• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo wins exclusive deal for Capcom's Monster Hunter 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
thanks for the state of the union address, I think

State-of-the-Union-Obama.jpg

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
This thread was one of the reasons that I registered for GAF. The excitement and meltdowns were truly a sight to behold.

It's a blast reading through this knowing what we know today. Back in 2007, if you would've told me that Monster Hunter would become a Nintendo exclusive franchise, I would have laughed in your face, said "MH4 will be on PS3 or PS4 so it doesn't matter", and been done with it.

Monster Hunter Tri went on to become one of the most successful third party games in the history of the Wii. Portable 3rd was released for PSP and an HD version was made available for PS3. Both were a huge success and people believed that Tri was probably a one time thing and that the series was officially back on Sony platforms.

However, once Monster Hunter Tri G was announced for 3DS alongside the announcement of Monster Hunter 4 for 3DS, the future became apparent.

Tri G is still holding strong on the Japanese charts almost a year later and Monster Hunter 4 (still exclusive to 3DS) is prepping for an information blowout at TGS. Meanwhile, a Vita Monster Hunter is nowhere to be found and is no longer expected.

We now live in a world where Nintendo's next home console, the Wii U, is launching in Japan with an HD Monster Hunter.

monster_hunter_ultimate_wii_u.jpg

Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate will be launching for Wii U and 3DS in North America in March. Monster Hunter 4 will also launch in March in Japan. And, if the HD Version of Tri Ultimate is a success, which it no doubt will be, the trend will probably continue and the "G" version of 4 will probably also be released on Wii U as an HD version that allows for cross-play with a 3DS version.

Monster Hunter, along with Dragon Quest (which had a similar thread when its move to Nintendo was first announced), have now become key franchises for Nintendo. The future that I believed was nothing more than a pipe dream of Nintendo fanboys has now become a reality. Perhaps this is the future that awaits us now...

tumblr_lhlkygHxWl1qzp9weo1_400.jpg
You seriously bumped a 5 year old thread with a pre-written fanboy essay?

thanks for the state of the union address, I think

State-of-the-Union-Obama.jpg

That's actually exactly what I had in mind with the bump. A State of the Monster Hunter Franchise Address.

You seriously bumped a 5 year old thread with a pre-written fanboy essay?

Yes. But it wasn't pre-written, I just wrote this after re-reading through the thread.

Also, I might be a junior, but I can read a man's tag...

cjelly
will gladly bend over and grab ankles for Microsoft
(Today, 10:10 PM)

EDIT:

That post probably could have sustained a new thread, so it's unfortunate that it was a necrobump. I'd love to know what we'll know a year from now.

Would've made a new thread but I don't have that power yet. :/

So I was just scanning the home page when I see "Nintendo wins exclusive deal" and the HYPE WAS UHDCUWGBVSWYUVYVYSBVUSIBBVFDSBFDSBFDIYGIGSB.

But your feelings of happiness are sincerely acknowledged. =)

apana

Smart strategerizing by Nintendo. Wii U should lift off like a rocket in Japan now that it has Monster Hunter 3 exclusive.

So I was just scanning the home page when I see "Nintendo wins exclusive deal" and the HYPE WAS UHDCUWGBVSWYUVYVYSBVUSIBBVFDSBFDSBFDIYGIGSB.

But your feelings of happiness are sincerely acknowledged. =)

Don't know if I'm really happy to be honest. I would've loved a fully realized Monster Hunter 4 on PS3 (or on Vita).

But I'm not one to port-beg. Never have been and never will be. I'll play whatever system the games I want to play come out on.

Must have been a great reason to register after the release of Monster Hunter Tri then.

I joined after seeing the massive amount of fun GAF MHTri players were having in the community thread. This thread was one literally the reason I found out about GAF in the first place.

Iceblade

Guy bumps thread with a relevant and thought provoking post, 10 GAFers whine about said bump and contribute nothing to the discussion as a result. Seriously guys, at least he's using the search button.

Cheers for the post, bud. It's pretty interesting to see how the times have changed!

The Giant

Banned
This thread was one of the reasons that I registered for GAF. The excitement and meltdowns were truly a sight to behold.

It's a blast reading through this knowing what we know today. Back in 2007, if you would've told me that Monster Hunter would become a Nintendo exclusive franchise, I would have laughed in your face, said "MH4 will be on PS3 or PS4 so it doesn't matter", and been done with it.

Monster Hunter Tri went on to become one of the most successful third party games in the history of the Wii. Portable 3rd was released for PSP and an HD version was made available for PS3. Both were a huge success and people believed that Tri was probably a one time thing and that the series was officially back on Sony platforms.

However, once Monster Hunter Tri G was announced for 3DS alongside the announcement of Monster Hunter 4 for 3DS, the future became apparent.

Tri G is still holding strong on the Japanese charts almost a year later and Monster Hunter 4 (still exclusive to 3DS) is prepping for an information blowout at TGS. Meanwhile, a Vita Monster Hunter is nowhere to be found and is no longer expected.

We now live in a world where Nintendo's next home console, the Wii U, is launching in Japan with an HD Monster Hunter.

monster_hunter_ultimate_wii_u.jpg

Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate will be launching for Wii U and 3DS in North America in March. Monster Hunter 4 will also launch in March in Japan. And, if the HD Version of Tri Ultimate is a success, which it no doubt will be, the trend will probably continue and the "G" version of 4 will probably also be released on Wii U as an HD version that allows for cross-play with a 3DS version.

Monster Hunter, along with Dragon Quest (which had a similar thread when its move to Nintendo was first announced), have now become key franchises for Nintendo. The future that I believed was nothing more than a pipe dream of Nintendo fanboys has now become a reality. Perhaps this is the future that awaits us now...

tumblr_lhlkygHxWl1qzp9weo1_400.jpg

Couldn't you have posted this in the MH3U thread instead?

apana

At what point are you not allowed to bump a thread? It seems like the rules are really fluid, all I can remember is that bumps are frowned upon.

Guy bumps thread with a relevant and thought provoking post, 10 GAFers whine about said bump and contribute nothing to the discussion as a result. Seriously guys, at least he's using the search button.

Cheers for the post, bud. It's pretty interesting to see how the times have changed!

The other thread was on the front page and much more relevant. He only wanted to be the center of attention, like most bumps go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom