• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM subscriptions are up.

Love the fact that they are using better paper. EGM started getting really cheap/thin later on.

Also, I doubt we'll see as many free subscriptions this time. I was getting EGM for 4 years, and had a few more to go, before they tanked. And you can't blame me for getting them for free. Who the hell wouldn't?

luffeN

With the last EGM I was able to get a subscription for Austria and I still can choose the country in the link, but will they send it to me?

edit: just tried and it gives me: Incorrect term for your country.

well, obviously because I can't choose a state xD

Lourio

ChefRamsay said:
Up here in Canada I didn't get Maxim OR any subscription fees back when they got the axe. I know, shocking, I actually paid for EGM.

I feel stupid giving them even more money.

Same here, what happens to us?

Johningame

Neo Member
Subscribed. It will be interesting to see what kind of editorial tone they go with. We all know how much things have changed--I wish them all the best.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I'm torn; if I'm able to read the digital issues on my iPod that's great and all but I'm not sure what content they can offer that GAF/demos/podcasts don't already provide.

Jrmint

So I placed my order and it just refreshed the order page with all my info on it, no confirmation page or anything.

Did this happen to anyone else? I don't want to click it again and get charged twice.

Johningame

Neo Member
Skel said:
So I placed my order and it just refreshed the order page with all my info on it, no confirmation page or anything.

Did this happen to anyone else? I don't want to click it again and get charged twice.

Same here. I just closed the page and checked my email. They sent me a confirmation.

Jrmint

Yea I'm pumped about the nice paper as well, and I agree I hope they go back to the old font for EGM which actually wrote out Electronic Gaming Monthly.

Neoism - Think you should change your avvy a few more times in the past 5 mins? :D

dakilla13

I would love to see a digital only subscription option. With Kindle's and soon the iPad becoming more and more popular, I would rather not clutter my house with physical copies. Also with digital, I would be able to access and search old issues in an instant. If EGM can somehow translate their paper issues to digital they can count me in.

hokahey

If Sean Baby is gone and they start paying attention to more than the 16 year old male demographic I might pay attention.

dakilla13 said:
I would love to see a digital only subscription option. With Kindle's and soon the iPad becoming more and more popular, I would rather not clutter my house with physical copies. Also with digital, I would be able to access and search old issues in an instant. If EGM can somehow translate their paper issues to digital they can count me in.

Ha, I've got over two boxes full of EGM's going from 2000 to 2009(?) and scattered issues everywhere.

But I never got my Maxim issues when my subscription ended so no boobies = no new subscription.

Jrmint

hokahey said:
If Sean Baby is gone and they start paying attention to more than the 16 year old male demographic I might pay attention.
On that EGM NOW twitter, he said Sean Baby was just added to the roster.

ChefRamsay said:
Up here in Canada I didn't get Maxim OR any subscription fees back when they got the axe. I know, shocking, I actually paid for EGM.

Weird, im in Canada, and Im getting Maxim now instead. Id rather have gotten my money back though :p

Tobor

Benjamin1981 said:
Hopefully they will build an iPad app with access to all the digital issues. Would be rad.

Yeah, this I would subscribe to. I'm not paying for more paper to throw away.

Cool, signed up for 6 months. If it looks like the magazine will stick around I'll jump in for a year next time

For those talking about the iPad, read http://www.egmnow.com/

EGM is a complex endeavor that required many months of hard work and, as we get closer to launch, I'll share more specifics (including how it will interface with the iPad and the next generation of tablets).

Max said:
More than double the price for Canada? I don't get it.
Tariffs on American magazines that were brought in under Chretien in the mid 1990s. You know, since having access to things printed in other countries would kill Canadian culture. Fucking Liberal bullshit protectionism because Time was outselling Maclean's.

ChefRamsay said:

You should feel stupid for ignoring that this is a different company publishing it now.

Slavik81

PhatPhucGabe said:
Tariffs on American magazines that were brought in under Chretien in the mid 1990s. You know, since having access to things printed in other countries would kill Canadian culture. Fucking Liberal bullshit protectionism because Time was outselling Maclean's.
Very interesting. I didn't know that.
I'd always presumed that it was mostly the increased shipping costs and the lower value that american advertisers would place on Canadian readers (since many ads would be not be as relevant to Canadians).

neoism

Skel said:
Yea I'm pumped about the nice paper as well, and I agree I hope they go back to the old font for EGM which actually wrote out Electronic Gaming Monthly.

Neoism - Think you should change your avvy a few more times in the past 5 mins? :D
:lol :lol No I just have a lot, and they reload a new one every time the page loads!

Irish

I just hope they have great cover art like they did for the year or so previous to the year before they died. Sorta like GameInformer is getting now. I'm also hoping for great rumors again as well as Exclusive Previews. Am I hoping for too much? Yep, but I already subscribed.

Firestorm

PhatPhucGabe said:
It's important to protect Canadian culture. Tariffs are merely the wrong way to do it. Rewarding Canadians for creating content instead of punishing Americans for exporting content would be much more helpful.

Shurs

While I'm happy that there will be another games magazine in print, I will wait for impressions before I buy a subscription.

Bii

I'm actually more interested in the digital version as I might get an iPad down the line. Not sure if I'll subscribe for 6 months or a year. I suppose I'll sleep on it.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Despite the fact that 1) I loved EGM and 2) have over 150 issues stored away, I just can't see my self subscribing due to their lack of PC game coverage. I spend probably 90% of my gaming time on PC these days and to have a gaming mag that doesn't cover the format is mind boggling. Still, I wish them the best of luck.

PhatPhucGabe said:

Is this still in place? Chretien hasn't been in power for a few elections now, right?

The Conservatives certainly didn't waste any time dismantling all the environmental programs the Liberals put in place.

You might want to ask them why they haven't done the same for magazine tariffs...

And for something slightly more on topic--why don't they bring back "next generation". That mag walked all over EGM. And Sean Baby? Yah, I'll pass. Looks like I just saved myself damn near $60. Thanks Twitter!

Houston3000 said:
Cool, signed up for 6 months. If it looks like the magazine will stick around I'll jump in for a year next time

For those talking about the iPad, read http://www.egmnow.com/

Sounds good, but i want a real app. They can even add the print issues to this app and sell subscriptions internationally way easier than sending the magazine around the world.

Top Bottom