moving along smoothly.

I've been keeping tabs on this thread. It was so gross about the girl who kept her semen panties.

Oh yeah, I also want to ask, I feel like with my last few dates I'm really bad with giving off positive signals when I'm really kind of unsure and probably going to check out of it. Like I got the feeling I wasn't interested in this girl yesterday pretty quickly, but I still went on a 3 hour date, walked around a park and laid in the grass at night while talking petty casually about whatever because we did vibe well. I feel like I'm too transparent so I come across as opening up to another person really easily. I at least held off on any physical moves.

How do you respond to them going "oh we should do that sometime!" or at the end of the date like "we should meet again!". I'm not expected to legit shoot them down there right? I kind of mumbled an "oh yeah definitely...!" to get past it and let her down when she followed up by text afterward. Bad form? Acceptable?

Shoot down on site if its really bad. text later if its just meh.

gaiages

Banned
Lol, my SO's sister works with me now and it's just hilarious watching how thirsty guys are for her. She's super pretty AND nerdy so you know all those socially awkward guys think she's a unicorn :p I'm reminded why I typically kept my hobbies mostly under wraps when meeting strangers xD

Upside, now IT actually resolves our issues instead of sitting on them for days, because now one of the IT guys is over here all the time :p

Lesson here: Don't be the IT guy at my job, don't be so thirsty for someone that everyone can see what's up immediately :p

artsi

How much older are we talking?

She's not old, just 7 years older.

But I've been seeing one 11 years older woman for three times now, going to see her again this weekend.
I've been dating older women pretty much exclusively now.

She's not old, just 7 years older.

But I've been seeing one 11 years older woman for three times now, going to see her again this weekend.
I've been dating older women pretty much exclusively now.

7 years ain't bad. The moms friends part though... lol

How old are you

Ozorov

Megas ban has ended, so expect updates soon.

Welcome back Mega.

Feels_good_man.jpg

Did you really need to have a mama bird reference as the FIRST sentence of the OP -_-

Anyway, things are still going well for us. Boston was awesome.

Day 1: I was by myself. Went and saw the Pats. They lost. That sucked.

Day 2: Picked up the girlfriend from Logan. There was some miscommunication at the pick up. She was coming into Terminal C, I thought I was at Terminal C. We spent like 30 minutes going between baggage claims before I realized I was at B. No worries though. We went back to our hotel in Woburn. We were going to walk around downtown Boston, but she was tired from her flight so she took a nap. When she woke up, we walked around Woburn.

Day 3: Went to downtown Boston. Walked the freedom trail. Climbed to the top of the Bunker Hill monument. She didn’t like that lol. Too many steps. Afterwards, we went over to Cambridge. Had milkshakes at some Vegan hipster place called Veggie Galaxy or something. Was pretty good and I’m not even vegan! Afterwards, we walked around MIT for a bit. There was trustee party going on in tents. We walked over expecting to get turned away. A security guard approached us, but didn’t turn us away. Loaded up on free food and alcohol. For dinner, we went back to downtown and hit up Union Oyster House. I had been there before, but it was better this time. Split Lobster Ravioli and Calimari. Both were amazing. Best meal of the trip

Day 3: Picked up a rental car from Logan, then drove down to Falmouth. Had breakfast at Dunkies in Brockton. She wasn’t impressed with Brockton lol. After that, we drove down to Falmouth and checked into our bed and breakfast there. We then took a ferry to Martha’s Vineyard. Martha’s Vineyward kinda sucked lol. We had a really nice dinner at Sweet Life Café though.

Day 4: Walked around Falmouth for a bit. Such a cute town. It’s like Star’s Hollow from Gilmore Girls. So charming. Then we drove to Newport RI and toured The Breakers and The Elms. The Breakers wasn’t too impressive, but The Elms was neat. Afterwards, we drove to Providence WHICH WAS AWESOME. I was super impressed with Providence. The gf liked it more than Boston. Afterwards we checked our car back in to Logan, and then took the T to our second bed and breakfast near the Commons. Went to legal seafood and had lobster rolls. That night she said I was perfect and in love with me.

