• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World TGS 2017 Trailer

raven777

FrigidInbornAmericanredsquirrel.gif

I thought we were all happy about MH4U having some kind of an almost decent single player? So... what's the matter?

People are still salty they are not getting this on the Switch or blame this as a cause of MHXX not coming to the west. They will always find a way to hate MHW.

Pila

MH4U had good localization, not a good story.

I'm not talking about it being good narrative (it was not, IMOOOOOOOOOOOO don't bite) but it had a bigger focus on it, with more cutscenes, more villages, more npcs, more stuff.

I don't really care, but I know people care.

People are still salty they are not getting this on the Switch or blame this as a cause of MHXX not coming to the west. They will always find a way to hate MHW.

I AM salty as the sea ^^ but I don't wanna hate on this game because Capcococom suits are a bunch of clueless morons.

I thought we were all happy about MH4U having some kind of an almost decent single player? So... what's the matter?

It looks pretty good, lame to see preorder exclusive shit.
Yeah that's a non-issue, just regard it as a tutorial of sorts if you are a hardcore 200h+ player. It won't take away from the grind. It'll cost Capcom a pretty penny but if they want to achieve the success they need in the west this needs to be accessible for newcomers and ease them into the game.

Peru

The "story" is not important in Monster Hunter, but the writing is, the world building, the chatter in the towns, the characters you interact with, the atmosphere, the juxtaposition of cozy local life and threatening beasts roaming around its outskirts. So, yes, please, more of this kind of world building. Having said that I did like the atmosphere of MH3 better than MH4 even though MH4 had more cutscenes, so it's not as simple as more cutscenes = better.

Eh, Capcom surely are a bunch of morons and seem to be keen on shrinking their userbase but there will probably be a Switch version coming and if it is coming it will be based on MHW, even though it will most likely not be a port. No salt needed from any side. Market will decide whether this was a good move or not.

Vuze

man, i hope the pc version gets a release date asap.
yassssss. I'll just double dip anyway but I don't have a PS4 Pro and don't plan on buying one (for current price anyway) so eh. It'll hold me over. Hope it's a month or less at worst since there will be no save transfer.

Playsage

Imagine if they showed this during E3.

More people would have complained that there is too much story and all the "westernization" crap

E3 was all about announcement and teasing

This trailer would have been "too much" for a worldwide reveal

Jolkien

Looks amazing. Will be my first Monster Hunter game and the seemingly heavier emphasis on story is one of the reason I'm picking it up so I'm happy.

Pila

The "story" is not important in Monster Hunter, but the writing is, the world building, the chatter in the towns, the characters you interact with, the atmosphere, the juxtaposition of cozy local life and threatening beasts roaming around its outskirts.

Yeah, you're right. I worded it poorly, that was my point pretty much.

Tonyx

And when I thought hype level couldn't get any higher...

Bravo CapCom.. great trailers so far!

Can't wait!

Raide

Will this be the first game in the series where the huge monster fights arent really fuckin boring?

Well, A.I should be more complex, interaction with the environment and other smaller/larger monsters and just the way they animate should lead to a way better MH experience.

Okay so I'm counting 5 new monsters from the trailer. This is if I literally do not count things that showed up in previous trailers/gameplay.

Snake-headed Narga thing:

Fluffy Bat (side note: this location is fucking gorgeous in its otherworldliness):

New drome thing, which can flashbang with its crest:

Nergigante, the flagship:

Whatever the fuck this magnificent beast is:

2nd picture because holy shit look at it:

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Okay so I'm counting 5 new monsters from the trailer. This is if I literally do not count things that showed up in previous trailers/gameplay.

Whatever the fuck this magnificent beast is:

2nd picture because holy shit look at it:

it looks like a magala variant

Raide

How challenging are MoHun games?

Hmmm... Really depends how quickly you master the combat. Each new encounter is a challenge curve you have to get over. You win, get new stuff, move on to something harder. Throw in coop and G Rank and things get more challenging.

FingerBang

Wonder how this is going to do in Japan compared to the 3DS entries.

It's going to sell a lot. Japanese gamers seem pretty excited to play it and I'm sure it's going to move a lot of consoles as well. But the 3DS has a much bigger userbase, so who knows...

...worldwide this could easily become the best MH game to date, sales-wise.

Wait a minute, in late January the confirmed worldwide release date? I'll have Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Ni No Kuni 2 and now this as day 1s in two months over December and January. Damn...

Still can't say I'm feeling the monster design. I kinda almost like the new chameleon monster, but otherwise I'm kinda disappointed. I guess having a new Narga is interesting too, but I don't really like the way it looks so far. Outside of that it looks decent.

God knows when the PC release is happening though so it's hard to really be that excited. Guess I still have a lot of stuff to do in XX in the meantime.

Bishop89

Wow that looks amazing, better than I expected.

Cant wait for it.

My only exposure to the series was on the vita (psp) with Freedom Unite 2, and I just couldn't get into it.
I am confident in saying it being on the small screen is a huge factor.

Top Bottom