• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bonkers Amazon.com PSN Deals

Mumford

So wait, I saw that BF4 was going for sale on Amazon for the PS3 on Thursday earlier in the week, does this mean that you can only get the digital version?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Is Puppeteer a must-play game? I have a massive backlog atm and prefer my PS3 games to be physical, but $20 w/ a $5 off code I have is pretty tempting.
Honestly, I think it's vastly overrated. Basically, you go from one super-tiny little storybook "stage" to the next while being constantly bombarded with little skits that aren't remotely clever or entertaining and have unbelievably amateur voiceovers. And while I'm rooting for quirky character designs and art designs that buck the status quo, no design work here strikes me as remotely iconic and the characters and backrounds constantly get lost in each other in an over-busy mess.

The 3D that a lot of people talk up is also horrid; Constantly saw elements whose 3D didn't seem to line up correctly with the plane they were supposed to be on (most notably, the 'stage curtain' that's constantly overlaid on the playfield had disembodied tassels that read as hanging way behind the curtain they were hanging off of); Is it even possible to post-convert a game into 3D? Because it really felt like that's what happened here, and badly.

A lot of people here seemed to dig it, but man, I was way turned off. Get Dynamite Headdy and spare yourself the pain.

spanks

Are there any downsides to playing an NTSC game in a PAL region? Does DLC work across both, and does the multiplayer still match you with local players?

drproton

Are there any downsides to playing an NTSC game in a PAL region? Does DLC work across both, and does the multiplayer still match you with local players?

DLC usually only works with the same region. So if you buy a US game, you need to buy US DLC.

Multiplayer would be determined on a game-by-game basis.

Sanke__

Grimløck;91564678 said:
Battlefield 4 for the PS4 is essentially $30? Is it worth it with all the crashes and connectivity issues?

The game is mostly functional i only crash/ lose connection once every couple hours now when playing 64 player conquest

Im gonna get a digital copy for 35 bucks

twl

Banned
came in expecting this:

Bonkers.jpg

leaving disappointed

Even tho i use the word "bonkers" quite often, it must have been 20somewhat years since I saw the actual character Bonkers, quite a memorylane-trip! So while you were disappointed, I was not! Tnx :D

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The Lego Marvel deal is live, although they've also set the retail version at $30 too. Hmm... what to do.

$40 for the PS4 digital and retail versions.

Zoggy

Yup, and this way you don't have to worry about the disc.

so does this mean i'll still be able to play my digital version on ps3.

so basically if you go digital and then use the digital only upgrade, you'll have two copies of the game? (one ps3 and one ps4?)

mrdark

Banned
AC4 is up. Can anyone confirm it works to upgrade with PS4? I'm too much of a wimp to try it. I also don't see anything about getting $5 credit?

so does this mean i'll still be able to play my digital version on ps3.

so basically if you go digital and then use the digital only upgrade, you'll have two copies of the game? (one ps3 and one ps4?)

Yes the disc thing was really just to stop people from getting the game for $40 and flooding the market with used copies.
$60 game -> $10 upgrade -> $30 trade in value = $40 PS4 game.

Bad7667

AC4 is up. Can anyone confirm it works to upgrade with PS4? I'm too much of a wimp to try it. I also don't see anything about getting $5 credit?

The $5 credit happens at checkout. And FIFA is up as well.
Edit: whoops. the $5 was added to my account and was used on the next game I bought.
I bought them and used the codes on my Canadian account and they work. Dont know about the upgrade though as I dont have my PS4 opened yet.

Zoggy

i just did it, all through the online store.

as soon as you buy from amazon it gives a psn code, go to sony's site, redeem it, then go to ps3->ps4 upgrade section and the 10 dollar upgrade becomes available.

the 5 dollar credit will go towards your NEXT amazon purchase. that is tied to your amazon account/wallet or whatever.

Yes the disc thing was really just to stop people from getting the game for $40 and flooding the market with used copies.
$60 game -> $10 upgrade -> $30 trade in value = $40 PS4 game.

freaking awesome
p.s. i already had 10 dollars on my psn account that comes with the ps4. so i just got 2 copies of ac4 for 30 bucks. not bad.

mut321

Neo Member
looks like the $5 credit won't be automatic so if you want immediate upgrade of ACIV you'll need to pay up the whole $10, or wait a day or two.

Zoggy

looks like the $5 credit won't be automatic so if you want immediate upgrade of ACIV you'll need to pay up the whole $10, or wait a day or two.

the 5 dollar credit is from amazon, and is tied to purchases on amazon only.

unfortunately amazon doesn't offer the 10 dollar upgrades, only psn does.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Go digital and get 5$ credit.

There's no credit for the PS3 version, just PS4 when it comes to Lego Marvel.

I went digital anyhow. I don't go back to work til Monday, so I can play this the next few days, rather than just getting the disc on Monday or Tuesday.

mrdark

Banned
If anyone else is curious everything worked out perfectly. Purchased through Amazon, added the code to the Sony Store with my PSN account, then upgraded for $10.00 through the PS4s store.

SOLDIER

Damn, I think I jumped the gun. Is Lego Marvel not a PS3 game that can be upgraded to PS4 version?

If not, I just wasted $20. Don't suppose it's possible to get a refund at this point since the code was used?

I stupidly assumed all PS3 games could be upgraded to PS4.

Mifune

Mehmber
There's no credit for the PS3 version, just PS4 when it comes to Lego Marvel.

I went digital anyhow. I don't go back to work til Monday, so I can play this the next few days, rather than just getting the disc on Monday or Tuesday.

Oh I thought you were debating between physical or digital PS4. My bad.

Zoggy

Damn, I think I jumped the gun. Is Lego Marvel not a PS3 game that can be upgraded to PS4 version?

If not, I just wasted $20. Don't suppose it's possible to get a refund at this point since the code was used?

the ps4 version was 40 bucks...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Sorry if answered already but does Amazon email PS+ codes or ship them physically?

Mifune

Mehmber

I would be shocked if Amazon didn't let you "exchange" it for the PS4 version if you pay the 10 dollar difference. Just give them a call.

EDIT: Actually, it might be tough since you used the code. Still worth a try.

Harp

I can also confirm it works. Bought the ps3 version got the code immediately after purchase. Used my 10 bucks from Sony to upgrade to PS4 version. Also Received an email from Amazon about the 5 bucks to be applied to my Amazon account so I will use that to buy flower. Basiclly got 3 games for 37 bucks. Even though I will never play the ps3 version.

Kylejc86

Can someone confirm if I buy ac4 digital then upgrade to ps4 on my American psn then log back into my uk account will it let me remote play ac4 even though it's American?

Mifune

Mehmber
Could that work? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try.

Just tell them that you thought you could upgrade for 10 bucks and didn't realize the PS4 version was also on sale. It's tricky because the code was already redeemed but Amazon customer service is usually pretty cool so yeah, give it a try.

Quasar

If anyone else is curious everything worked out perfectly. Purchased through Amazon, added the code to the Sony Store with my PSN account, then upgraded for $10.00 through the PS4s store.

Yeah. It worked for me here in Australia too, though I haven't done the final part as I have yet to buy a PS4, though the PSN Store now says the upgrade for 10$ is available to me.

Speevy

Banned
So I got CoD: Ghost on PS3 Digital...don't have a PS3, how do I redeem it? Then I just go to the PS4 store and upgrade?

Go to the online store and add it to your account.

The PS4 now knows you have it, and you can upgrade for $10.

Top Bottom