• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

At first I felt them same, when I had my brand new console and I'd paid £20 for the privilege. Then I played the game some more an realised it was one of the worst games I've ever played.

I love Twisted Pixel too

Madness. Utter madness.

It's a damn good game. The comedy, the cut scenes, the voice acting, the simplistic yet deep gameplay, the epic, almost medium elevating score. It's just a damn good game and it disappoints me to see people who didn't understand crap all over it.

I think TR is guaranteed before ROTR releases, because it was made free with PS+ for PS3 too so it's definitely a possibility. The only thing I'm not sure on is whether it'll be for 360 or xbox one, hopefully xbox one.

I don't think so, microsoft's logic would probably be that giving Tomb Raider DE for free will give customers a tomb raider fix and they would be more likely to wait longer to purchase the sequel. The games are way too similar in terms of gameplay and graphics, if I got one for free I wouldn't be likely to spend $60 on a game that is almost identical. Imagine if you received Assassins Creed IV Black flag for $0, would you be likely to purchase Assassins Creed Rogue soon after for $60? Or would you rather instead spend that money on a game offering an entirely different experience. If microsoft wanted to hype people for the new tomb raider with the old tomb raider they should have given it away for free a long time ago.

Chris1

I don't think so, microsoft's logic would probably be that giving Tomb Raider DE for free will give customers a tomb raider fix and they would be more likely to wait longer to purchase the sequel. The games are way too similar in terms of gameplay and graphics, if I got one for free I wouldn't be likely to spend $60 on a game that is almost identical. Imagine if you received Assassins Creed IV Black flag for $0, would you be likely to purchase Assassins Creed Rogue soon after for $60? Or would you rather instead spend that money on a game offering an entirely different experience. If microsoft wanted to hype people for the new tomb raider with the old tomb raider they should have given it away for free a long time ago.

Well, I don't think it will be out the month before but rather a few months in advance. I also don't agree with the 'more likely to wait longer to purchase the sequel', well, maybe if TRDE is given away free the same month it comes out but I don't expect that to happen. Majority of sales come from the first month, people want to play games when they're hot and I don't think making TRDE free several months before hand will change that. Also something to remember is that TR sold a ton more on PS compared to xbox, so MS may want to give the first game away free and at least make the exclusive deal worthwhile, an easy way to do that would be to get people hooked on the TR franchise is by making it free.

MS seems to like doing things like that, for example The Witcher 2 free last month before TW3(not exclusive but they have a marketing deal), Halo reach free in september before MCC, DR2 near the start of GWG before DR3. May just be a coincidence but it seems to be a trend for a few games so far.

sam777

Well, I don't think it will be out the month before but rather a few months in advance.

MS seems to like doing things like that, for example The Witcher 2 free last month before TW3(not exclusive but they have a marketing deal), Halo reach free in september before MCC, DR2 near the start of GWG before DR3. May just be a coincidence but it seems to be a trend for a few games so far.

Yeah this, I expect Tomb Raider around June/July.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
This level?

I mean, my time with it was only at PAX Prime and it was a repetitive shallow mess that everyone in attendance avoided. Watching that video was physically painful, apologize.

You have to play it within the context of the game. The fact that is goes FMV on you is such a fucking throwback. I was overjoyed to say the least.

Agreed. Still, I compare LocoCycle to ok looking twins. Two semi-attractive women (or men if that's your preference) does not equal one one supermodel.

Hey, I'd take too ok looking twins over a super model. Who wouldn't?

This level?

I mean, my time with it was only at PAX Prime and it was a repetitive shallow mess that everyone in attendance avoided. Watching that video was physically painful, apologize.

You have to play it within the context of the game. The fact that is goes FMV on you is such fucking throwback. I was overjoyed to say the least.

Yup. it doesn't make sense out of context, but playing the game and reaching that level is just one of the greatest and most memorable moments in gaming.

Ape

Banned
You have to play it within the context of the game. The fact that is goes FMV on you is such fucking throwback. I was overjoyed to say the least.

lol that's fine, I'm just messing around. I don't have a problem with people liking games, it was just funny.

Yup. it doesn't make sense out of context, but playing the game and reaching that level is just one of the greatest and most memorable moments in gaming.

mj-laughing.gif

Montresor

Modern Warfare 2 would be incredible. That game had a great single player. Same scale and feel as MW1 without the horrible infinitely spawning enemies.

Chris1

Yeah I wouldn't mind mw2 either actually for the 360. As someone who started CoD on BO1 I've always wanted to play the mw1/2 campaigns.

Has an Activision game ever been free with PS+ or GWG though? That's the only thing making me think it won't happen. I mean, they barely even put their games on sale and when they do it's a stingy amount so i can't see them giving it away for free.

There's a post on Reddit claiming the GWG for March are Rayman Legends and #IDARB for XB1 and Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite for 360. Says the source is Expert Zone so I have no idea as to the validity.

Also says that April will have "twice the free games."

There's a post on Reddit claiming the GWG for March are Rayman Legends and #IDARB for XB1 and Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite for 360. Says the source is Expert Zone so I have no idea as to the validity.

Its not MW2 so I don't believe it.

kevin1025

Banned
Yeah I wouldn't mind mw2 either actually for the 360. As someone who started CoD on BO1 I've always wanted to play the mw1/2 campaigns.

Has an Activision game ever been free with PS+ or GWG though? That's the only thing making me think it won't happen. I mean, they barely even put their games on sale and when they do it's a stingy amount so i can't see them giving it away for free.

Prototype 2 was on PS+, but other than that I'm not sure what else there's been.

I would be soooo disappointed if they give out tomb raider and not tomb raider DE

Hatchtag

Banned

Rayman Legends would be the best free game on XBO since Guacamelee.

Bessy67

Cool, I'm down for Rayman Legends and Bioshock Infinite. And double games in April sounds nice.

New thread worthy. So... 4 360 and 2 XB1 games per month now? That would be amazing.
The wording is pretty specific that this is for April. I wouldn't expect double in May and beyond.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Cool, I'm down for Rayman Legends and Bioshock Infinite. And double games in April sounds nice.

The wording is pretty specific that this is for April. I wouldn't expect double in May and beyond.

Maybe we'll see more than normal, though. I wonder what's coming in April for them to go double.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Aprils games are great if I didn't already have them all. I bought TR on sale digitally last year. Got Bioshock free on Plus and bought Rayman on PS3 last year on sale digitally.

Fuck.

Top Bottom