• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

neoism

lol RM was awesome

😂😂🔥

36147010220_321d541a66_o.jpg

36548417835_e18db23608_o.jpg

WpwsnUH.jpg

mqYReXh.jpg
tae<3

luso

After the music market collapsed in the 00s, physical CD sales plummeted, while the digital market started only to appear at the end of the decade with some degree of relevance.

This 1 million sales figure shows how international market is important and grew since then, I mean, look at these sales figures and 2016 ones and where top sellers back then would be now. Trend continues down the chart.

Man... the one thing I'm gonna miss about Soshi going on an "extended hiatus" is their knack for variety and the lack of care for their image.

Part 1 of Soshi on Knowing Brothers was absolutely fantastic... I was laughing from start to finish.

Throwing Skeletor Soo under the bus for shitty poop jokes, Yuri and Sunny's drinking habits, Syoung throwing everyone under the bus with her pet peeves of everyone in the group... are there any other girl groups willing to air out their dirty laundry like this?

And that reminds me, I need to go back and do my yearly rewatch of their appearance on Intimate Note.
Add Hello Baby to that list lol.

Gonna watch their Running Man appearance tomorrow and hoping for the same high quality entertaining mess from the legends.

llehuty

Oh my god I'm ready for this show.
Though I also read the AOA member thing could mean that one ex-member.
Wait, you mean Choa or half angel?

Also, do we know if this show's aspirations are building one (or several) permanent groups?

Also, I was watching some old MV and variety shows from the beginning of the decade and it hurys so much seeing some groups and idols that had pñenty of potential and now are nowhere to be seen or struggling. Could be cool seeing some of them having another go thanks to this show, like Sera, Yoo Ara, Dahye, Old enough Tia, etc.

llehuty

7 months? What a waste. We will get 3 rushed comebacks at best. And why are we getting girls and boys if they are going to make two independent groups?

I was assuming there was going to be a bigger commitment to the units, since they are all "failed" (and probably desperate) idols. I would also think thayñt most of them will be agency-less.

Cuddler

Some 2BiC news, their contract with Nextar Entertainment expired and after contact with other agencies they decided to become indipendent. On a positive note I'm happy because they are now free to release whatever they want, on a negative note I guess there will no much promotion for their songs (hopefully I'm wrong). The fact that even after 5 years of releasing some of the best music in Korea and clearly having some of the best voices/vocals they still struggled to find a good company willing to sign them and giving them a better solution than being indipendent is ridiculous. Still really thankful to Nextar Entertainment for choosing and promoting them. Anyway, they were at Yu Huiyeol's Sketchbook with Ji Changwook:
Ji Changwook & 2BIC - Love Game | &#51648;&#52285;&#50865; & &#53804;&#48709; - &#50836;&#51608; &#48148;&#49244;&#44032;&#48400; [Yu Huiyeol's Sketchbook / 2017.08.09]
Yu Huiyeol's Sketchbook - Ji Changwook, Kim JongKook, Turbo, 2BIC, Lee Jinah [ENG/2017.08.09]

I really can't wait to listen to their new releases.

In other news I probably found what is my favorite song this year so far:
[EngSub][M/V] The Night of Seokyo (&#49436;&#44368;&#46041;&#51032; &#48164;) - Walking in the Moonlight (feat.&#45796;&#50896; Dawon, Lazier)
So good, really really nice voice . Their new single "Sense" is also good even not as good as "Walking in the Moonlight":
[Eng Sub][M/V] The Night of Seokyo (&#49436;&#44368;&#46041;&#51032; &#48164;) - Sense (feat. Dawon, Lazier) (&#45576;&#52824; (feat. &#45796;&#50896;, Lazier))

Another nice song is the one singed by Plan A artists:
[MV] HuhGak(&#54728;&#44033;), Apink(&#50640;&#51060;&#54609;&#53356;), VICTON(&#48709;&#53668;) _ OASIS(&#50724;&#50500;&#49884;&#49828;)
I'm confused why SM stopped doing this kind of collaborations but this is nice.

