• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Karl2177

Thinking down the road, The Halo 4 OT better be "Halo 4 |OT| I have long dreamt of this day, Reclaimer".

Edit: Halo |OT5| I will not allow you to leave this thread

Halo |OT5| There are things about Halo 4 that even the Hierarchs do not understand

EDIT: Halo |OT5| There are things about Halo 4 that even the pros do not understand ?

If true than insta spawning wont even be an issue.
The implications of choosing where to spawn if you wait out the timer is very interesting. Hopefully it will work better than Invasion, but that mainly suffered from too few locations per round that were easily campable.

that's the article I've been posting about for the last couple of pages. :)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
that's the article I've been posting about for the last couple of pages. :)

Ah, my bad. Just showed on my feeds. Good work! :p

That spawn section again:
Polygon said:
The change most likely to stir controversy is quick spawning. Where previous Halo titles required a countdown of at least five seconds to get back into the fight after a death, hitting "X" instantly drops you into a random spawn point farther away than waiting for the still-in-place timer to count down otherwise would. As a less patient player, perhaps, I always spawned right away, eager to keep playing, and this should also help players learning the landscape of Halo 4's mix of old and new elements stay engaged.

Vire

Shack News preview

http://www.shacknews.com/article/74202/e3-2012-halo-4

Interesting quote about Spartan Ops:

"The spaceship Infinity, which is seen crashing into the planet in the E3 trailer, will be the hub for all multiplayer activity, including customization and loadouts. War Games mode, which has been the traditional MP mode, is now treated as a training mode for the Spartan Ops mode. the latter will offer episodic fiction each week, with five new gameplay missions associated with that fiction. O'Connor said the missions are more than just "blow up a generator," but involve actual people you have met on the Infinity and the missions and story affect those characters and how the story play out. 343 has planned months worth of episodes with each advancing the story, with the episodes continuing the campaign story arc roughly six months after the campaign ends."

Hopefully they deliver on this.

TheOddOne

Interesting quote about Spartan Ops.
Yeah, since the GI reveal we know that they are going to create a whole set of new characters for Spartan Ops.

The series “Forward Unto Dawn” also follows another Spartan who befriends Chief years before. I guess that ties into Spartan Ops aswell.

GhaleonEB

Ghaleon, you know what to do.

I like it, but I feel like I should follow on to the title of this one somehow so I might save it for the next one. The idea was to establish how difficult trust was to get (playing off 343's many "trust us" requests), and then pay that off in the next title, one way or the other.

I'd say they earned a lot of trust, myself.

I like it, but I feel like I should follow on to the title of this one somehow so I might save it for the next one. The idea was to establish how difficult trust was to get (playing off 343's many "trust us" requests), and then pay that off in the next title, one way or the other.

I'd say they earned a lot of trust, myself.

For campaign and spartan ops, sure, but I think a lot of people, including me, are still very, very skeptical about the multiplayer.

TheOddOne

No one cares about what you want, Ghaleon.

Now get on it.

lol
iSZYwMsz2omhB.gif

That's the article I have posted before it was even cool.
Hypstertrooper ;-)

Shack News preview

http://www.shacknews.com/article/74202/e3-2012-halo-4

Interesting quote about Spartan Ops:

"The spaceship Infinity, which is seen crashing into the planet in the E3 trailer, will be the hub for all multiplayer activity, including customization and loadouts. War Games mode, which has been the traditional MP mode, is now treated as a training mode for the Spartan Ops mode. the latter will offer episodic fiction each week, with five new gameplay missions associated with that fiction. O'Connor said the missions are more than just "blow up a generator," but involve actual people you have met on the Infinity and the missions and story affect those characters and how the story play out. 343 has planned months worth of episodes with each advancing the story, with the episodes continuing the campaign story arc roughly six months after the campaign ends."

Hopefully they deliver on this.
If they can deliver on making the story as compelling as the gameplay, I will be extremely happy. Bungie never really could pull this off after the first game; Halo 2 was story over gameplay, Halo 3 was gameplay over story, and Reach was...uh...

Top Bottom