Day 5: Woke up, had breakfast then went to Faneuil Square since she wanted to pick up souvenirs. She ended up buying a patriots shirt for herself (which was HOT). Then we had to go catch our flight. She cuddled with me the whole flight home.

So yeah, great trip. Things have been great since getting back too. We are going to an international food festival on Saturday. And have been chipping away at Game of Thrones. She wants to watch the new Ken Burns documentary so we’ll probably squeeze that in there too.

last weekend she came over and watched Totoro. She didn’t like it as much as she expected. Not enough Totoro.

So yeah, we are just moving along smoothly.

I've been keeping tabs on this thread. It was so gross about the girl who kept her semen panties.

With all this time spent at hotels and b&b's, was there any sexy time? Also, now I'm hungry after reading about all those different foods.

With all this time spent at hotels and b&b's, was there any sexy time? Also, now I'm hungry after reading about all those different foods.

Every day, my man. Usually in the morning. Around day 4 she started her monthly cycle but we still did other stuff. I was raw by that point anyway.

Thanks.

That reminds me. On Tuesday we were going for a walk and we saw a sign. It said "DO NOT FEED THE BIRDS"

I started to open my mouth, but I was immediately interupted.

"No. You are not baby bird".

As crazy as it seems, I only feel more attracted to her as time passes.

Every day, my man. Usually in the morning. Around day 4 she started her monthly cycle but we still did other stuff. I was raw by that point anyway.

Thanks.

That reminds me. On Tuesday we were going for a walk and we saw a sign. It said "DO NOT FEED THE BIRDS"

giphy.gif

OUR EAGLE HAS LEFT THE NEST

GODSPEED

Thanks.

Fucking kek

Ernest

Banned
Old Man Gaf here (I'll be 45 next week)... these are some of my observations after having recently gone out with over 50 women in their late 30s/early 40s...

Obviously, circumstantial and specific to my experiences, but this is from a decent sample size of over 50 different women who I've gone out with since my last serious relationship, which was just a little over 2 years ago. Previous to my last relationship, I had only gone out with women in their 20s and early 30s, none of them previously married or with kids, so this is all new-ish to me. Little less than half of them are from online, the rest from mutual acquaintances and/or through work and situations. For reference, I'm in the Orange County area, though a few of them were from LA as well.

- They all have pets. ALL of them, zero exceptions! Some cats, some both, but mostly dogs. Of course it's not at all weird that they would have pets, but it's a little weird that they ALL have pets.

- Of the ones that have children, they either have 1 or 2, never 3 or more. It was explained to me that being a single mother to 3 is exponentially more difficult than 2, so many will hold onto a bad marriage until the eldest child is out of the house. And those women are a bit older than those I've been dating.

- As with most people, the older the woman, the more life experiences she has and the more interesting she is. Makes me realize how uninteresting many younger women had been and how some of them tried to make up for it with partying or whatever.

- These experiences can also lead to issues in compatibility. When you're younger, you're not as set in you ways and you're still developing your way. After you're more set in your ways, it's more difficult to break out of it with someone who might be different. You/they can, but it involves a lot of intentional work that usually doesn't seem worth it when you're older.

- Best sex I've had has been with previously married women in their early 40s. One word: voracious!

- The ones that have never been married have some strange hang-ups, almost all of them stemming from some deep-seated trauma, either from their childhood, or more recently. For example, one woman couldn't drive at night because of a car accident she was in 10 years ago, and that's a tamer one. Of course we all have hang-ups, but I've noticed that it's far more pronounced in the women over 40 who have never been married.

- When they're looking for a relationship rather than a hook-up, they will hold back being physical at for least a few dates. If they do much more than just kiss after only one or two dates, don't expect to see them again. Younger women did this too, but the difference comes in being more proactive in building emotional intimacy before becoming physically intimate. Which is a good thing!

- Logistics and timing are far more important when you're older than when you're young. Distance, time, schedules, life-stage, etc. all have a far bigger impact on a relationship when you're middle aged than when you're younger. These have been the main reasons why most of these women didn't pan out for me (in addition to just not being compatible)

- This being a videogame forum, I thought I'd add that not a single one of these women plays videogames - not even on her phone. It's just not a thing. And the few who have sons who play videogames wished that their son didn't. It's just not a thing in their world, like at all.

