• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Lulubop
(07-17-2017, 04:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Snacks the sober sea lion

I don't get it. Why are they just putting random Final Fight characters into SFV?

Because they do it all the time? Most of the other bosses have been in a SF game, Abigail is a boss character.

Why did they put Rolento and Sodom in Alpha?
Stone Ocean
(07-17-2017, 04:40 AM)

I don't get it. Why are they just putting random Final Fight characters into SFV?

He's not a random FF character, he's one of the bosses in the first game just like Sodom and Rolento
Village

Originally Posted by Stone Ocean

I'd say 5

Dekappa will never be topped

Is decapre that bad?

She's platinum blond cammy with a mask

like rufus is my low bar

fuck rufus
Goodstyle

Originally Posted by GoldandBlue

Sorry but the guys design reminds of a generic 90s comic trash design. Nothing about it looks unique.

I dunno, he literally flicks people in the face as a throw and turns you into a punching bag for his super. He seems unique among SF characters at least.

Also, I'm not saying weird automatically equals good, just that it shouldn't always be written off. I can't stand El Fuerte for example, so I understand how people who are put off by Abigail feel. All I'm saying is people should give him more of a chance to win you over.
Kensation
"Look at the STRIATIONS!!!"
E_Darkness

Originally Posted by Lulubop

Because they do it all the time? Most of the other bosses have been in a SF game, Abigail is a boss character.

I mean those were actually good designs.

Abigail is just a Hugo clone...
Dueck
Banned
(07-17-2017, 04:41 AM)

Originally Posted by henhowc

its $10. u waiting til its free? lmao

Even then, if they put out Super with all the season 1 and 2 stuff, it'd still be a better deal to wait and pay $40+ for that given the price of the DLC.
Qvoth
uhhh what the fuck
literally what the fuck
Village

Where have you been since alpha?
LowRoller
ok i'm done with sfv
OVDRobo

Originally Posted by Fright Zone

They have been since SF Alpha. Sodom, Guy, Cody, Rolento, Hugo and Poison are all from FF.

Yeah but they stuck pretty close to the original design on those characters and they weren't quite as irrelevant as Abigail is.
Stone Ocean

Originally Posted by Village

Is decapre that bad?

She's platinum blond cammy with a mask

like rufus is my low bar

fuck rufus

She was hyped to hell and back as a BRAND NEW MYSTERY CHARACTER for Ultra.

Then they go and reveal a "clone". People didn't take that well.

Originally Posted by E_Darkness

Abigail is just a Hugo clone...

He's more unique than any of the Andores and now he gets an unique design of his own
ffdgh
(07-17-2017, 04:42 AM)
I think he's hilarious with his over the top design and attacks. Those dislikes though.
Lulubop

Originally Posted by OVDRobo

Yeah but they stuck pretty close to the original design on those characters and they weren't quite as irrelevant as Abigail is.

ok
Teepo671
I kinda like him. What's wrong with the design?
Isn't he basically just Hugo with a mohawk? Is it because his proportions are kind of goofy or those tire armbands?
Village
(07-17-2017, 04:43 AM)

Disappointing as that was, I don't think she's that bad. And if she's revealed, much like ed , she could get a post sfv design that just strait up differentiates her visually

But I feel ya, I just... rufus is much worse is all i'm saying. Also T hawk
Sapientas

Who is an Andore clone

"So far, no one has correctly guessed it. Keep trying!"
FIREKNIGHT2029
🤔 I thought Abigail was black.
Stone Ocean
(07-17-2017, 04:44 AM)

Disappointing as that was, I don't think she's that bad. And if she's revealed, much like ed , she could get a post sfv design that just strait up differentiates her visually

But I feel ya, I just... rufus is much worse is all i'm saying. Also T hawk

Decapre turned out to be a really fun character, I'm talking exclusively about the reveal
jstripes
Banned
There's the power fantasy character.
Dr. Kitty Muffins

Originally Posted by Obscura

He'a going to be ass. But I really want to play him.

Also, what is he saying during one of his specials? Sounds like "white power"

Sounds like it to me too. A transgender character who uses Bane's Venom who shouts white power? I'm confused Capcom. I don't think you know what progressive means.
Thores
(07-17-2017, 04:45 AM)
I like that he's huge and hideous. His design is really dumb but in a fun way. I'm looking forward to trying him out next week.
Skilletor
(07-17-2017, 04:45 AM)

Originally Posted by GoldandBlue

Sorry but the guys design reminds of a generic 90s comic trash design. Nothing about it looks unique.

You just described final fight characters.
LowParry
(07-17-2017, 04:46 AM)
Village

Decapre turned out to be a really fun character, I'm talking exclusively about the reveal

Hopefully abigail turns out to be the same

Though I gotta feeling he wont be played much
Waddle Dee
I actually dig his gigantic size. He looks really interesting from a gameplay perspective. I'm not a fan of SF's character designs in general so him looking odd is just par for the course to me.

