• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I poke my head out of the gutter for one freaking second and fate...

pbayne

We're not tools of the government... or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing- the only thing- I was good at. But at least I fought for what I believed in.

Gray Fox-MGS

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
There's a line in Blue Stinger on the Dreamcast where Dogs Bauer says 'I hate that bitch... she's my daughter.'

It's also the scene where you discover that this woman is his daughter.

-It's been a while brother...
--Who are you?
-You know who i am!
--Liquid?
-Not so young anymore eh Snake? You're drowning in time! I know what it's like brother. No wonder Naomi passed you over for the foxdie program...
---OUT! get out of my mind Liquid!
-The price of physical prodigy, few more more years and you'll be another dead clone of the old man, Our raw materials are vintage brother, Big Boss was in his late fifties when they created his copies... but i... i live on.. through this arm!
--Liquid's arm?

It's crazy how I knew the full conversation from reading the first 4 words.

Brick

In philosophy
Professor asks me about the concept of evil
Put on the spot, start panicking but remember a certain quote from Witcher 3
"Evil is Evil. Lesser, greater, middling… Makes no difference. The degreee is arbitary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another… I’d rather not choose at all"
Professor looks stunned, class gives me a round of applause

And who was that professor? Albert Einstein.

Tagavaka

Neo Member
There is a scene in Dragon Age 2 during Aveline's personal quest where you and the rest of the crew are trying to set her up with Donnic who obviously likes her but Aveline is a hopeless battle hardened dumb when it comes to romance and during the scene Aveline is desperately trying to make small talk and comes out with

"It's a very nice night for an evening"

And I almost died laughing and you can almost hear her soul face palming herself into the ground. The game can actually be very dark but that was one of the welcome moments of levity and Dragon Age's camaraderie was it's strong suit.

"It's a real nice night for an evening" is something me and my friends still quote to each other.

*Side note: Please bring Isabela on this quest for the commentary alone

"I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S" -Jill Valentine
Anything by Barry in Resident Evil especially Jill Sandwich
"Go jump on a dildo" Moira Burton
"Where did everyone go..bingo"- Leon

"I know a place at the end of the red light district where we can lay low, but My hands are all messed up. So you better drive brotha" GTA III

I remember that one fondly.

TheDanger

Banned
another really great quote from GTA 3:

"Experience has taught me that a man like you can be very loyal for the right price"
~ Donald Love

CHC

I'm with you OP. I don't know why but it probably is the most memorable along with "War never changes...."

There's just something about cadence of it that is 100% perfect.

ASaiyan

Banned
Can't think of my 'favorite', but to add to this thread:
PokemonBlue_03-14.png

Just great. So nineties. Makes you hate him even more each time he shows up.

"So I sue for peace" is a line 99% of video game writers wouldn't have even dared tried and it somehow worked.

But "Weiss, you dumbass!" is the correct answer.

Thud

"I like shorts. They're easy and comfy to wear!"

"It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of all Rattatas."

Youngsters in Pokemon. Top tier memes.

OH. MY. GOD!!

I thought I'm the only one who's been repeating this line since 2003!

"I poke my head out of the gutter for one freakin second and fate shovels shit in my face!"

This is the most memorable line I've ever heard in my life.

Kain is deified - Raziel, Soul Reaver

Aha! - Lara Croft

Wow (uttered with surprise and fear) - oh, just me (when realizing he's looking at his own reflection but in the mirror) - Caleb, Blood

Snake? Snaaaake! - MGS

Time, it will not wait...No matter how hard you hold on...it escapes you. And... - Ultimecia (Artemisia), FFVIII

TheEndOfItAll

Neo Member
Pretty much everything from Borderlands 2.

"Off my throne, jester. The king sits there."

"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!"

"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum."

"I need scissors! 61!"

Top Bottom