There's more, but that's all I have time for rattling off right now. Just a glimpse into your dating future if you're not getting married before then.

As for me, I've been able to narrow things down to 3 front-runners! One 36 (way hot), one 40 (live around the corner), one 45 (we click well) - none of them previously married or with kids, which helps with logistics. Though the 45 year old one lives a little far, and has some hang-ups, but the sex is amazing... ;)

AdanVC

Another day of being ignored by gf. Oh the joy.... nope. I try to understand her situation but I'm honestly starting to run out of patience. I'm actually afraid of sending her a message each day only so that she ignores me and up feeling like an idiot for knowing that she obviously reads it but ignores them like if I was a random dude online. This sucks.

Girlfriend has been extremely busy with work and school to the point her health has started to suffer due to the highs amounts of stress and I'm worried. We have barely talked over the last month for that reason. We were supposed to go on a date two saturdays ago but she cancelled on the last minute through a sms message. I understood and I just told her to rest and relax that weekend. She didn't messaged me a single word the whole week except on friday but only for 5 minutes until she abruptly went offline again since she still had homework to do. She said that her new work and school schedules are absolute hell, she literally doesn't know how is she gonna make it till the end of the year with that schedule. Practically has zero time off now and of course... that means she now has zero time to talk or go out with me... I love her and I feel worried knowing she's very stressed but I also don't want to bother her with tons of messages everyday just so she ignores me due to how tired/busy she is. I don't mind if she doesn't reply to my messages or we stay days without talking since both have lot's of stuff to do, especially her. The thing that worries me is that she hasn't feeling well physically and probably mentally and I want to help her, but how since she's online for literally 3 minutes until goes offline. Maybe I should give her some space and just wait till she feels like talking to me again ?? I feel useless..
GF continues ignoring me and the worst part is that she is back on fb posting, liking and tagging people on memes as usual. That clearly means she has been feeling better from her family issues wich is great! I got happy thinking she would message me in a matter of minutes after seeing that... but she didn't. She hasn't messaged me anything since tuesday wich was when she briefly told what she was going through with her family and the reason she hasn't messaged me in days, but that she still is very into this relationship... yet here I am, being ignored once again... I've had an awful week, I feel like absolute trash mentally and physically and it sucks that I can't even count with my actual GF to talk about my day. I feel sad. I feel frustrated I feel useless.
Another day of being ignored by gf. Oh the joy.... nope. I try to understand her situation but I'm honestly starting to run out of patience. I'm actually afraid of sending her a message each day only so that she ignores me and up feeling like an idiot for knowing that she obviously reads it but ignores them like if I was a random dude online. This sucks.

I think this relationship is breaking down. You might want to get ready for the break-up.

artsi

7 years ain't bad. The moms friends part though... lol

How old are you

I'm 28, she's 35.

If you care about someone you don't just ignore them no matter what kind of shit is going on. You should put his relationship out of it's misery and find a healthy one.

I mean, random girls from Tinder will gladly give you about 3375% more attention than your girlfriend. Think about that for a bit.

AdanVC

I think this relationship is breaking down. You might want to get ready for the break-up.

That's what I'm starting to fear... I still have hopes that would not happen.
I'm 28, she's 35.

If you care about someone you don't just ignore them no matter what kind of shit is going on. You should put his relationship out of it's misery and find a healthy one.

I mean, random girls from Tinder will gladly give you about 3375% more attention than your girlfriend. Think about that for a bit.

Well damn at the bolded part ... But yeah it's been a hell of a month mentally due to this. The fact she doesn't even take 10 minutes to send me a straight to the point message of what is exactly happening and why she has been acting like this with me the whole month is just too much uncertainty for me to deal because I love her :( It's mentally exhausting. The first serious relationship I have in like a million years, why it had to be like this?? :(

That's what I'm starting to fear... I still have hopes that would not happen.

