• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

I'm not much of a manga reader, but what's wrong with this one? The PV's look tame to be honest.

Well previous anime based on his work have been Suzuka and A Town Where You Live. I liked em both. And I think Fuuka will work better as an anime given it's about a band.

Line_HTX

I really liked akibas trip. First episode was fun and the MC wasn't one of those lame afraid of the opposite sex types.

Kinda bummed they didn't use characters from undead and undressed but I'm liking everyone so far. And they used Katis design and origin.
Will keep watching.

Kimi Raikkonen (lmao) is the best maid.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Explain, because I'm kinda looking forward to it...??

It's Seo, all sorts of ridiculous twists happen all the time in Seo manga.

Don't read spoilers or the comments on the streams of the show if you want to experience the ride the way GodSeo-sama intended.

Love Live! Sunshine!! - 01

DGGF71k.jpg

Ah, yes. The age old problem of getting enough club members.

Riko hasn't even heard of muse? That's weird...

Cornbread78

When's the deadline for AOTY again? I already know which shows I'm voting for, but need to do the write ups.

1/31/2017 @ 11:59pm PST

It's Seo, all sorts of ridiculous twists happen all the time in Seo manga.

Don't read spoilers or the comments on the streams of the show if you want to experience the ride the way GodSeo-sama intended.

OK, gotcha. Stay off of MAL discussion boards or anywhere else online then.... check./

phaze

Wall of Shame:
Code:
Cornbread78	888
[/QUOTE]

My quest for the 1st spot grows ever so harder ...

[quote="Pellaidh, post: 227642632"]Hi AnimeGAF, I'm hoping to get some suggestions on what to watch next.

I kinda feel like I've already seen every big/well known show that I'd be interested in, and even plenty of obscure things that still regularly show up on various top 10 underrated anime lists. I'd also prefer suggestions from earlier than 2015, since that's when I started following shows seasonally, and I feel I'm pretty well caught up. Basically, I'm looking for shows that either slipped under the radar for one reason or another, or shows with flaws that keep them from being universally recommended but still have enough redeeming values to be worth watching.

Mostly, I'm looking for two different kinds of shows. 

First, a good, decently fast paced (so no 100+ episode shounens) action show with a focus on fast and interesting visuals. Some examples of shows like that that I feel are very rarely mentioned:

Yozakura Quarter (the 2013 one)
Xam'd
Noein
.[/QUOTE]

Birdy the Mighty Decode 1st and 2nd season.
Afro Samurai
To some extent Katanagatari which fits also your desire for unique visuals.

I'm not vouching for their scripts but as far as action goes they're good.
[quote="Pellaidh, post: 227642632"]

Really though, I'm open to any suggestions that have a strong and distinct visual or animation style. It seems most anime reviews focus much more on the story/character side of things than on the visuals/overall execution, which can make finding interesting shows to watch rather difficult for me, as I much prefer the latter. For reference of what I've already seen, here's my MyAnimeList, although it might not be 100% up to date:  [URL="https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Pellaidh"]https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Pellaidh[/URL][/QUOTE]

[B]Trapeze, Tsuritama[/B] from Mononoke director, the first in particular has unique visuals.

[B]Shigurui, Texhnolyze[/B] from Hiroshi Hamasaki, who has a very distinct aesthetic to most of his shows. Shigurui covers only half of the manga

Mouryo no Hako, set in 50s in Japan, very atmospheric crime mystery show with some occult.

Taruranto

Super Lovers exists to make us remember there is an equivalent of creepy shit like Illya but for the other kind of fanbases too.

Andrew J.

I just notice Youjo Senki(Saga of Tanya the Evil) official is making this show as creepy feeling(for people that never read the source material) as they can lol.

I considered watching this show for a while, but the visuals are just so off-putting I don't think I can go through with it.

zulux21

I just notice Youjo Senki(Saga of Tanya the Evil) official is making this show as creepy feeling(for people that never read the source material) as they can lol.