Since there are a lot of Red Velvet fans here and no one post it, they will release a song for the Snowball Project, which is basically a collaboration between SM and Mystic Entertainment. The first song for this project was "Lemonade Love":
[STATION] &#48149;&#51116;&#51221; X &#47560;&#53356;_Lemonade Love_Music Video
produced by Henry and the MV is directed by Shindong. For the second project two songs will be released. A "Dumb Dumb Dumb" version by Giant Pink, Jang Jane, and PERC%NT and for SM, Red Velvet will release their version of "Rebirth" by Yoon Jong-shin. This version, as happened with "Lemonade Love" will be produced by Henry and the MV will be directed by Shindong. Both songs sound already pretty good. There is a funny behind the scene show on vlive:
&#45576;&#45929;&#51060; &#54532;&#47196;&#51229;&#53944; (SNOWBALL PROJECT) - V Live

Same thing happened to Super Junior during the release of their 10 year anniversary album "Devil". I think fans complained so much that they actually promoted a second week. Even if I'm not 100% sure if I remember correctly.

llehuty

Boss&#9733;Moogle;246215732 said:
Wow MBC edited SNSD out of their DMZ Concert broadcast, fans are pissed.
No idea why this is happening, but in any case, it sucks.

My current guess is that the girls are renegotiating their contracts with SM, and SM is showing them how easily they could blacklist them and that they are nobody without them (or something along those lines).

My current guess is that the girls are renegotiating their contracts with SM, and SM is showing them how easily they could blacklist them and that they are nobody without them (or something along those lines).

That's stretching way too much. MBC being dumb and SM being even more dumb than usual.

SM overall has been heavily criticized for how they handled every summer comeback this year, way more dumb than usual so this is just another one of the bunch.

Red Velvet's 1st concert fuck up coming up next.

If that was the case though, they should've only had one episode for Knowing Brothers... I mean KB is produced by SM C&C(Ho-dong and Soo-geun's agency too).

If what you're saying is true, then either somebody at JTBC or SM C&C has more pull than SM Ent, or it's a contractual obligation from both sides and SM can't easily back out of it.

Either way it sucks and makes no damn sense. It seems like SM is trying to pull a Konami on us lol.

Boss Mog

If that was the case though, they should've only had one episode for Knowing Brothers... I mean KB is produced by SM C&C(Ho-dong and Soo-geun's agency too).

If what you're saying is true, then either somebody at JTBC or SM C&C has more pull than SM Ent, or it's a contractual obligation from both sides and SM can't easily back out of it.

Either way it sucks and makes no damn sense. It seems like SM is trying to pull a Konami on us lol.

They only got half an episode of Happy Together, I don't think I've ever seen that happen on the show since I've been watching it.

On a more positive note though, they did manage to top the Billboard World Album chart so congratulations to them.

Boss&#9733;Moogle;246226802 said:
They only got half an episode of Happy Together, I don't think I've ever seen that happen on the show since I've been watching it.

On a more positive note though, they did manage to top the Billboard World Album chart so congratulations to them.

HT format changed a while ago so that was kinda bound to happen, what wasn't is what happened in that half exactly. 0 mention of their album or something worthy of their anniversary.

Tae has september busy and Sooyoung has her drama till december IIRC, plus Yuri's injury leaves october/november as a small window for that repackaged or japan album rumours.

Edit: It seems one of the fan theories is true.

According to this post by MBC's official weibo, SNSD's DMZ perf was edited out due to a request by SM

People are saying part of the reason could be Tiffany's incident on Liberation Day last year, MBC is asking them to stop blaming them and point their fingers to SM.

Nothing makes sense tbh.

Edit 2:

DHUoSPrVwAAJite.jpg

WTF

JustinBB7

Man Running Man with SNSD was amazing. Wish it was a 2 parter because they take a lot of time with making teams ( which is honestly the most fun part but still) that the actual game part gets cut a lot.

luso

Underage viewing problem? Holiday? lol what a lame excuse.

Apparently that information was edited and no longer says that. LMAO, of all reasons, that would be the least that someone would think about.
Too much shit going on for being just coincidences or mismanagement. Common point is SM, so this is on purpose, I'm also starting to think maybe related to upcoming/ongoing(?) contracts negotiations.