I don't even really like SFV and yet I feel the need to defend this. The hate for Capcom at this point is ludicrous. Some of you are out for blood!
kaydigi
I don't like the design, the goofy punch animation are really throwing me off. The stage and theme look really good though. Will they ever fix survival mode so you can fight against any of the dlc characters?
Jawmuncher

Originally Posted by Skilletor

Nah. FF were never Liefled. Even with the bigger Hugo and haggar
LakeEarth

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

Exactly what I was thinking.
Village
(07-17-2017, 04:47 AM)

....I can't argue your assessment

But I don't like that you said it
kewlmyc

Originally Posted by joe2187

For reference

So he's not even black anymore? Goddammit.
Fright Zone

Originally Posted by Dr. Kitty Muffins

Sounds like it to me too. A transgender character who uses Bane's Venom who shouts white power? I'm confused Capcom. I don't think you know what progressive means.

Wait what? Transgender? That's not official is it?

Are you just saying that because of the name?

And why did anyone think he was black, because he has darkish skin in some of his artwork?
The FF sprite looks fully caucasian to me.
kodecraft

Originally Posted by Teepo671

I kinda like him. What's wrong with the design?
Isn't he basically just Hugo with a mohawk? Is it because his proportions are kind of goofy or those tire armbands?

No he's not 'basically just Hugo' they fight completely different. Hugo is a grappler. Abigail is looking to brawl.
Lyte Edge
All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I saw the reveal trailer on Youtube-- did Ono reveal him at Evo or has he not come out yet?
direct_quote
(07-17-2017, 04:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Lyte Edge

I saw the reveal trailer on Youtube-- did Ono reveal him at Evo or has he not come out yet?

Yah Ono went on stage before trailer.
Skilletor
(07-17-2017, 04:48 AM)

....I can't argue your assessment

But I don't like that you said it

I mean...ya'll can Stan for blonde fight man and mustache wrestler guy all you want, but let's keep it a hundred.
Stone Ocean
(07-17-2017, 04:49 AM)

Originally Posted by kewlmyc

He caught whatever illness Birdie had in SF1, it seems
fresquito
(07-17-2017, 04:50 AM)

Originally Posted by MrCarter

Those people are clearly stupid. Season 2 has been great so far and I believe Abigail is being very underrated right now due to his OTT design.

People calling S2 bad are mostly people don't play SFV anymore. Akuma is a top character, Kolin I don't like that much, but she is bringing something no other character brings. Ed is good fun and I expect him to do good once Capcom decides to fix his combos (so many whiffs). S2 has been solid so far.
CountAntonius
That is fucking awful...wow. I rather stare at Ken's face.
Snacks the sober sea lion

Do they? Poison has been the only Final Fight character to make it in without having a Street Fighter legacy, which makes one Final Fight character in over 17 years.
Lothars
Not surprising people are shitting on everything sfv but I think the character is cool, I look forward to trying him out.
OVDRobo

ok

Nothing glaringly different about him at all. Definitely looks like a buff human and not a walking semi. Also the skin tone is noticeably different.

I'd also like to point out that his own collar is clipping into him on the one screenshot I attempted to take from the video. This character is probably going to make other character's clipping issues look like nothing.
Stone Ocean

Do they? Poison has been the only Final Fight character to make it in without having a Street Fighter legacy, which makes one Final Fight character in over 17 years.

Umm, how do you think the other characters got in? There wasn't a thing as Cody/Guy/Rolento/Hugo legacy back in Alpha/SF3
bethore
(07-17-2017, 04:51 AM)
Design aside, I have to say this season has been extremely disappointing in terms of the characters in general. When they originally announced Akuma and stated that the other five characters coming this season would be new to the fighting genre there was some doubts as to what exactly that meant. People were right in thinking that just meant NPCs turned into playable characters. The last silhouette is almost guaranteed to be Azam. Next character is probably just going to be another NPC turned playable. Not a single original character this season. So disappointing.
ArjanN

Originally Posted by kewlmyc

He never looked black.
Village

I mean...ya'll can Stan for blonde fight man and mustache wrestler guy all you want, but let's keep it a hundred.

Don't talk shit about blond protagonist, Asian best friend, and father in law trying to save his daughter with a very specific set of (wrestling) skills!

( Cody guy and haggar are the best, shut up nerd. )
Lulubop
(07-17-2017, 04:52 AM)

Originally Posted by OVDRobo

Nothing glaringly different about him at all. Definitely looks like a buff human and not a walking semi. Also the skin tone is noticeably different.

I'd also like to point out that his own collar is clipping into him on the one screenshot I attempted to take from the video. This character is probably going to make other character's clipping issues look like nothing.

just looks more jacked, don't see. The skin color thing is def wtf tho, did he get reverse birdie?
DR2K
Doesn't buy fighting games to actually play them
(07-17-2017, 04:52 AM)
Horrible design.
KillLaCam
Banned
(07-17-2017, 04:53 AM)
Yeah... thats interesting .. I guess
Ninja Scooter
bow down to the
Kings in Raider hats
(07-17-2017, 04:53 AM)

Dafuq?