• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2018 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| Man Blue vs Man Red for the KONAMI Cup

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I actually believe ISS64 had better commentary. Listening to NBA2K17 and FIFA commentary then playing PES actually makes me turn the commentary off it's so laughably bad. It's an area of the game they've never been good at and seem to put very little effort into.

*simple pass*

"ALEXIS SANCHEZZZZZ!!!"

This year's commentary has somehow actually gotten worse than the previous years.

Drury will say something and then add "...is that how you see it, Jim?' and about 2 minutes later Beglin will say " Yeah, well they have to..." or whatever the fuck.

Their crappy little sound bites even play over each other.

It'd be really nice if they bothered about all the presentation and off the field stuff.

Desaan

Why didn't they get Clive Tildesley in from ITV?

I don't think it's a matter of who, the English commentary is just plain bad. The scripting is terrible, the audio levels are way off and poorly mixed (do they even have a sound engineer?) and there's horrible pauses in between an event happening then the players name being called plus there are numerous occasions where they both talk over each other.

The Spanish commentary is actually pretty decent but all the languages suffer from the same dull repetitive lines.

lohankain

The brazilian commentary is bad too, but luckly we have japanese commentary available and that is the best, remember when i played winning eleven in ps1.

spanna

Where is the best place to put suggestions to konami ?

Pes2018 is brilliant yet again but there's two minor options I think are needed on 3v3 coop
1. Option to not join a Match unless there's at least 2 human players in your team (to stop 2v1 or 3v1s they aren't any fun at all)
2. Option to not join a game unless ping speed is 3bars . It seems 2 bars is not good enough , the input lag is too great so it becomes unplayable.

I think these options are needed as there's no way to cancel out of a game once it allocates players. You also don't see the ping speed till the match has loaded up.

Pes2018 is brilliant yet again but there's two minor options I think are needed on 3v3 coop
1. Option to not join a Match unless there's at least 2 human players in your team (to stop 2v1 or 3v1s they aren't any fun at all)
2. Option to not join a game unless ping speed is 3bars . It seems 2 bars is not good enough , the input lag is too great so it becomes unplayable.

I think these options are needed as there's no way to cancel out of a game once it allocates players. You also don't see the ping speed till the match has loaded up.

I don't understand the co op ratings system, played with people who have been terrible and finish the match with a high rating

baberunisei

The brazilian commentary is bad too, but luckly we have japanese commentary available and that is the best, remember when i played winning eleven in ps1.

Yeah, one of the commentators in the Brazilian version keeps calling the other one by the name of the guy who was in his place (Silvio) two years ago. It lacks a good direction, I think, cause the guys are good

Jon Kabira though is perfect, pure nostalgia.

lohankain

Jon kabira the god

Agree, he is the best !

Yeah, one of the commentators in the Brazilian version keeps calling the other one by the name of the guy who was in his place (Silvio) two years ago. It lacks a good direction, I think, cause the guys are good

Jon Kabira though is perfect, pure nostalgia.

This error is really bad, everyone talk about this in last year and Konami did nothing.

The commentators in real life are very good, but in the game Konami can't capture the emotion that they can made live, in japanese we can feel the emotion even not understanding anything.

Grassy

Can i create myself in the game, and play the master league?

how?

Sure can. Create your player, then in Master League just search by the last name and your player will appear and you can buy them for fairly cheap from the transfer market, depending on how high you've pumped their stats of course. Your player will grow and improve their stats so keep that in mind when setting their initial stats if you don't want them to be too OP too early.

Matty8787

I dunno I have played a few games where it is me vs 3 and I have absolutely battered them.

Them thinking 3 is better is false as the AI is quite good at the game.

Roulette

Master league classic or challenge, tell me GAF.

I started on challenge, with default squad of losers, and man. I may be getting old. 4 games to go in season 1 and I'm 4th bottom on the table, 12% approval. It took me all that time just to build approx. 75 'Spirit'. I'm only now starting to score goals consistently, but I have a feeling it's too late.

Having said that, I have no idea whether classic mode will affect things any differently. If I get shitcanned, I'll start a new season and test it myself.

cormack12

Gold Member
Played this for a bit now.

