• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Goli

This. Though I don't know exactly how it increases, seems to be random intervals for me so far. Maybe every time someone uses a skill so many times.

According to the in-game Hints and Tips section every time a skill is used there's a chance it'll rise.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I like the fact energy comes back so QUICK in this game, half the time of others (in the US anyway) like Brave Frontier and P&D.

I pretty much always have something I can do so far, when I have a few minutes.

Love the art and music. I didn't reroll a bunch, just got a cool A Class Lava Surfer guy. Even the pulls for coins seems useful at this stage, however.

I really like how the game feels more like my input matters than P&D, where it feels certain builds and luck on pulls determine EVERYTHING. I hope this can continue on like this.

Now if it had actual spritework like Brave Frontier, I'd love it even more. But the artwork, battle system and design is so nice, I'm actually not that annoyed.

This is the most fun I've had with a mobile game. Can someone tell me how to use the items that evolve skills like White Ring though?

Those are used to add a new job to a character.

Not yet I think, but I guess they will be used later on when they introduce the "Friend" feature.
I'm pretty sure 2 people can have the same username. They have a unique number/account that I believe really matters. Not sure what the username is used for, maybe it is nicer looking in the Arena or when a friends list actually comes out.

I imagine looking at "bob" looks better than 114322acfdsvce034
Thanks. Since there is an ID, can you change your user name once you've already picked one?

jwhit28

Those are used to add a new job to a character.

Oh I see the option in the Tavern now. The requirements are kind of crazy. Like for Kuscah the Acolyte you need 8000 coins, 15 Serenity Shoot, 15 Terra Staffwood, and 3 Rainbow Tears.

Goli

Oh I see the option in the Tavern now. The requirements are kind of crazy. Like for Kuscah the Acolyte you need 8000 coins, 15 Serenity Shoot, 15 Terra Staffwood, and 3 Rainbow Tears.

To me it seems like you're supposed to grind them on the special zones that open up on each day of the week.

LProtag

I got an SS character! Rikken. Gonna stick with it. She has a self-heal, but an all heal on her second job.

I hear heals are the best.

Downloaded this today in class because the artwork looked familiar and it was free. I did not know that this was released today or anything, I played it on my way home and it's actually pretty good! I generally hate mobile games, but this one is a ton of fun.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Eventually, with a bit of grinding the job class items dungeons, I'm sure we'll be swimming in those materials.

I shouldn't be surprised, but the fact that each Job really starts over at lvl 1 got me. You I though we'd have at least some kind of stat bonus to help re-level the new job some, but it's basically like getting another awesome looking character that needs to Metal Dungeon run again.

With my free Energy for the day + Beating the first 4 chapters, I pulled SS Tier "Zerro the Dark". A nice older lady who shoots AOE Darkness as a skill. I'm quite pleased!
ZerroTerraBattle_zpsa9b504b8.png

Hastati

Re-roll after re-roll...hoping to get Amina or Amimari. So far the highest I've gotten is A. My fear is that this game is going to end up like PAD, where non-IAP play is made 10x easier by picking the right starter. Core gameplay so far seems pretty damn fun, hopefully it doesn't get too P2W!

Chocoboko

Been playing this off and on all day and I am loving it so far. I love the music and the presentation. The victory music is great. I can see myself sinking a lot of time into it. I have played a lot of Puzzle and dragons and Brave Frontier and while this is somewhat similar to those I feel like there is a whole lot more strategy needed in the battle system so I feel like I get more out of the game. Not just mindlessly matching stuff.

I really like how they change the battles up with the silver xp and the upgrade item zones requiring you to be really fast and plan every move in your turn to get the most rewards you can.

I hope this game can catch on like they are hoping it will, I would love to see more stuff added as well as whatever the console version would end up being.

rcl66

Anyone understand how cloud save works in is game? It offers transfer of data when you start but that seems like a one time transfer. Would like to play on both iPad and iphone but can't figure out the transfer.