Well damn at the bolded part ... But yeah it's been a hell of a month mentally due to this. The fact she doesn't even take 10 minutes to send me a straight to the point message of what is exactly happening and why she has been acting like this with me the whole month is just too much uncertainty for me to deal because I love her :( It's mentally exhausting. The first serious relationship I have in like a million years, why it had to be like this?? :(

Acceptance.

AdanVC

Acceptance.

Hah! I mean It sucks, it really sucks, but it's not healthy to get obsessed or destroyed over someone. Right now I'm just sad. if she decides to end this relationship, I would have to respect it, even though the last time she messaged me briefly, she said she was still commited to this relationship. So as I said, I still have hopes that a break-up will not happen quite yet... but if it does oh well :'(

I'm 28, she's 35.

My girlfriend is 7 years older than me. It is awesome. Probsbly one of the best relationships I've been in. I havent felt this way since high school.

No bullshit. No mind games. She knows what she wants, and knows how to communicate it. She's open to compromise. She knows who she is.

And I like how I make her feel sexy. Because she is sexy. Very sexy.

My girlfriend is 7 years older than me. It is awesome. Probsbly one of the best relationships I've been in. I havent felt this way since high school.

No bullshit. No mind games. She knows what she wants, and knows how to communicate it. She's open to compromise. She knows who she is.

And I like how I make her feel sexy. Because she is sexy. Very sexy.

Man, I hope I get the chance to feel that way about someone in my lifetime. I'm definitely in the "always the bridesmaid, never the bride" stage of my life.

But I'm still abundantly happy for you, baby bird.

How is she with your living situation now?

She is much better about it. She stays over much more now.

We have started talking about plans to move in together. Will probably happen once her lease expires. Her mom will have to come too, but these things happen.

PixelatedBookake

Is it wrong to "practice" going on dates and sleeping with girls you're not as attracted to? I mean, being attracted to them on some level is obviously gonna be a part of being with someone, and I do have a date coming up with a girl I am into, but I've been having convo troubles with girls I'm approaching (who I think are "out of my league" I know that's a bad mindset) out of the blue. I'm gonna be 21 in a few weeks so I feel I need to work on that aspect of myself for bars and whatnot. Does anyone have any advice in regards to this?

Is it wrong to "practice" going on dates and sleeping with girls you're not as attracted to? I mean, being attracted to them on some level is obviously gonna be a part of being with someone, and I do have a date coming up with a girl I am into, but I've been having convo troubles with girls I'm approaching (who I think are "out of my league" I know that's a bad mindset) out of the blue. I'm gonna be 21 in a few weeks so I feel I need to work on that aspect of myself for bars and whatnot. Does anyone have any advice in regards to this?

I don't personally feel comfortable it feels dishonest, like you're leading them on. With regards to sex, if you aren't turned on you won't be able to have sex.

You should practice talking to girls you are attracted tom

PixelatedBookake

I don't personally feel comfortable it feels dishonest, like you're leading them on. With regards to sex, if you aren't turned on you won't be able to have sex.

You should practice talking to girls you are attracted tom

Yeah it does come off as dishonest. See what I'm trying to avoid is the situation where I talk to a girl I'm really into, fuck up, and ruin that chance. And I'm not saying I'd just be doing this with every girl I run into. Just girls I didn't find as attractive. Mentally I'll put too much pressure on myself talking to a girl I find more attractive.

Yeah it does come off as dishonest. See what I'm trying to avoid is the situation where I talk to a girl I'm really into, fuck up, and ruin that chance. And I'm not saying I'd just be doing this with every girl I run into. Just girls I didn't find as attractive. Mentally I'll put too much pressure on myself talking to a girl I find more attractive.

Read that for a moment. Don't you see what the problem with that is? I don't see how this approach will solve your problem you still going to be putting more weight into your interactions with girls you're actually attracted to. You're far better off just getting practice talking to girls you are attracted to or hell, people in general, rather than girls you consciously decide are less attractive. I don't know it just seems like a waste of time and effort, not to mention it is emotionally draining for both you and these so-called less attractive women.

Top Bottom