1. Every year they fuck up the player switching. Every year, and we have to wait until October until it's patched (except pes 2017). I've had a loose ball in the box and player switch has jumped to a player on the half way line. And the latency is poor again. Online and offline.
2. Passive players after initiating a 1-2. So every other player is forgotten. If you initiated a 1-2 Then your only option is to pass back to that player. Even if another player makes a run who could 'take it' on. Example: you start a 1-2 And the ball is played into space near a returning corner taker let's say. Instead of the corner taker just picking the ball up, I have to watch the ball roll right past him at 2mph and wait until the runner runs 15 yards to pick it up?!?!
3. Manual shooting is a backstep this year. Really hard to squeeze it into the corners even with good strikers.
4. Ball in flight. Happens is most pes tbh but as soon as the ball goes over your defenders head he stops for half a second and just shits himself. Leaving the opposing striker running into space.
5. Player switching (again), always seem to have to correct the player before getting control. He's either facing some weird direction and needs to right himself. Or has to check a run to get him running to where he's needed.
6. Who thought it was a good idea to flash up stats and obstruct the corner taker at the top left?
7. The menus are still shite. I thought these were the 'big thing' this year?
8. Balls rolling out. I dunno what they've tweaked but the amount of balls just running out because the player is running diagonal instead of straight is horrible. Super cancel used to work but it's so slow because of the control lag it's crap this year.
9. Timing. Volleys and headers are back to pes 2014/16. Where you'll time a volley and the player will attempt a header from 25 yards because of the height of the ball.

Disclaimer. I play on manual except crosses.

Honestly they just change things at random. There is no continuity and end up rolling back the QoL improvements made in previous iterations. No wonder they can't get any traction when they keep breaking stuff.

Which is a shame because they're so nearly there. Most gripes are about controls here and minor tweaks that need making to gameplay. They've even had them done before. It's like 60% of the time I'm loving the game but then it brings me down to earth with its controls or awful risk/reward dribble balance system. It's good but still has a way to go. And they need some consistent.

Lashley

Sure can. Create your player, then in Master League just search by the last name and your player will appear and you can buy them for fairly cheap from the transfer market, depending on how high you've pumped their stats of course. Your player will grow and improve their stats so keep that in mind when setting their initial stats if you don't want them to be too OP too early.

Do you need to start a new ML?

EDIT: You don't

Jingo

Gaf i need your help, when im playing clan matches, usually 2vs2, i feel like my team doesnt move like an all, when im defendig usually there are only 3 players on defense and all out of position, when im attacking i never have playera in the front when i do a cross,the only ones there are my player and my friends player, all the other ones are in the middlefield.

This only happens in coop online, if i do a friendly match all the players move , atack and defend as an all.

Can anyone help please?

Also, is it just me, or when playinh clan matches i can only control my player? Usually i press the square button(playstation) to put other player pressing , but in clan matches that control doesnt happen, it feels like i have to control all players manually.

Desmond

How adaptive is the AI?

After about 10 Master League matches where I've comfortably won, every team I come up with just stonewall everything, and grab scummy goals without fail. There's no way Rashford and Lukaku can be outpaced by Huddersfield's fullbacks everytime haha

Also, I can't tackle from the side without getting booked haha

03sho

Played well over 10 hours of this game and I can count how many free kicks I've been given for fouls on one hand

Mugy

So yeah, i think this may be the thread to ask.

Im a great football fan (i watch almost every match which includes the following teams:

FC Barcelona
Real Madrid
Manchester City
Manchester United
FC Bayern Munich
Everton
Villareal
Sevilla
Chelsea
Atlético De Madrid
Juventus
Internazionale
Liverpool

And overall, i just like to watch games. I never been into football series PES or FIFA, but now i want to try.

So witch one its the best this year? I want to pick one, what is the best option, or i need to pick both to have a full experience?

Thanks in advice!

Desmond

Played well over 10 hours of this game and I can count how many free kicks I've been given for fouls on one hand

I'll do outrageous tackles and get off without giving away a foul, but do a legitimate ball winner and get a yellow haha

cormack12

Gold Member
*simple pass*

"ALEXIS SANCHEZZZZZ!!!"

