• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 3/10 - 3/16

Jirotrom said:
seriously... why the heck is the psp selling so well... please tell me it really isn't just because of piracy?

It's selling so well because you didn't read the last ten weeks of Media Create threads where we discussed this exact same topic to death and back.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
mc-weekly-pie-68.jpg

mc-weekly-line-68.jpg

jeremy1456

sp0rsk said:
The best selling game of the year comes out next Thursday.

Smash Bros. Brawl is already out.

Unless you're talking about Wii fit, even though it came out last year. I still doubt it's YTD will pass Brawl's.

ethelred

jeremy1456 said:
Smash Bros. Brawl is already out.

Unless you're talking about Wii fit, even though it came out last year. I still doubt it's YTD will pass Brawl's.

What was the best selling game of 2007?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Agent Icebeezy said:
Everything seems to have been stabilized in a large way for quite a while now.

It's like there's a forcefield outside of 25% that is holding the PS3 back from its true 2008 glory. Iawata using the dark side of the force?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Fredescu said:
To prove that 2008 is the year of the PS3. Everyone knows it anyway, and as Ethelred keeps saying, the plural of anecdote is data, so all data supports the theory that 2008 is PS3s year, including your charts. How you could argue otherwise I just don't know. From your data I've derived a handy chart:
2008.jpg
Man, how can anyone refute that?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Odysseus said:
all the lines for the systems are flat.
-> the systems have flatlined.
-> gaming is dead.

Well, Japan has taken all of the guesswork out of things there.

Will the Wii challenge the PS2's LTD?
With the PS3 losing face at home, in what form will the PS4 be?
360 isn't worth mentioning here.

AniHawk

_Alkaline_ said:
Which game is this?

Or is there no such game and ive just been fooled?

Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G

SSBB will probably outsell it though. Or DQIX. Or Metal Gear Solid 4 (wait for it).

Lobster

Banned
AniHawk said:

SSBB will probably outsell it though. Or DQIX. Or Metal Gear Solid 4 (wait for it).

MGS4 to outsell the rest of the series on a smaller userbase confirmed?

donny2112 said:
PSP 57,651
Wii 55,845
DS Lite 53,266
PS3 14,934
PS2 9,930
Xbox 360 1,744
That was a very short-lived mini-bump, although with no big games on the immidiate horizon we probably haven't seen PS3 bottoming out.

bafflewaffle said:
I really don't see those proportions changing anytime soon. They'll probably stay that way for the remainder of this generation.
I wouldn't be so sure about that, I can see DS surge ahead again with a price drop and/or redesign.

norinrad21 said:
So what would it take Japan to buy PS3 in droves? A Matrix 4 perhaps?
Virtua Fighter 5
Dynasty Warriors Gundam
Hot Shots Golf
Dynasty Warriors 6
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
Devil May Cry 4
Yakuza 3

Metal Gear Solid 4
Gran Turismo 5
White Knight Story
Final Fantasy XIII

Maybe a redesign? DQIX moving to PS3 could spark some interest as well. Not a whole lot Sony can do atm. With the financial risk involved in creating a PS3 game for the japanese market I don't think we'll ever see a steady influx of new and diverse games. They tried everything from lowering the price, to bundles and new colors. Big franchise games have already been released. It's all up to FFXIII I guess.

Innotech said:
what are you talking about? The wii hasnt been in a decline. Unless you mixed up 2007 with 2008 or something, in which case it STILL isnt in a decline. Honestly not sure what youre seeing.

Wii is on a continuous decline from 94,473 to 55,845, and we can expect it to continue until at least Mario Kart. PS3 isn't anything better (if not actually worse). Yakuza 3 provided a small bump to prevent it from falling straight though.

PS3 needs a game that has not been announced yet, and that changes completely the market. you know, a title with legs. i don't get why every PS3 game starts and 3 weeks later its gone from the charts. maybe something more casual, maybe something totally different that can change people's perception of the console.

it's clear that traditional triple A games are not working. it needs those titles but more.

afrika and little big planet will be interesting to watch.

but who knows, maybe this reality-changing game will never happen. i'm just glad that the console is doing better in other markets.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It'd be awesome if Etrian Odyssey ended up the 7th best selling game last year.

near

Gold Member
Jiggy37 said:
I'm thinking it'll drop further. Could be wrong, though.

I agree. I'm guessing unless some solid release dates are confirmed over there, sales are going to be low for the PS3 until MGS4. There is Senjou no Valkyria next month but I doubt that'll increase PS3 sales.

donny2112

AniHawk said:

SSBB will probably outsell it though. Or DQIX.

