• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance Burning Skies |OT| Extinguishing the Flames of Vitality

Carl

Ohh the multiplayer is pretty fun. Love the instant respawns. I hate having to wait forever to get back into the action.

VanWinkle

The multiplayer is pretty fun, but the framerate is definitely sub-30 during gameplay, unlike in single-player where it's pretty tight.

ryushe

Tried the demo last night and was pleasantly surprised, which is even more surprising since I don't even particularly like this franchise (Though I still think the first game was and is incredible). If the demo is any indication, I thought it was actually quite good on all fronts -- gameplay and visually. If not for Gravity Rush and the MGS collection coming out soon as well as some 3DS games I'm interested in, I might've just picked this up, but I guess I might as well wait until it hits the bins.

Cudder

Played a few matches and its pretty fun! Its got some severe freezing issues though. Sometimes the match just freezes/ends mid way through. The bite sized matches are perfect for a handheld though!

Carl

Just finished it.
Typical Resistance ending, lol

Great game, enjoyed every moment of it. Don't get me wrong, it is in no way perfect. I was very disappointed in the muffled dialogue, terrible gun sounds and mehtastic graphics. Most of that was forgotten about while playing though, and i honestly had a lot of fun with it.

It feels very Resistance. They did a good job of making the weapons Resistance-y. The new weapons are cool and the return of the series old weapons is cool to see too. The story is very typical Resistance - kill a ton of chimera, blow shit up. As usual :p The controls are TIGHT. I love them. The touchscreen stuff isn't great but it could be a hell of a lot worse. I got used to them after about the second chapter.

Very pleased with this purchase :) I thoroughly recommend anyone who is a fan of Resistance to buy it.

Himself

Does it attempt to add anything to the lore or fill in any of the blank holes in the stories from the console games? I love Resistance, but was really unimpressed with the demo.

AwRy108

Post patch, can't finish a MP match w/o the game completely crashing. Fuck gaming in the 21st century, and fuck Nihilistic for putting out a busted product. Getting my Platinum and trading this piece of shit in to the highest bidder. Fuck you, Nihilistic, I hope your studio goes under.

Post patch, can't finish a MP match w/o the game completely crashing. Fuck gaming in the 21st century, and fuck Nihilistic for putting out a busted product. Getting my Platinum and trading this piece of shit in to the highest bidder. Fuck you, Nihilistic, I hope your studio goes under.

Actually if you wait a bit it unfreezes. I though it had crashed too when it happened.

Although now the game won't launch for me at all, so that's an issue. :(

Edit: NVM, just took a strangely long amount of time.

M.W.

You're so mad, yet you still want to get the platinum trophy. LOL

AwRy108

Actually if you wait a bit it unfreezes. I though it had crashed too when it happened.

Although now the game won't launch for me at all, so that's an issue. :(

Edit: NVM, just took a strangely long amount of time.

Yeah, takes almost 2 minutes for the game's initial loading screen now, too--add that to my rant. Man, what a shitty developer.

mauaus

Fucking hell!! I downloaded the patch and this happens:

1. The game takes AAAAAGEEES to load on the little orange skull when i start the game.
2. When i load a MP game it sometimes (2/3 times) loads the single player first mission but the controls just fucking twirl around and i cant do anything, not even pause and exit i have to exit the game usin the ps button

fuck Nihilistic :(

Patch was definitely a rush job it seems, hopefully they get their shit together and fix everything. I still think the game is pretty good, just wish it wasn't being marred by tech issues.

BrikHog

Neo Member
Fucking hell!! I downloaded the patch and this happens:

1. The game takes AAAAAGEEES to load on the little orange skull when i start the game.
2. When i load a MP game it sometimes (2/3 times) loads the single player first mission but the controls just fucking twirl around and i cant do anything, not even pause and exit i have to exit the game usin the ps button

fuck Nihilistic :(

Yep these are both happening to me. Big problems.

Also the game froze on the winning kill my first match.

yay.

AwRy108

Luckily, I bought mine at Amazon--I'm going to call them for an RMA later this evening. Not a single dollar of mine will go to the shitheads at Nihilistic.

Its such a damn shame, because there is a solid online game under this, a little simple, but just what the vita needed, and they had to go screw it up...

Anyone else infected with a virus from near? I'm infected with Army Spirit. 1.5xp for the next two hours. Glad they're using near. Great idea. Enjoying this game a lot.

Massa

You have to give them credit, the multiplayer launch is perfectly replicating the big console experience from Resistance 3.

AwRy108

Just tried MP one more time: lobby was full and match was just about to start, then, out if nowhere, game loaded up the campaign's intro video... WTF?

Massa

First match the game froze when it ended.

Second match the game crashed in the middle of it.

Third match the game froze at the end as well.

Game is no longer installed on my Vita. Hope the next patch doesn't take too long.

AwRy108

Game is no longer installed on my Vita. Hope the next patch doesn't take too long.

You're crazy for holding out for a patch, man--not returning this buggy piece of shit is just giving ass-bag devs like Nihilistic the "okay" to keep churning this crap out.

Amazon has already issued my refund, so I'm going to finish the campaign this weekend and send the game on it's way.

Are you sure the game is freezing at the end of a match? The screen freezes but it is actually loading back to the lobby.

Top Bottom