• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
If you're on UK, you'll want to drop by the EU-GAF clan. On there, we have a bunch of enthusiasts :D . I got your Battletag, so I threw you an invite.

As for your build woes, Marauder 4PC boosts sentry damage by a hefty 400% and they cast your spenders - when you do. So plop down 2 sentries, 3 with Custom Engineering passive, up to 5 if you find a Bombardier's Rucksack quiver (adds 2 to the maximum active sentries).

I'd generally suggest dropping the Ambush Passive for Custom Engineering so you get 3 sentries to place, and for the sentry itself you take the Spitfire rune. That way you get more rockets, which again are boosted by Custom Engineering. Switch out your Preparation skill rune for Punishment to regain 75 Hatred at will. The Wolf Companion gets swapped for Raven, cause when you're dropping Sentries and Multishots you'll want all the resource regeneration you can get (without farming items).

Oh, also with your Cirri Satchel quiver, you'll want to exchange Evasive Shot with Hungering Arrow - Devouring Shot. When each pierce adds 70% more damage, you'll have a synergy there which can add a lot of single-target DPS.

You can place your sentries with 2 to 4 screens distance worth - your skills have quite a bit of range to them.

3 Turrets down, all of them casting Multishot when you do, in addition to dealing 400% increased damage by themselves otherwise should, normally, carry you with ease through a 20 GR.

Hey i'm just now seeing this post! Thanks for helping out earlier and of course thanks for the tips.

My build has changed now since I went through all that loot you helped me get. Where should I go from now?

build

Chris R

So I can't kill Belial T4 because he enrages due to my slow ass DPS.

Argh

Finally got him last night. Had to tweak my build away from having any survivability to do it but whatever.

6 set bonus is pretty damn awesome. Going to try and gamble the boots now to have my pet build fully fleshed out and determine if I want to try to get up into the higher torments. I think my WD was up to like torment 7 or 8 before I stopped playing last.

Dunfisch

Unless I'm missing something, us console players don't get additional stash with Seasons?

How do legendary gem levels transfer over at the end of the Season? Blizzard's page doesn't go into any detail, in this regard.

Regarding the stash tab on consoles, I unfortunately have no idea either. The official resources don't mention anything. If it's on consoles, you'd get it with chapter 8 (Conqueror) of the season journey.

As for legendary gems, they - like anything else you gather during the season - get mailed to your off-season characters once it wraps up. You should have at least 2 weeks to get them transferred.

Dunfisch

Hey i'm just now seeing this post! Thanks for helping out earlier and of course thanks for the tips.

My build has changed now since I went through all that loot you helped me get. Where should I go from now?

build

Marauder is generally considered inferior to either Unhallowed Essence or Shadow's Mantle concerning DH sets, but until you get there, it will be what you work with.

Since you already have a Panacea quiver, you ought to change your spender to Elemental Arrow. You have no elemental damage bonuses of any sort thus far, so pick whatever suits you. Ball Lightning and Frost Arrow are good choices in general.

The turret itself deals decent damage at low Torments, but falls off completely compared to your 6PC bonus. More turrets means more damage, so swapping the Ambush passive to Custom Engineering still stands. Since your raw turret damage gets delegated to non-essential, you'll swap out Chain of Torment for any utility of your choice, being Polar Station or Guardian Turret.

Going from there, the Ballistics passive does nothing anymore, since rockets are thrown out entirely. Thrill of the Hunt and Cull the Weak are in perfect synergy to each other, those stay untouched.

Vengeance - Seethe is an alright pick for now, but you won't get too much mileage out of it until you find a Dawn 1H crossbow (reduces the cooldown of that skill by up to 65%).

You should still swap out Wolf Companion for Bat, to get a little more resource regeneration. Throwing out turrets and spenders drains your Hatred real quick. Here, you can invest Paragon points to gain more Hatred.

Lastly, you should reroll stats on your rings to get sockets instead. The movement speed on the Compass Rose and the % Life on Leoric's Signet. Legendary gems provide immense bonuses which outclass any other stat you can roll on jewelry.

As you gather more complementary legendaries, you can either adapt for Multishot or Cluster Arrow as the spender. But like I said to begin with, Marauder kinda lost its best DH set spot a few seasons ago. Others are better.

As for legendary gems, they - like anything else you gather during the season - get mailed to your off-season characters once it wraps up. You should have at least 2 weeks to get them transferred.
Ah, okay. I don't know why I didn't think about the legendary gem itself being sent over. :-|

kennah

Finally got him last night. Had to tweak my build away from having any survivability to do it but whatever.

6 set bonus is pretty damn awesome. Going to try and gamble the boots now to have my pet build fully fleshed out and determine if I want to try to get up into the higher torments. I think my WD was up to like torment 7 or 8 before I stopped playing last.

Took me 8 gambles to get the boots. Bonne chance!

rsniper59

Neo Member
I've got the two piece Norvald's set and Belt of the Trove for my Crusader in season now. Going to try and play around with whatever Thorns I can piece together and go with a Steed Charge + Bomb + Akkhan setup until I can get more of the Invoker's set going. I feel like I've gotten enough drops to start experimenting a bit, so I'm having a lot of fun this season!