Some comparisons to the last MHG game.

Code:
PS2 Monster Hunter    121K .. 55K .. 29K ... 289K (20041226)
PS2 Monster Hunter G  128K .. 30K .. 15K ... 232K (20051225)

PSP Monster Hunter Portable 2  746K .. 157K .. 95K ... 1.66 million (20080309, 1.49 million by end of 2007)

If Monster Hunter Portable 2 G goes similarly to Monster Hunter G, then it'll have a higher first week than Monster Hunter Portable 2 but a lower LTD. Brawl is the top selling game, so far, in 2008 with 1.45 million, so I'd say that it already should be beat Monster Hunter Portable 2 G for the year based on past precedence.

Wii Fit is at 821K for the year, so far.

test_account

XP-39C²
Damn, Yakuza 2 have been pretty long within the top 50 from what i can remember. I wonder what effect it would have on Yakuza 3 in the upcomming weeks.

oo Kosma oo said:
PS3 mini bump is over. As is the PS3 in Japan, can anything turn this around?
The answer lies deep within yourself.

test_account said:
Damn, Yakuza 2 have been pretty long within the top 50 from what i can remember. I wonder what effect it would have on Yakuza 3 in the upcomming weeks.
Nothing. Yakuza 3 is having an affect on Yakuza 2, not the other way around.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
First day sales
WII Deca Sporta: Wii de Sports 10 Shumoku! - 30k
NDS Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword - 4k

Pretty decent first day sales for Deca Sporta. Ninja Gaiden DS bomba :(.

First day sales
NDS Pokemon Ranger: Batonnage - 127k
PS3 Armored Core: For Answer - 44k
PSP Tales of Rebirth - 38k
NDS Sakura Taisen: Kimi Arugatame - 27k
NDS SimCity DS 2: Kodai kara Mirai e Tsuduku Machi - 26k
NDS Crayon Shin-Chan: Arashi o Yobu Cinema Land: Kachinko Gachinko Daikatsugeki! - 19k
PSP Mugen Kairou (echochrome) - 16k
360 Armored Core: For Answer - 16k
NDS Time Hollow: Ubawareta Kako o Motomete - 14k
NDS Chou Nekketsu Koukou Kunio-Kun Dodge Ball Bu - 10k
NDS Kekkaishi: Kokubourou Shuurai - 8k (just 10-20% sell through)
360 Army of Two - 8k
PS3 Army of Two - 6k
NDS Bangai-O Spirits - 3k (<10k shipment)

Laguna

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
First day sales
NDS Pokemon Ranger: Batonnage - 127k
PS3 Armored Core: For Answer - 44k
PSP Tales of Rebirth - 38k
NDS Sakura Taisen: Kimi Arugatame - 27k
NDS SimCity DS 2: Kodai kara Mirai e Tsuduku Machi - 26k
NDS Crayon Shin-Chan: Arashi o Yobu Cinema Land: Kachinko Gachinko Daikatsugeki! - 19k
PSP Mugen Kairou (echochrome) - 16k
360 Armored Core: For Answer - 16k
NDS Time Hollow: Ubawareta Kako o Motomete - 14k
NDS Chou Nekketsu Koukou Kunio-Kun Dodge Ball Bu - 10k
NDS Kekkaishi: Kokubourou Shuurai - 8k (just 10-20% sell through)
360 Army of Two - 8k
PS3 Army of Two - 6k
NDS Bangai-O Spirits - 3k (<10k shipment)

DS am cry...
It always amazes me why publishers tend to release most of there games in busy weeks like this one intstead of releasing them in weeks with less new games. Konami fails again on DS... And Sega kiddyfying and changing the genre of your niche franchises won´t help either (Sakura Wars). The biggest dissapointment is Ninja Gaiden, no doubt.

nli10

oo Kosma oo said:
PS3 mini bump is over. As is the PS3 in Japan, can anything turn this around?

PS3 Slim and light can!

If a PSP S&L can match the DS Lite in sales then a PS3 S&L can match the Wii.

It's kinda funny that Europe and the USA are adopting the PS3 in larger rates than Japan is. I guess everyone underestimated the proportion of family gamers to bedroom gamers in Japan.

Ed:

360 Army of Two - 8k
PS3 Army of Two - 6k

This to me speaks volumes. The westernised 'dayone' gamers in JP have the 360 as their lead platform. A quarter of the hardware sales, and yet higher software...

Top Bottom