SirChop

Neo Member
I had asked in the other topic about why the Record Audio permission was requested for the Android version.

The answer is that according to the official FAQ, the game uses Kamcord which allows you to record video to share and have voiceover for the clip.

jwhit28

Finished Chapter 4 and got my first SS.

I don't play many of these types of games but the Stamina usage seems very unrestricted compared to stuff like Simpsons Tapped Out and Clash of Clans.

Man, the rates for this gacha machine is fucking awful. Why can't these games just give you a decent unit to start with. Well, I know why but they could a least toss you a bone in the beginning...

Neo Dark

Oh an official thread was made. Didn't even notice. Should have called it Terra Reroll Battle.

So there are only 30 chapters in the game?

Hastati

Lots of A/B ranks. Rolled into Zerro the Dark too just now so I'll hold onto this save.

e: Aw yeah, that gift code.

Dammit!

Rolled an A and an SS but.......

Of all the healers to roll, A'misandra the ugly snake nurse pops out. Guess it's silly to reroll...

377px-A%27misandra-Job1.png

Ducarmel

I was really lucky today only rolled twice.

My first roll was SS class Samatha earlier in the day, I just used the twitter code and got A class Korin

I decided to reroll since I ran out of stamina, and rolled 2 at the same time

And I got 2 golds

SS Piz'fer
S Pupropu

Clearly my second account is better

I'm only on chapter 4 with my SS Samatha so its not like I invested a lot into it.

If any of you guys are tired of re-rolling and want SS Samatha / A Korin account pm me and I will give it to you. Edit: I am playing the ios version not sure if the files can be imported to android version.

edit: the SS Class Samatha has been claimed.

jwhit28

I wonder what they will do with the Friends list? It would be nice if you could share a card sort of like the streetpass function in SMT IV.

chrono01

Thanks for making an OT, I was hoping someone would.

I look forward to adding you all in-game, once they incorporate that feature.

Kitoro

Bah... I got a B on my first real summon (after the starting two), a B on my second, and a duplicate B on my third from the Twitter code...

I should've re-rolled after the first B. Oh well, I'm already halfway through chapter 5; I'll just keep pushing through and hoping for better luck in the future.

Ken

game is ok but i spent 10 energy and just got two dudes so lame

can you play this without an internet connection?

Kitoro

What kind of rates does the Pact of Fellowship (3,000 Coin recruits) have? Instead of Rarity B through SS, is it D through B? Can one even get a B from it?

Thanks!

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
so...how does reroll work?

i install the game from the app store, play the tutorial and when i get my first recruits and they are B type...i delete and start over?

Owzers

i install the game from the app store, play the tutorial and when i get my first recruits and they are B type...i delete and start over?

finish chapter 1 to get the 5 lightning mail reward, if you fail to get an SS or something you want, on android delete the app data and on ios......try to find a way to delete data or app if you can't. Above said to use one of those ifunbox or whatever methods to find the save folder.

Neo Dark

Finish chapter one. Get the 5 energy for first login in your mail as well as the 5 energy using the Twitter code. Go to recruit and use the 10 energy to get 2 recruits. If you get good ones and you like them, you're all set. If you don't like them and want to try better you can clear cache if you're on android (delete data if that doesn't work) or uninstall then reinstall if you're on iOS.

Neo Dark

Clearing the cache didn't do anything for me.

Yeah... I've been telling people to "Clear Data" since the other thread but someone here suggested clear cache so I thought that worked too. If cache doesn't work just do clear data. Much faster than uninstalling and saves you bandwith.

Ken

Yeah... I've been telling people to "Clear Data" since the other thread but someone here suggested clear cache so I thought that worked too. If cache doesn't work just do clear data. Much faster than uninstalling and saves you bandwith.

where is clear data at? in game options?

i rolled an SS but it's an SS husbando so that's pretty lame

Top Bottom