I am hoping it turns out decently.

it's a stupid premise but that hasn't stopped shows from being really enjoyable in the past lol.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka is notorious for its melodramatic twists. To this day, I don't think I ever encountered someone who liked it after a certain point.

I'm like the only dude in the manga thread who keeps up with it every week.

It's nowhere near as rage-inducing as Kimi no Iru Machi.

MSMrRound

Hyouka 1-5

Going into Hyouka with close to zero knowledge of what's going on, Oreki is pretty much my preferred MC type, and he gave me quite a bit of Hachiman vibes.

First mystery wrapped up pretty nicely, and I think I'm starting to enjoy quite a bit of Ibara's presence now that we got introduced to her

Definitely getting more and more curious as the story progress.

Fate Grand Order-First Order

Definitely no Ufotable-tier, but still some pretty enjoyable popcorn in the form of Mashu and Lanc-I mean..Caster-bro. Please animate the REGEND slayer for the next arc.

Akiba's Trip the Animation

Cartoony designs aside, I actually enjoyed it a fair bit. While part of me kind of wanted them to go with existing characters, going with a new story with completely new characters was a bold move and I can safely say that I'll watch it for a bit more.

Those Sore Ga Seiyuu figurines though. Heh. Gonzo with their own Gonzo-verse promoting again.

Also, whew, that revival scene.

Clov

Getting annoyed that Hummingbird (now Kitsu) has somehow gotten even slower at putting up new shows. I tried to use the tool to transfer over my list to MyAnimeList, but now that Hummingbird changed their website it doesn't work. Adding everything to a new MAL account would take a ridiculous amount of time, so it looks like I'm stuck until someone makes a new way of moving my list over.

Thud

Also made it to the list. My life is literally over.

Anyway First Blood!

The Red Turtle

My
turtle
wife can't be this cute.

Really enjoyed watching it and the documentary on the bluray was nice. Een beetje Neerlandsch trots kan geen kwaad.

Cornbread78

RahXephon ep.3
C4O3op8.jpg

What in the hell just happened and what is going on. TERRA chick, can you just give straight answers about everything dammit...

MSMrRound

I considered watching this show for a while, but the visuals are just so off-putting I don't think I can go through with it.

Aoi Yuuki's voicing the lead so I guess I can maybe watch a few episodes...hopefully the character is some sort of a unhinged character.

Szadek

Princess Precure - Ep. 6
This episode had a lot of expostion, but now they have a clear goal and they know who the villains are and what they want.

Obviously haruka is going to become the Grand Princess, but it's good that her rather vage goal of becoming a Princess now has a clear direction.
The fight was pretty weak, but it was mostly just there introduce Lock, so it's not a big deal.

zulux21

oh I forgot to ask.
does 91 days get more interesting?

If the first episode didn't grab me should I bother continuing or should I just move onto Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu?

I am getting home early today, so I am telling my roommate that we are finishing Cowboy Bebop tonight. Need to just wrap this up.

When's the deadline for AOTY again? I already know which shows I'm voting for, but need to do the write ups.

I believe its the end of the month.

My quest for the 1st spot grows ever so harder ...

I remember when he would give Cajun a run for his money. Now there is no threat.

Hyouka 1-5

Going into Hyouka with close to zero knowledge of what's going on, Oreki is pretty much my preferred MC type, and he gave me quite a bit of Hachiman vibes.

First mystery wrapped up pretty nicely, and I think I'm starting to enjoy quite a bit of Ibara's presence now that we got introduced to her

Definitely getting more and more curious as the story progress.

YAS!!! Hyouka is really good!

Line_HTX

oh I forgot to ask.

If the first episode didn't grab me should I bother continuing or should I just move onto Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu?

Please continue. The road only gets darker.

Speaking of which, I need to finish watching that, lol

phaze

oh I forgot to ask.

91 days is bad show, rife with quality, silly politics and FAAAAANGO. Thought the beginning and bits of end parts (the penultimate episode) were about the only decent thing in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom