• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

Altairre

The dash in that gif totally is the biotic blink the explorer profile gives you. I guess I gotta roll with that one now. It's okay though because I wanted to go with a stealth vanguards who uses cloak anyway.

KaoticBlaze

Subbed

Great OT. Cant wait to finally play this!

Edit: Can you jump without using the jump pack? all I ever see in videos are people using the jump pack to jump and strafe everywhere.

oneils

...See if there's aim assist enabled. If so, try turning it off and see if it helps.

Huh, I left that on during the xbox trial but didn't think that aim assist might be on by default on pc. I'm going to have to check that out once the game releases. That could account for some funkyness I was experiencing (I chalked most of it up to the auto cover system).

nillapuddin

Umm, I just started playing this game

*Never played ME before*

Why does this "Kesh" character (I believe its called a Krogan)

Why the fuck is that the voice they chose for it.. ?

Revas

How many days/hours til this is doable?

8am PDT based on info in this thread.

*Never played ME before*

I assumed to show some diversity in the Krogan, they're usually very gruff sounding. Which is about what you were expecting.

Kreim

Neo Member
So the Kett and the squid people are the only new races right? The rest of this galaxy is just like.... ruins of dead civilizations?

Also did anyone let the Hanar and Elcor and all the other weaker races in on the andromada initiative? It seems like they just kinda left them behind to get reaped.

Though, the Elcor might take awhile to pack their bags...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

*Never played ME before*

She's a female krogan. The male ones sound more like this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyueHgw3ccI

So the Kett and the squid people are the only new races right? The rest of this galaxy is just like.... ruins of dead civilizations?

Also did anyone let the Hanar and Elcor and all the other weaker races in on the andromada initiative? It seems like they just kinda left them behind to get reaped.

Andromeda do not have Mass Relays, so we can only go to one cluster for now. Make sense that there wouldn't be like 10 intelligent races just in there I guess.

As for other races,
apparently they (at least the Hanar) were supposed to be on the Quarian Ark, which got delayed. DLC or sequel most probably.

Renekton

*Never played ME before*

She is a female, and their females kinda sound like that in previous series. Contrast this with Drack.

The voice reminds me of female Taurens.

IMACOMPUTA

I have a metacritic score bet with a couple friends.
Closest to the number (above or below) wins a free copy of the game.
I have the highest number with 85.

I have a feeling I get this game for free!

There's a line from someone early on about how the
Quarian Ark ship had a load of other species like Drell, Hanar, etc on it, but ran into techinical difficulties as the other Arks were leaving, so they will probably be even more LTTP than the humans.

The game only takes place in one star cluster, not the entire andromeda galaxy.

The answer for your races left behind question is answered relatively early on.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Just Kett and Angaran or whatever. I suspect it's a production choice, but it makes sense. Andromeda only takes place in a single cluster. Given the absence of mass relays and equivalent technology, it'd be unlikely for numerous species to be deeply interwoven regardless of origin.

dreamfall

Beautiful OT! Looking forward to more Mass Effect, although I might go in a little bit later. SO many great games. Excited for a new chapter!

The codexes explain where the other races are, and also speaking with one of the Andromeda Initiative directors. They weren't forgotten.

Lexis said I wasn't her type, we'll just see about that. If there's one thing I learned from track, just because there's a hurdle doesn't mean you can't jump over it.

nillapuddin

I assumed to show some diversity in the Krogan, they're usually very gruff sounding. Which is about what you were expecting.

Because she's a lady krogan.

She's a female krogan. The male ones sound more like this

Because she's female.

She is a female, and their females kinda sound like that in previous series. Contrast this with Drack.

The voice reminds me of female Taurens.

Whoa, all the responses, got it

Yeah idk, the males sound about what Id expect

* like I said, literally never played/watched/listened to any ME game ever, Im coming in blind here folks *

In the very first conversation I thought the voice was surprisingly high, or effeminate, and I just was not expecting that at all, I wasnt sure if there was a precedent or not.

I talked to it again and I guess it makes sense, idk how Id do it better, just surprised. I think all the weird aliens having pretty normal sounding english voices is just something to get used to.

Astral

I really hope the flirting styles for Scott and Sara really are different. That'd be cool. How's the dialogue system in general?

GavinUK86

So with Origin can I use a US VPN to play this on the US unlock time? Or even AUS if that's earlier, I presume it is. I hate it when the EU release is days later.

If so, is there any simple guides to follow? Or anyone here wanna type out a simple "how to"?

I ended up paying a bit more getting from Origin due to other online retailers not releasing keys til later in the week.

Great OT btw. Nice and clean and direct.

Jarmel

Banned
Just Kett and Angaran or whatever. I suspect it's a production choice, but it makes sense. Andromeda only takes place in a single cluster. Given the absence of mass relays and equivalent technology, it'd be unlikely for numerous species to be deeply interwoven regardless of origin.

Wow that's really disappointing.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I really hope the flirting styles for Scott and Sara really are different. That'd be cool. How's the dialogue system in general?

I've liked what I've seen so far. The tone system feels flexible and I never felt odd about choosing different tones based on the situation, unlike ME where it would feel like you were playing a Shepard with a split personality. Felt a lot more natural to react based on what I thought was the best tone for a given situation or based on how I felt about what was going on. But there wasn't a ton of dialogue in the trial period, least of all any with what felt like a real lasting impact down the line, but who knows.

Must not have noticed in the trial, but it doesn't look like there's an party member influence system?

Shame. That's the best thing the Dragon Age team has done to move away from morality meters.

what's this 500+ MB update file that I'm downloading on origin?

Edit: now a 288.09 MB file.

sorry got back from the junior hockey game and just started up origin.

Ryzaki009

Must not have noticed in the trial, but it doesn't look like there's an party member influence system?

Shame. That's the best thing the Dragon Age team has done to move away from morality meters.

Yeah that was more of a DA thing. The most you got in ME was sometimes pushing party members towards paragon/renegade and that was mostly Garrus.

B00TE

Awesome OT! Just about to run my trial out, will be in the front lines with a VPN tomorrow morning. Can't wait!

hbkdx12

I have a metacritic score bet with a couple friends.
Closest to the number (above or below) wins a free copy of the game.
I have the highest number with 85.

I have a feeling I get this game for free!
It's definitely not getting a less than 80 and I doubt it'll hit 90. In guessing somewhere between 83-87

RDreamer

Finished Horizon yesterday, grabbed an external for my PS4 today and started the pre-load. I'm hopefully optimistic that it'll at least be something fun to do until Persona 5 comes out, which is definitely going to take me away no matter how good this is.

Harlequin

Lexis said I wasn't her type, we'll just see about that. If there's one thing I learned from track, just because there's a hurdle doesn't mean you can't jump over it.

I wouldn't count on it. Going off of the LIs we know about so far, there's already an imbalance in favour of straight Scott (5 LIs) and gay Sara (4 LIs) (gay Scott and straight Sara "only" have 3 LIs each that we know of ATM). If you added another asari LI to the mix, that imbalance would become even greater (unless there are also more male LIs that we don't know about yet which I don't consider to be very likely).

Dmax3901

Damn. So in Australia my options are buy it at $80 and play it by like tomorrow using VPN, or wait til Thursday (Wednesday in the US) and spend $60. Should just wait hey.

Top Bottom