Eldren

Nothing about that AOA appearing on The Unit thing is confirmed, it was one person on Pann posting a thing they saw on Instiz saying not to put anyone on there, which Chanmi herself said she's heard nothing about. I doubt it would be Choa but I'd like to see Youkyoung get another shot, I liked her in AOA Black and FNC did her dirty. At least it won't be a current member seeing as they're all busy.

Also the SNSD thing is super shitty, SM really solidifying their position as a garbage company. They're undergoing contract renewals and if this is their way of showing the strength of their position then they really are a bunch of clowns. Part of me just wants them all to leave and do their own thing.

llehuty

Just breaking: SNSD currently renewing contracts. Some members have already renewed; others are positively negotiating
SM upping the pressure there.

This clears up why they had shitty promotions. But every sone jumping on the broadcast companies because how they were treating the group. SNSD worst enemy right now is SM, and that's something that should've been clear after how they treated Sica, and yet here we are.

In some positive news, new Weekly Idol ep will have Sunmi and Chungha! Can we get a collab out of this?

&#49688;&#46976; (SURAN) - &#49836;&#54536; &#50500;&#54548; (Sad Pain) MV
TAEYANG - ‘DARLING' M/V
TAEYANG - ‘WAKE ME UP’ M/V
Nothing groundbreaking out of this, but I'm really happy seeing Taeyang out of the tryhard sound and back to the smooth concept after so many years.

[M/V] &#54616;&#50864;&#49828;&#47344;&#51592; (House Rulez) - Do you want it (Feat. &#52860;&#47532;, &#50696;&#54616;&#45208;)
[M/V] &#54616;&#50864;&#49828;&#47344;&#51592; (House Rulez) - Mirrorball House (Feat. &#52860;&#47532;, &#50696;&#54616;&#45208;)
[M/V] &#54616;&#50864;&#49828;&#47344;&#51592; (House Rulez) - Dreaming (Feat. &#50696;&#54616;&#45208;)
They still have it.

Just breaking: SNSD currently renewing contracts. Some members have already renewed; others are positively negotiating
SM upping the pressure there.

This clears up why they had shitty promotions. But every sone jumping on the broadcast companies because how they were treating the group. SNSD worst enemy right now is SM, and that's something that should've been clear after how they treated Sica, and yet here we are.

The worst part of this is that some of them already renewed contracts.

wow! good call.

So apparently MBC said that SM asked them to edit out Soshi from the DMZ performance... what bastards.

Also llehuty getting it right is crazy lol. I know that renegotiations occur in January so it's actually a huuuge surprise to me that Soshi still hasn't been able to negotiate it and is why I dismissed the idea.

Knowing this, I'm guessing Knowing Brothers airing 2 eps for Soshi is unavoidable... unless of course the episode doesn't air next Saturday.

luso

Very interesting info. One thing strikes, as it was something I was thinking before reading that: back in 2014 they were at the very top and the contract extensions were certainly generous (within the SM anyway). Now that they may be not so strong as back then (disputable!), or at least is what SM thinks, they (SM) certainly want a better deal for themselves for this time renewal negotiations.

So apparently MBC said that SM asked them to edit out Soshi from the DMZ performance... what bastards.

Also llehuty getting it right is crazy lol. I know that renegotiations occur in January so it's actually a huuuge surprise to me that Soshi still hasn't been able to negotiate it and is why I dismissed the idea.

Knowing this, I'm guessing Knowing Brothers airing 2 eps for Soshi is unavoidable... unless of course the episode doesn't air next Saturday.
That may be also the reason Entertainment Relay interview was postponed to next weekend. But I have now little faith that segment will even air.

roaSone

This whole situation is messed up, SM is treating them like sh** and by SM I mean the company which is now run by a business man and not a daddy figure as was LSM.
I kinda wish the girls would open their own agency one day. It sounds utopist but not impossible to realize.

If negations happen in January and some members still haven't decided then I see why they are doing everything possible to sabotage this comeback. They want to force them to submit into resigning.

Top Bottom