Im a great football fan (i watch almost every match which includes the following teams:

FC Barcelona
Real Madrid
Manchester City
Manchester United
FC Bayern Munich
Everton
Villareal
Sevilla
Chelsea
Atlético De Madrid
Juventus
Internazionale
Liverpool

And overall, i just like to watch games. I never been into football series PES or FIFA, but now i want to try.

So witch one its the best this year? I want to pick one, what is the best option, or i need to pick both to have a full experience?

Thanks in advice!

Download the demo's. PES actual game is slightly worse than the demo atm but will prob get patched. FIFA is.....FIFA I guess. Hard for me to describe it as it just has refinements each year mainly. Whereas PES goes up and down.

They each do different things well.

Lashley

FC Barcelona
Real Madrid
Manchester City
Manchester United
FC Bayern Munich
Everton
Villareal
Sevilla
Chelsea
Atlético De Madrid
Juventus
Internazionale
Liverpool

Thanks in advice!

FIFA would be easier to someone new to footy games

philm87

online has been great for me. Issue with the matchmaking is partly due to relatively low numbers of players compared to Fifa.

Played the Fifa 18 demo again. Looks amazing but I think it's definitely a step down from Fifa 17. It's so arcade like and so quick. Also far too easy to pass, score, and dribble. Felt awful and I probably played 500 games+ on Fifa 17.

Malcolm9

I still wonder what Konami do in a year. The game is a slight improvement over 2017 but it still lacks things like proper online filters, more in depth modes, a working 360° replay camera, fouls actually working, better ball physics, PA1 feeling more free etc etc.

I find their lack of progress pretty poor overall, no matter how fun the game can be at times.

Oh and the commentary is absolutely crap, whoever writes the script really needs to be dropped.

15 shots on target, 2 goals. Person I'm matching online has 3 shots on target, 2 goals smh.

That's football annoyingly! As a Liverpool supporter I'm very much used to losing/drawing games like the one below where we dominated Burnley and drew 1-1

Screenshot_2017_09_16_16_55_52.png

RAIDEN1

Still facing frustration in getting Bayern Munich in.....the team and the league is in, but the players are not the real players, yet for teams like Manchester City they seem to be fine...I used an option file from Cristiano who apparently is quite popular with the option files for these games..

LAM09

I still wonder what Konami do in a year. The game is a slight improvement over 2017 but it still lacks things like proper online filters, more in depth modes, a working 360° replay camera, fouls actually working, better ball physics, PA1 feeling more free etc etc.

I find their lack of progress pretty poor overall, no matter how fun the game can be at times.

Oh and the commentary is absolutely crap, whoever writes the script really needs to be dropped.

This has supposedly been three years in the making. No idea how the game has regressed from beta till now.

Still facing frustration in getting Bayern Munich in.....the team and the league is in, but the players are not the real players, yet for teams like Manchester City they seem to be fine...I used an option file from Cristiano who apparently is quite popular with the option files for these games..

Next time tick the box that says add team data, in fact just click the bottom two boxes in your case.

RAIDEN1

I did tick the bottom two, just to be sure and see what happens, someone has mentioned on the PES gaming forums it's just a case of hiting "R3" which launches the live update which should then do the trick...I'll check it out..

Ruruja

FC Barcelona
Real Madrid
Manchester City
Manchester United
FC Bayern Munich
Everton
Villareal
Sevilla
Chelsea
Atlético De Madrid
Juventus
Internazionale
Liverpool

Thanks in advice!

Firstly, add Tottenham to the list of teams you watch.

I'd recommend trying the demos of both, see which one you prefer. You'd probably prefer FIFA if you've never played it before.

Ostinatto

Having problems switching my players when i'm defending,

how can i set the game to always switch to a player closer to the ball?

Jimrpg

FC Barcelona
Real Madrid
Manchester City
Manchester United
FC Bayern Munich
Everton
Villareal
Sevilla
Chelsea
Atlético De Madrid
Juventus
Internazionale
Liverpool

Thanks in advice!

What platform are you playing on?

PC - PES is <$30 on cdkeys

PS4 - Toss up between PES and Fifa. Play the one your friends are playing.

Xbox One - No option file available for PES, but you can always enter in team names yourself.

Top Bottom