This is my first real experience with Crusader, so it's a learning curve but I should be able to push up to GR70, hopefully. Haven't done it on any of my characters yet but I'm feeling pretty confident in this character.

IbukiLordSA

And the luck kept coming.....

ShtJULh.jpg

Radec

Serpent lvld me up last night after skipping 3 seasons.

I'm still not sure how to use a monk now.

Gonna need those Haedrig's gifts first..

rsniper59

Neo Member
Phew, my Crusader builds are churning right along. Have enough pieces to put together an Invoker's and a Hammerdin 6-piece set bonus (using RoRG), so I've been testing some of those out.

I think I'll be going Invoker Thorns moving forward, trying to push up to GR70. I gave Hammerdin a quick whirl, but I have nowhere NEAR enough CDR to keep up Akarat's so I just get dunked on trying to push up to GR50 right now. Still need a few pieces for that, so I'll focus on Thorns instead.

I'm really hoping for a Hack or Pig Sticker sometime soon. I'm going with an Ancient two-handed weapon right now just because it's my best option due to stats, but it isn't ideal. Got my Belt of the Trove, a Sanguinary, and that...shield whose name I cannot remember right now, but it lets Provoke deal double thorns damage. All of this is really letting me pile on the thorns! Really fun build, hoping it can carry me up to primals once I get good rolls on things.

ferr

JxIHSrA.jpg

Aiite, who's coming for the crown?

Grats!

You have FoK and Impale on mouse-click? Do you move with your keyboard? I put Vault on right-click and move with it.. it is really fluid, but I might be naive about it. I just Impale, hold down vault for ~3 free instances, repeat. Spam impale more frequently when crowds get large.

I just wanna vent that I ran 3 GR's (45, 47 and 50) with friends yesterday before going to sleep and only got some shit tier legendaries while all my friends got ancient set pieces. :(

Dunfisch

Necromancer Beta live indeed. Naturally, I didn't get a zero hour invite. Naturally, I'll be gone away for 2 weeks come tomorrow.

God, if I get access during that time I'll be a touch salty. Well, the Beta ought to run a while, so if I get in, I should have plenty of time to test the char.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Necromancer Beta live indeed. Naturally, I didn't get a zero hour invite. Naturally, I'll be gone away for 2 weeks come tomorrow.

God, if I get access during that time I'll be a touch salty. Well, the Beta ought to run a while, so if I get in, I should have plenty of time to test the char.

Ditto. If it's any consolation, they did say the number of invites would be extremely limited, so it's better to have no expectations. On the plus side, there's no NDA, so we should see some nice streaming sessions and recap videos. Hoping Rhykker/Quin69 got their mitts on it.

Strider

Got into the Necro beta :D

I've been meaning to play some more D3 lately (really need to get into S10) so Necro gives me yet another reason to finally boot it up... downloading beta client right now.

real talk: I think that's going to be by far the most common primal weapon. only 2 daggers for DH. keep spammin those upgrades and I'm pretty sure all of you will find one.

Yep, that was easy to predict right when they launched it. The one I got actually dropped in a GR.

I have only upgraded 10 daggers this season, 3 were ancient, 2 of them were points. If you roll 10-20 daggers you will get a ancient point it is pretty damn absurd if you ask me.

I could roll 10-20 wands and not even be sure if I was going to get any particular wand much less an ancient.

Ayumi

I'm currently on vacation, so in one way I'm a little relieved. It would've sucked to get in now and not being able to play.
Gambled ~1000 shards and upgraded 2 items, still no boots I need yet ;_;
I assume they're not set item boots since you haven't converted them?

Dunfisch

Right then Gents, I'm gone for a little bit. Ask Nokterian for your everyday mod duty needs, if any arise.

Should be back by the 23rd, maybe a few days later. We'll see. Happy looting!

KiKaL

I got in the beta and played for 20minutes this morning. Seems interesting so far but still too early to have strong feelings either way. Sadly I am swamped at work and really not sure how much I will really get to try the Necro out but that might be a good thing since I don't necessarily want to spend a lot of time on a char that will get wiped.

Dunfisch

They aren't set boots https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-crudest-boots

Got them after about ~1600 shards. Demolish stuff with zero issues in T8 now with my 8 spirits following me around, but since I'm not a high enough paragon yet I can only to GR29 :(

Does not compute. T8 is equivalent to GR35, so I can't fathom why you'd struggle to clear beyond 30. You may be referring to public games, where indeed you'll need a minimum Paragon to participate.

Chris R

Just a tip for future seasons, if you make a level 1 monk there's only a couple boots you can roll from kadala and one of them is crudest boots. Super fast to get them.

But I didn't have any blood to get them???

Does not compute. T8 is equivalent to GR35, so I can't fathom why you'd struggle to clear beyond 30. You may be referring to public games, where indeed you'll need a minimum Paragon to participate.

I can't clear beyond 30 because I can only run a maximum of 29 right now. I guess higher levels unlock when I hit paragon 100.

Top Bottom