• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) manga thread of TOTAL SPOILER PANDEMONIUM

Loona

She twirls someone literally to death while smirking. That's pretty fucking sadistic.

At that point it probably just seemed like an efficient way to deal with the situation, considering what she got a hold of and she's amused that the though even crossed her mind.

then again, I'm kinda biased, I loved the whole Titan Annie sequence, it just kept being surprising and creative to an extent I practically rooted for her. I can't wait to see that animated, and I hope that's where all the effort's going that recent episodes have skimped on.

duckroll

Episode credits and info for ep14-17: http://i.imgur.com/cvxJEHF.jpg

Ep14 - Eyes not seen before
Ep15 - Special Operations Squad
Ep16 - Now, what is to be done?
Ep17 - Female Type Titan

The synopsis for the episodes indicate it's still going to be moving at about 1 chapter per episode. Ep14 will be the court event with Eren, ep15 is him joining Levi's team, ep16 is the aftermath of the two titans being assassinated and the investigation after (they're probably just using the ch18 title out of context, like they did with the ch5 title previously), and ep17 will be about the scouting unit moving outside the gate after Mikasa and the other join up.

It still looks like the production is in a mess, since ep15-16 have no animation directors listed and ep15 doesn't even have a director listed at the point they printed the mag. Probably outsourced episodes. Ep17 should be the next "big" episode since it has full credits and they're probably already working on it internally. It's storyboarded and directed by Daisuke Tokutsuchi.

I finally got caught up on this.

I'm not sure what chapter it was, 10? Right after everyone finds out what Eren is and he has to use his titan powers to protect his friends from cannonfire. Then we find out about his father leaving him answers in the basement. I was hooked. The author had me. I really liked the cast of characters up to that point. There was so much possibility, it seemed like a game changer that they had a titan to fight other titans. It was intriguing to see how they would use Eren's power.

Everything since then has been a slow, delayed decent into shitsville. Stupid plot twists, the janked style of flashbacks and storytelling. I'm done. Maybe I'll come back to this someday after the story has progressed but it doesn't feel worth reading anymore.

Loona

Ep17 - Female Type Titan

Ep17 should be the next "big" episode since it has full credits and they're probably already working on it internally. It's storyboarded and directed by Daisuke Tokutsuchi.

As it should be, I've been waiting for that one... but damn, that's gonna take longer than I could possibly expect...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hmm, chapter 47...

well, more mysteries on top of other mysteries I guess. I don't know what to think. Going back for Christa was pretty dumb on Ymir's part though.

Erigu

Sooo... are we to understand you need to eat human beings in order to recover your human form?
... Is that where Elen's father is gone?

kewlmyc

1373059094937_zpsf0214535.png

Also, Hannes is so going to die.

Erigu

I didn't really get that at all... what?
Well, Ymir guesses what Bertolt is getting at because she finally went back to being human just five years ago. How would she get there if her recovering her human form had nothing to do with eating somebody?
Then, she also remarks that "Elen doesn't seem to remember either". Either they saw Elen eat somebody (when?) or they're assuming he did at some point.

Also, I imagine Bertolt / Reiner / Berrick were attacked by Ymir as they were on their way to the wall for their mission, hence the backpacks?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hmm, chapter 47...

well, more mysteries on top of other mysteries I guess. I don't know what to think. Going back for Christa was pretty dumb on Ymir's part though.

Sounds like it is keeping in her particular idiom though.

So Ymir didn't actually Christa right? Like she was just holding her in her mouth?

*Sigh* And just when we where getting close to knowing what the fuck is up with the Religious group and the Titans inside the wall.

Zoe

Well, Ymir guesses what Bertolt is getting at because she finally went back to being human just five years ago. How would she get there if her recovering her human form had nothing to do with eating somebody?
Then, she also remarks that "Elen doesn't seem to remember either". Either they saw Elen eat somebody (when?) or they're assuming he did at some point.
They were saying they turned human again by having the will to do so. Eren doesn't remember his time as a titan before turning human again.

(That's assuming Eren is exactly the same as them)

So Ymir didn't actually Christa right? Like she was just holding her in her mouth?

*Sigh* And just when we where getting close to knowing what the fuck is up with the Religious group and the Titans inside the wall.

More than likely she's holding her in her mouth.
Wonder if Isayama's gonna drag the plot with Eren getting saved.. and be a while till the basement...hope not

That goddamn misunderstanding where they think Ymir betrayed them is going to be dragged out for at least one whole boring chapter, right?

It's too stressful to read this series as it comes out chapter by chapter, it's easier on my heart to wait for a full volume.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You might have this confused with Magi.

Erigu

there are many titans who eat humans and never turn back, so there has to be something more than that.
Maybe some titans can't turn back, even as they keep eating people? Maybe they're the same titans mankind is familiar with, those who can't do much of anything during the night? Degenerate titans, perhaps?

Lucc

I think she turned back because she ate a special human.

maybe a human with the same serum Eren's dad injected into him.

Tizoc

EDIT: Ah my bad, I thought the show ended for now ^^;
At any rate, at what chapter of the manga does it pick up from Ep. 13?

Given how the IP seems to be blowing up, they're going to make many more chapters.

It also seems like the English manga release schedule has sped up according to Amazon. They're planning to have the first ten volumes out by December.

So has anyone read ch.47 yet?

So is it looks like Ymir put Christa in her mouth as a means to kidnap her, and she didn't actually EAT her.

So I'm guessing the end of the anime will be around chapter 35ish based upon the second op and the current pacing. That's assuming we don't get an anime ending though I'd hope not. Guess we won't see a season 2 for at least 2 years to give the manga more time to progress.

Top Bottom