• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sly Collection rated for vita

EMT0

Banned
This....this is the best thing to happen in forever. I REALLY need a Vita. I'm holding out till E3 for a price drop, but then? Then all bets are off, if I don't see a price drop, I'm buying one on the next available deal.

Ratchet next please.

Carl

I'll probably buy it again for Vita.

Yay

Now get on with Ratchet and Clank Trilogy and i'll be all over that shit. Platinum'd all three on PS3 in less than a week, i wanna beat my time :p

Well its only April. COD and Assassins Creed Vita weren't announced until later in the year last year I think? (Big exclusives even if not from Sony and COD was a bit of an abomination) Retail on Vita is starting to look up, im hopeful that if they can keep steady stream of retail announcements going we'll get some bigger to go with KZ/Tearaway at the end of the year.

The more I read about it the more interest I am in Batman: Blackgate too.

COD/AC were technically both announced in 2011.

Takao

Banned
To be fair, development started before Wii U was a bomba (before its release, that is).

Even so, PS3 had about an 8 million unit lead on Wii U in Japan. Still no Dragon Quest on that platform. Honestly, releasing an MMO exclusive to Nintendo platforms is one of the dumbest things I've seen Square Enix do. It wasn't the PS2 version of FFXI that made them all of that money ...

rjc571

Banned
They should really do Ape Escape next. Portable Ape Escape 2 = HNNNGGGGGG. Plus the PS2 games weren't as taxing on the hardware as the Jak/Ratchet/Sly games, so they should be easier to port. Plus it just plain makes sense to put it on the Vita, as it's one of the few game series that uses dual joysticks in a meaningful way.

ReaperXL7

It sucks that Kingdom hearts HD is not coming to Vita consider FFXHD is, but as much I would want the God of War collection on Vita I dont think 3 would even be possible to reproduce on the Vita would it?

Still wish we could get a Dark cloud collection.

Certinty

Awesome.

Have yet to get it for PS3 and haven't picked up the newest one yet so I'll hold off and get this and then the newest one.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Not interested in this collection or in the j&d one, i don't like 3d platformers, for me platformer = 2d :(

Takao

Banned
They should really do Ape Escape next. Portable Ape Escape 2 = HNNNGGGGGG. Plus the PS2 games weren't as taxing on the hardware as the Jak/Ratchet/Sly games, so they should be easier to port. Plus it just plain makes sense to put it on the Vita, as it's one of the few game series that uses dual joysticks in a meaningful way.

It would also give us a chance to get those Japan-only titles.

Kafel

Banned
It sucks that Kingdom hearts HD is not coming to Vita consider FFXHD is, but as much I would want the God of War collection on Vita I dont think 3 would even be possible to reproduce on the Vita would it?

Still wish we could get a Dark cloud collection.
Maybe S-E will change their mind if FFX sells very well.

Agent X

Do we know who's porting it to Vita? I hope it's not the same team that's doing the J&D collection.....

I would say Sanzaru is a good candidate for the port. They did great work with The Sly Collection on PS3, and they also have experience with PS Vita development as well with Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. I can't think of anyone more suited to the task, aside from possibly Sucker Punch themselves. However, they are already busy with inFamous: Second Son, and on top of that they might not have Sanzaru's level of hands-on experience with Vita development.

So, cheap ports is Sony's support for Vita? Okay...

I don't see a problem, especially since Sony does have other new and original games coming.

With regard to the Sly games themselves, games like these and the Jak & Daxter games are longtime fan favorites. You can already see people in this thread hoping for the Ratchet & Clank games to make the jump, too. All of these games have the potential to appeal to a broad range of players.

KAL2006

Banned
They need to do the following

MGS HD Collection 2 (Peace Walker and Portable Ops)
Devil May Cry HD Collection
Kingdom Hearts HD Collection
Final Fantasy XII Zodiac HD
Viewtiful Joe HD Collection
Resident Evil Collection (4 and Revelations)
Dragon Quest VIII HD
Ratchet HD Collection HD
Team ICO Collection
God of War HD Collection
God of War Portable HD Collection

Even so, PS3 had about an 8 million unit lead on Wii U in Japan. Still no Dragon Quest on that platform. Honestly, releasing an MMO exclusive to Nintendo platforms is one of the dumbest things I've seen Square Enix do. It wasn't the PS2 version of FFXI that made them all of that money ...

It was in Japan and that's the only country that has DQX at the moment, so staying console exclusive is a sound decision (though porting to PS3 would've been a shitload smarter than supporting the Wii U). If they release it worldwide and still keep it Wii U exclusive, then yeah, they're idiots. But DQX's never going to do as well as FFXI anyway, as DQ simply doesn't have the popularity outside of Japan, so who knows what SE are thinking.

Top Bottom